Check your account email address ×

Betrayal beyond belief”: Conservatives cry foul after Republicans reach budget deal “to jettison all of Trump’s priorities

Betrayal beyond belief: Conservatives cry foul after Republicans reach budget deal to jettison all of Trumps priorities.

“Betrayal beyond belief”: Conservatives cry foul after Republicans reach budget deal “to jettison all of Trump’s priorities” 

Sophia Tesfaye at Salon 

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/01/betrayal-beyond-belief-conservatives-cry-foul-after-republicans-reach-budget-deal-to-jettison-all-of-trumps-priorities/ 

House and Senate appropriators unveiled the text of the more than $1 trillion spending package early on Monday morning. Despite threats of drastic cuts to vital and varied domestic programs outlined in President Donald Trump’s proposed “skinny budget” for fiscal 2018, the more than 1,600-page bill concerning funding through the end of September provides increased spending for the National Institute of Health, the National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities, Pell Grants to assist with college tuition, and the federal judiciary — which Trump has attacked on numerous occasions. Additionally, Republicans in the House agreed to continue fully funding Planned Parenthood and saved nearly 99 percent of the Environmental Protection Agency’s current level of funding. 

Republicans’ plan does not provide funding for Trump’s proposed border wall construction and only about half the amount sought by Trump for a military buildup. 

Democrats celebrated the deal with the Republican-controlled Congress. 

“We have eliminated more than 160 Republican poison pill riders, ranging from undermining a woman’s right to reproductive health to dismantling Dodd-Frank’s vital Wall Street consumer protections,” House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said in a statement. “The omnibus does not fund President Trump’s immoral and unwise border wall or create a cruel new deportation force.” 

................SNIP

I was flipping back and forth between the fake news networks last night and Fox was really giving Trump and Ryan some shit for not getting shit done. I applaude them for calling them out, even if i dont agree with the issue. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

pass it then pass out the names of who votes for this pile of shit and see who still has a job come mid terms

GOP better be ready to make major changes come September or they have cooked their own goose for midterms.   

This budget was an utter failure.   Rove outlined exactly what should have been done or what should be done in September.

Budget is passed in 13 separate appropriations.   Schedule the votes on the ones you want first.   Homeland security and what not.   Leave all the entitlements at the end and make the dems shut down the govt.  

What makes 2017 different is that Congress never passed a budget for FY2017. They passed a continuing resolution to get through early December, and then after the election the Trump transition team asked them to hold off on passing an appropriations bill to cover all of FY2017 until after the new president was inaugurated. So the GOP Congress passed a few short-term extension bills through the spring of 2017, and the bill they agreed on yesterday was just to cover the remaining five months of the year until FY2018 begins on October 1st.

The more I read about this, the more I'm wondering if Donald Trump is just a mad genius who put the Republicans in the House and Senate on the spot for the FY2018 budget. I'm sure they're already getting a ton of crap from their constituents over this short-term bill, so they're going to go into the FY2018 budget negotiations knowing full well that their jobs are really going to be on the line if they don't give Trump most of what he's seeking in his proposed FY2018 budget.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3549474/posts?page=41

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

GOP better be ready to make major changes come September or they have cooked their own goose for midterms.   

What I don't get is the citizens voted.  DONE.  They voted for the ideas and what Trump promised.  Now, the R's are enjoying it all after many proved to be morons and oppose their own candidate during the election.  So, it appears, some within their own party just don't wanna do anything but cause angst within their own damn party.  I'm sure hoping Trump has a chance to zero some of these people out when their time is up.  All he'd really have to do is endorse almost any R running against an obstructionist R...and Poof!

I get it.  The Dems are worthless and screwed up on a level above and beyond what the R's were after Obama's election.  WAY ABOVE.  But still.  Some factions of the R party can't get their heads right?  Dems and R's face similar problems in their own parties.  Some from both parties want to move to the extreme left or right, others wanna go toward a commons sense middle.....LIKE MOST AMERICANS DO.  

