Check your account email address ×

For obvious reasons, this is the last you will hear about this

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Snake said:

And you're learning everything Paul Ryan and Carl Rove want you to know.

Listening to Wray get grilled by congress.

7 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

What do you think would happen if the govt said it was going to go door to door a d take Americans guns?

They would take them and arrest anyone who doesn't comply. All your Government has to do is declare it a national emergency and the boys in the military will follow their marching orders. JMHO

Still doesn't answer my question of do you think an armed militia could overthrow your government if they felt it was tyrannical? Some felt the covid reaction was tyranny yet I didn't see any armed protests? 

But @Snake's lack of a response tells me that Ace is correct and the US military is shit and would get their asses kicked by a bunch of hillbillies.

51 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You don't need an armed militia to overthrow an elected government, just the will of the people.  Go read a history book.

Or a tweet demanding the VP decertifying the electoral college. That at one point had the potential to overthrow an elected government.

Really no big deal though.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HSR said:

They would take them and arrest anyone who doesn't comply. All your Government has to do is declare it a national emergency and the boys in the military will follow their marching orders. JMHO

Still doesn't answer my question of do you think an armed militia could overthrow your government if they felt it was tyrannical? Some felt the covid reaction was tyranny yet I didn't see any armed protests? 

But @Snake's lack of a response tells me that Ace is correct and the US military is shit and would get their asses kicked by a bunch of hillbillies.

The military take an oath to uphold the constitution...a very large part of our military would not comply; especially if the govt turns its guns towards the citizens. 

As an example France lost control of its streets and the police were completely overwhelmed in numbers....they are largely unarmed. 

Imagine if the same outrage was displayed by the American gun owner.

16 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Or a tweet demanding the VP decertifying the electoral college. That at one point had the potential to overthrow an elected government.

That's not what was happening, but then again you do watch the always fake news.

He was sending the certification back to the legislators as was provisioned in the constitution.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

The military take an oath to uphold the constitution...a very large part of our military would not comply; especially if the govt turns its guns towards the citizens. 

As an example France lost control of its streets and the police were completely overwhelmed in numbers....they are largely unarmed. 

Imagine if the same outrage was displayed by the American gun owner.

BLM did the same in the US, seems only 1 gun owner showed up and he isn't looked upon as a hero by many Americans.

I think a large portion of the US is tired of all the guns and the violence that comes with them and the longer it goes largely unchecked the greater that number will be. When peoples innocent family members get caught up in it,especially the children, nobody is thinking of the constitution, they are wondering what went so wrong that they are in that position.

It's not going to magically fix itself, and it's going to get much worse if left unchecked.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's not what was happening, but then again you do watch the always fake news.

He was sending the certification back to the legislators as was provisioned in the constitution.

That's exactly what was happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSR said:

People of Afghanistan have been fighting their entire lives not eating big macs and playing COD.

You're assuming far more in your ridiculous scenarios.

Like I said I want Americans to chime in but they seem to have gone awfully quiet about the subject suddenly. Very telling.

Very telling?!  :lol: No one thinks Americans are going to rise up and confront our military.  And on that note, do you think Our military would ever train their guns in fellow Americans?  Trump had wide support among the rank and file.  I would think a mass demonstrations might get the message across.  The tide is turning against corruption imo, and sooner or later something has got to give.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Very telling?!  :lol: No one thinks Americans are going to rise up and confront our military.  And on that note, do you think Our military would ever train their guns in fellow Americans?  Trump had wide support among the rank and file.  I would think a mass demonstrations might get the message across.  The tide is turning against corruption imo, and sooner or later something has got to give.

You're going to be very disappointed  in 24.

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

and sooner or later something has got to give.

So you're thinking hitting the breaking point will fix everything?

Just now, HSR said:

So you're thinking hitting the breaking point will fix everything?

I’m all for most anything that confronts the corruption, and jailing the criminals.  Some deserve death.  Absolutely.  I don’t claim to have the answers, but I do know that  the corruption has to be confronted.  Right now they are jailing innocent people and ignoring the real criminals

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

No one thinks Americans are going to rise up and confront our military.

So in your opinion an armed militia has no chance against a tyrannical government? 

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

So in your opinion an armed militia has no chance against a tyrannical government? 

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You are badly misusing that quote. In that quote the militia is our military...and their job is securing a free state.

17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yup, and then to throw out certain “disputed” states electoral votes and remain as president. Aka overthrowing an elected government.

• Like 1

I used to think our military and enforcement agencies would never train their guns on Citizens, but after watching the FBI, ATF, Homeland Security, and local militarized police forces gleefully take down their fellow Citizen in the name of "just doing my job" and afraid to push back, they'd shot no questions asked.   There was a day but that day is long gone.

44 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Sure it was a big deal.  But do you really believe that all these people contesting the election had no basis?  I read recently that even if election fraud wasn’t proven, it’s clear that it was proven the election WAS rigged.  

Edited by DriftBusta

3 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

You are badly misusing that quote. In that quote the militia is our military...and their job is securing a free state.

I think you guys are misusing what was written over 200 years ago. Times change ,it's time to adapt to the current time.

Clinging to what men wrote for the 1700's and trying to apply it to today's times is ludicrous.

2 minutes ago, F3600 said:

I used to think our military and enforcement agencies would never train their guns on Citizens, but after watching the FBI, ATF, Homeland Security, and local militarized police forces gleefully take down their fellow Citizen in the name of "just doing my job" and afraid to push back, they'd shot no questions asked.   There was a day but that day is long gone.

I totally agree, throw the military obviously having no issues killing women and children in other countries because they are following orders and protecting America's freedom should show that they have no moral issues doing what they are told.

Just now, HSR said:

I think you guys are misusing what was written over 200 years ago. Times change ,it's time to adapt to the current time.

Clinging to what men wrote for the 1700's and trying to apply it to today's times is ludicrous.

We have ways to amend the constitution. In fact it's been amended 27 times. Until then I will choose to exercise my rights. 

8 minutes ago, HSR said:

Well if they were truly tyrannical the armed forces have a constitutional duty to confront that and not the citizens.  So I don’t see it that way.  And I see no chance of law abiding gun owners turning in their guns either.

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

I totally agree, throw the military obviously having no issues killing women and children in other countries because they are following orders and protecting America's freedom should show that they have no moral issues doing what they are told.

How many US military do you know who have no moral issues and think nothing of killing innocent women and children and by extension would kill innocent Americans?  Come on guy wtf.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well if they were truly tyrannical the armed forces have a constitutional duty to confront that and not the citizens.  So I don’t see it that way.  And I see no chance of law abiding gun owners turning in their guns either.

10 minutes ago, F3600 said:

Read the above post Woolie and tell him he is wrong.