Check your account email address ×

Diesel prices blow past $4 a gallon

• Gold Member

The most obvious answer as to why diesel and gasoline prices are surging is the price of oil, which over the past six weeks has risen 17% because of two main drivers: cuts in production from Russia and OPEC and record-breaking heat, analysts said.

https://www.fleetowner.com/news/article/21270639/the-us-diesel-average-spikes-222-cents-and-races-past-4-per-gallon

Had to travel for work last Tuesday.... didn't fuel up in Conn, figured it would be cheaper in MA, or NH.   Wrong, diesel was 409.9 a gallon in Southern New Hampshire.

Searching for dinner I followed a road sign for a buffet..... It wasn't their,  but found diesel for $3.39. a gallon.  Now, I wish that I filled my 500 gallon tank.

Sucks fuel prices jump before I head across the country......

59 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

The most obvious answer as to why diesel and gasoline prices are surging is the price of oil, which over the past six weeks has risen 17% because of two main drivers: cuts in production from Russia and OPEC and record-breaking heat, analysts said.

https://www.fleetowner.com/news/article/21270639/the-us-diesel-average-spikes-222-cents-and-races-past-4-per-gallon

Don't forget the market illusion of a soft landing.  Feds pausing, then 25 bps hike, market thinks they are done and it drives up energy prices.  Need a recession to reset things and bring back price stability.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, ACE said:

Over $6 per gallon in Canada 

but fuel prices are mostly tax. Nobody makes out better with high fuel prices than government 

Actualy they make out better with low prices. The taxes are the same and folks use more.