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

What I don't get is the citizens voted.  DONE.  They voted for the ideas and what Trump promised.  Now, the R's are enjoying it all after many proved to be morons and oppose their own candidate during the election.  So, it appears, some within their own party just don't wanna do anything but cause angst within their own damn party.  I'm sure hoping Trump has a chance to zero some of these people out when their time is up.  All he'd really have to do is endorse almost any R running against an obstructionist R...and Poof!

I get it.  The Dems are worthless and screwed up on a level above and beyond what the R's were after Obama's election.  WAY ABOVE.  But still.  Some factions of the R party can't get their heads right?  Dems and R's face similar problems in their own parties.  Some from both parties want to move to the extreme left or right, others wanna go toward a commons sense middle.....LIKE MOST AMERICANS DO.  

:lol: MN Momo - In 2008 Obama WON by 10 million votes - your boy LOST lost by 3 million.  Tell me again about the American people and who they voted for :lmao: 

Comparing the two elections and results if anyone has a mandate to :bigfinger: to the administration It's the D's now.  They simply need to use the R playbook from 8 years ago :bc: Plus we have the benefit of an unpopular clown in the WH who merely connects with bottom feeders like yourself :bc: 

34 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

MAKE THE SENATE FILIBUSTER BILLS!   Its as simple as that.   If certain GOP members don't fall in line let them deal with it in 2018.  Trump could very easily stop people from winning the election.   The POTUS sets the agenda for his party PERIOD.   

Don't get me wrong I don't want bills passed just to pass them.   I want effective legislation but at times just get something passed and have the other side obstruct it.   Its the nature of politics.  The dems have set out to obstruct virtually everything Trump wants so start making them block shit.   It will have the same effect the MSM did last fall.

Illegal Immigration was huge.   The wall was huge.   Make the dems block it and solidify this new base immediately.    

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol: MN Momo - In 2008 Obama WON by 10 million votes - your boy LOST lost by 3 million.  Tell me again about the American people and who they voted for :lmao: 

Comparing the two elections and results if anyone has a mandate to :bigfinger: to the administration It's the D's now.  They simply need to use the R playbook from 8 years ago :bc: Plus we have the benefit of an unpopular clown in the WH who merely connects with bottom feeders like yourself :bc: 

What an Idiot! :lol::lol: DO you know who the President is?  Do you know how it works?

Here, HINTORAMA!

SR Trump Thanks.jpg

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

MAKE THE SENATE FILIBUSTER BILLS!   Its as simple as that.   If certain GOP members don't fall in line let them deal with it in 2018.  Trump could very easily stop people from winning the election.   The POTUS sets the agenda for his party PERIOD.   

Don't get me wrong I don't want bills passed just to pass them.   I want effective legislation but at times just get something passed and have the other side obstruct it.   Its the nature of politics.  

BINGO.  This "super majority" shit has got to go if we are going to move forward at all.  Let the Dems whine.  They had a chance to show their true colors for Gorsuch.  And they sure did.  They are nothing but a self admitted obstructionist party running on an Anti-Trump referendum.  How is this fair for America?  It is not.

45 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

BINGO.  This "super majority" shit has got to go if we are going to move forward at all.  Let the Dems whine.  They had a chance to show their true colors for Gorsuch.  And they sure did.  They are nothing but a self admitted obstructionist party running on an Anti-Trump referendum.  How is this fair for America?  It is not.

I've asked several times where are the new faces of the party and where are the new ideas, and all you hear is dead silence.

They've got nothing to offer and still can't figure out why Trump won. 

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I've asked several times where are the new faces of the party and where are the new ideas, and all you hear is dead silence.

They've got nothing to offer and still can't figure out why Trump won. 

They really just don't have anything at all.  ZERO.  They haven't accepted the defeat so see no reason to change.  It's bizarre and sad.  Look at their minions on here.  It's the same ol' shtick.