Check your account email address ×

Depositors pull nearly $60bn from three US banks as Apple raises pressure

Good…

In a fresh sign of the threat to traditional banks, Apple and Goldman Sachs on Monday announced the launch of a new savings account in the US that will pay a market-leading 4.15 per cent a year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

More like people are sick of getting porked by the banks while they rake it in using YOUR money.

Oh yeah there is that. The dollar is not doing well and With the shit going on with our economy in general and this digital currency introduction /change over happening here, its sorta starting to freak me out a little n im not alone either.     i cant help but notice people are starting to talk more about what to do with what they have put away. 

A big run on the banks could get us in a rreally bad situation FASt as weak as we are today.   

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not uncommon when savings interest rates trail Fed Funds rates. 

Look at what the trash Jew banks are charging people vs paying people? Fuck them 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Look at what the trash Jew banks are charging people vs paying people? Fuck them 

I don’t know why more people don’t use credit unions. Non profit, member owned, way better rates then traditional banks. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I don’t know why more people don’t use credit unions. Non profit, member owned, way better rates then traditional banks. 

I think it should be federal law that any FDIC insured account must pay deposit interest within 1% point if what that institution charges on a 15 year fixed rate mortgage 

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

Not uncommon when savings interest rates trail Fed Funds rates. 

There is a lot of truth to that. During the severe recession of the late “70’s the reserve status of the dollar fell into the 30% range. Everyone was bailing on the dollar. I have to laugh my ass off when people say it’s bad times right now. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 hours ago, f7ben said:

I think it should be federal law that any FDIC insured account must pay deposit interest within 1% point if what that institution charges on a 15 year fixed rate mortgage 

I agree there should be modest regulations regarding what they must pay vs what they can borrow for.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree there should be modest regulations regarding what they must pay vs what they can borrow for.  

These fucking vampire pieces of filth borrow our own money from us at 0% and then loan it back to us at many multiples of that. Well fuck that 

• Like 1