Check your account email address ×

More GM success stories.

so a tasty tidbit on the yukon lights. they did extend warranty but it was a joke, 72k and an amount of years. most were past the mileage when the coverage was released. the stock lights are around 800.00 . but, in the special coverage is a part number for the lights that are much cheaper, around 200.00. you can buy those instead of the others, same light. we have led bands going out in everything. 

• Gold Member
33 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Never had to replace an LED light yet on any of my vehicles to this point.

How many of those $1,500 superduty mirrors you’ve had to change. Seems most the owners of them have issues with garage doors and then shit their pants when they see it’s 2k to replace 😂. Parts prices are just insane now with all these fancy gizmos these cars have now.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

How many of those $1,500 superduty mirrors you’ve had to change. Seems most the owners of them have issues with garage doors and then shit their pants when they see it’s 2k to replace 😂. Parts prices are just insane now with all these fancy gizmos these cars have now.

None so far. Only thing I've had to replace is a couple of DEF tanks. I also don't keep them long enough for shit to break. Full bumper to bumper warranty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup.  1,000 dollar headlights, taillights, mirrors,  is the norm.  People look at you like your crazy when you tell them prices.  Priced out little Kia, broke mirror, with painted cover on mirror .  $ 800 installed. 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Yup.  1,000 dollar headlights, taillights, mirrors,  is the norm.  People look at you like you’re crazy when you tell them prices.  Priced out little Kia, broke mirror, with painted cover on mirror .  $ 800 installed. 

Yup, add in adas recalibration on vehicles that have it and what the dealer charges for that something as simple as a mirror job can be a few thousand dollars. I just shake my head at the cost of some of this shit.

7 hours ago, Steve753 said:

None so far. Only thing I've had to replace is a couple of DEF tanks. I also don't keep them long enough for shit to break. Full bumper to bumper warranty.

That might sound cheaper...but other than the weird covid market the depreciation is way more than a tail light.

28 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

That might sound cheaper...but other than the weird covid market the depreciation is way more than a tail light.

Actually my 21 super duty is worth more now than what I paid in 2020. They're giving me 7g more on trade.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Actually my 21 super duty is worth more now than what I paid in 2020. They're giving me 7g more on trade.

Like I said covid market...1st time in history where vehicles didn't depreciate like stones.

46 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Like I said covid market...1st time in history where vehicles didn't depreciate like stones.

I don't think it has anything to do with covid anymore. Dealers are not stocking high trim models anymore to sit on lots. If you want an XL or XLT trim you can find those.

30 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I don't think it has anything to do with covid anymore. Dealers are not stocking high trim models anymore to sit on lots. If you want an XL or XLT trim you can find those.

Okay prior to 2020 how many times did you make money on your used truck?

Just now, SkisNH said:

Okay prior to 2020 how many times did you make money on your used truck?

Occasionally. 

5 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup, add in adas recalibration on vehicles that have it and what the dealer charges for that something as simple as a mirror job can be a few thousand dollars. I just shake my head at the cost of some of this shit.

What kills me is these people who think they can save a few bucks by not having collision coverage.  Those days are over.  I’m in the business and I don’t ride around with no insurance. 

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

What kills me is these people who think they can save a few bucks by not having collision coverage.  Those days are over.  I’m in the business and I don’t ride around with no insurance. 

9 grand for a front bumper, headlight, fender, drivers door running board and windshield washer canister. Labor included. On my last Super Duty 

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

9 grand for a front bumper, headlight, fender, drivers door running board and windshield washer canister. Labor included. On my last Super Duty 

Put the bags off, add another 4-5 grand. I had a Jag in last month. Young girl went off road. Adjuster stopped writing at fenders.  Ridiculous money for everything.  It was almost 3 grand to put a oil pan on it. I have a little Porsche in $ 3,000 for a headlight. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I didn’t have insurance at all or bare minimum for years but I’m old now so it’s cheap and not worth not having it. Some still do it though we had an older guy last fall pay 18k outta pocket to fix his brand new 22 sienna he decided to go off-roading in 😂.

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Put the bags off, add another 4-5 grand. I had a Jag in last month. Young girl went off road. Adjuster stopped writing at fenders.  Ridiculous money for everything.  It was almost 3 grand to put a oil pan on it. I have a little Porsche in $ 3,000 for a headlight. 

yeah then the aftermarket shit is just cheap enough to disqualify oem

• Gold Member
Just now, sleepybrew said:

yeah then the aftermarket shit is just cheap enough to disqualify oem

I will say oem’s are doing one thing right for us techs at least for insurance work. A lot of oem stuff now has trademarks on the parts so you can’t use aftermarket since it’s not returned to before accident condition. It’s a plus for everyone. Example like this light.

IMG_3169.jpeg

Just now, 800renegaderider said:

I will say oem’s are doing one thing right for us techs at least for insurance work. A lot of oem stuff now has trademarks on the parts so you can’t use aftermarket since it’s not returned to before accident condition. It’s a plus for everyone. Example like this light.

IMG_3169.jpeg

just did a canyon and it didn't have the emblem. that's what they wrote, if they complain i'll supplement it