Check your account email address ×

Lexus Hybrid explodes and takes out a home in town.

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

you post more crap about how great EV's are when in reality they will have zero to do with changing the Climate which has always changed, FOLLOW THE MONEY is what's behind the EV junk.

How do you feel about ICE vehicles and their fuels being the largest demand for REE’s.  Are REE useage in EV’s (which no REE’s are used in batteries) just a problem and REE’s in ice and it’s fuels not a problem?

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

2 Amazon delivery vans went by my house today. Both were EV’s and big too.

Rivians.  Amazon has over 3000 of them now in service with a bunch more planned and becoming a majority of there fleet

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I’m seeing more and more of them.

They are making/can make more than Amazon can handle…. That is why they are looking to get out of the exclusivity contract that only Amazon can buy ever can they produce.  FedEx and UPS would suck them up as it is the best offering alongside GM’s bright drop which can’t produce even close to what Rivian can.

all the motors on the Rivian are in house vs using Bosch which has spread up production and increased efficiencies on the van

Edited by BOHICA

17 minutes ago, HSR said:

We gotta get back on topic :bc: the OP changed the topic to hybrid vehicles catching fire :thumbsup: :lol:

Next time the Amazon ev goes by I will light it up.

Edited by Mainecat

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, HSR said:

We gotta get back on topic :bc: the OP changed the topic to hybrid vehicles catching fire :thumbsup: :lol:

Gas that goes into the Lexus in the OP is a well known combustible and explosive so if it exploded as in the referenced in the OP the explosion is like caused by the gas as batteries don’t explode.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

Each gallon of gas has an explosive force of 14 sticks of dynamite.  So with 17 gallons of gas on board I can see why that Lexus exploded.  Lots of vehicles in that past such as pintos and side saddle tank mounted  gm pickups went up in big gasoline fueled explosions.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

He does have a Kia rio with an adapted EV powertrain right?  True EV’s are nothing like what your son has.  I frequently put 2 adults on road trips with 10 days of luggage in the trunk,frunk and backseats and have over 39000 miles of 400 mile plus trips and my experience with a ground up non compromised EV is different then your son’s.

My son has a Tesla. Same as his wife. I've told you this before. Not sure where you got the Kia garbage from. Likely from your ass where most of your bullshit comes from.

Edited by Steve753
  • Thanks 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, HSR said:

Yes I agree there is a small market they are suited for but in those instances they are a great innovation IMHO. 

And not that it matters to me but electric supercars are fucking impressive 

Just like ICE supercars are, but neither are practical. 

On 4/15/2023 at 4:22 PM, ckf said:

There was nothing out of line with his comment. Had it come from just about anyone else here it would be considered tame for this place. You on the other hand are trying to make it more than it is. Move on and maybe you can get yourself off of moderation approval.

I would like to point out that every one of Badgers posts has been approved as written.

:thumbsup::lol2:

So you're telling me there's a chance? - Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

This is the only house in town that has ever burnt down from a vehicle explosion that I know of. Antigo had an EV go up in flames this past summer also all they could do was walk away. 

18 hours ago, Badger** said:

This is the only house in town that has ever burnt down from a vehicle explosion that I know of. Antigo had an EV go up in flames this past summer also all they could do was walk away. 

An EV, A Hybrid or I.C.E.?

Was it in a parking lot or along the side of the road so they could just walk away and leave it burn?

Happen to have a link on the EV fire?