Check your account email address ×

Lexus Hybrid explodes and takes out a home in town.

4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Like almost 6% percent of overall new car market in the US and doubling every year.  Likely 1 in 10 vehicles bought in 2023 maybe be electric????  EV are like almost 20% of the market in California in 2022

Stupid Liberals as usual.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
35 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Stupid Liberals as usual.

Texas and Florida are the 2nd and 3rd largest market for EV’s and the market is doubling every year in those liberal shitholes as well…

Just now, BOHICA said:

Texas and Florida are the 2nd and 3rd largest market for EV’s and the market is doubling every year in those liberal shitholes as well…

If someone gave me EV for free I would sell it the same day, they are garbage vehicles.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Yup, manufacturing EV vehicles is about the stupidist thing that was ever done

No.  Especially when the world is all switching to them.  If you want to be an auto manufacture in a couple decades you are going to have to make EV’s if you want to stay in business.  The stupid manufactures will go the way of the horse buggy makers

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Yup, manufacturing EV vehicles is about the stupidist thing that was ever done

I have to ask.... why do EV's bother you so much? They don't do anything for me at this point either. Don't want one? Don't buy one.  

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

No.  Especially when the world is all switching to them.  If you want to be an auto manufacture in a couple decades you are going to have to make EV’s if you want to stay in business.  The stupid manufactures will go the way of the horse buggy makers

EV's will die out in a few years as Hydrogen takes over.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I have to ask.... why do EV's bother you so much? They don't do anything for me at this point either. Don't want one? Don't buy one.  

The cycle of making a car starts with raw materials being extracted, refined, transported and manufactured into several components that will be assembled to produce the car itself. This process is very much the same in both conventional and electric cars. Nevertheless, at the end of the manufacturing process, electric cars are the ones generating more carbon emissions, according to the Union of Concerned Scientists.

Why is this? Because electric cars store energy in large batteries (the larger they are, the bigger their range is) that have high environmental costs. This happens because these batteries are made of rare earth elements (REE) like lithium, nickel, cobalt or graphite that only exist beneath the surface of the Earth and therefore depend on mining activities with very polluting processes.

• Gold Member
Just now, XCR1250 said:

EV's will die out in a few years as Hydrogen takes over.

No.  Hydrogen is a non starter for personal transport.  Could work for large public transport maybe.

hydrogen cars are shrinking in sales and development cost.  They are all posting money into EV’s,  GM, Ford, Stellantis are all putting their efforts into EV’s and not much into hydrogen at all.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

The cycle of making a car starts with raw materials being extracted, refined, transported and manufactured into several components that will be assembled to produce the car itself. This process is very much the same in both conventional and electric cars. Nevertheless, at the end of the manufacturing process, electric cars are the ones generating more carbon emissions, according to the Union of Concerned Scientists.

Why is this? Because electric cars store energy in large batteries (the larger they are, the bigger their range is) that have high environmental costs. This happens because these batteries are made of rare earth elements (REE) like lithium, nickel, cobalt or graphite that only exist beneath the surface of the Earth and therefore depend on mining activities with very polluting processes.

No rare earth elements (REE) in any battery that i am aware of FYI.  Catalytic converters on ICE vehicles have more REE’s than an EV battery.  That is why theft is so popular of catalytic converter is cause of all the REE’s in them….   Educate yourself on the matter would be advisable.

list of the all the Rare Earth Elements on earth….

6C214D7A-2FA9-4363-ADA6-8E3B50BC5D71.jpeg.17c4f679c521d0c5ef07a322dc5ee18c.jpeg

https://www.thermofisher.com/blog/mining/can-you-name-all-17-rare-earth-elements/

none of the things you listed in your battery list is a REE or rare on earth or hard to mine.

24 minutes ago, ckf said:

Really isn't any different then someone here trying to promote/convince others to buy them.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Really isn't any different then someone here trying to promote/convince others to buy them.

If they own one and have favorable experience with it no reason they can't share it. You have zero experience but yet feel a lot of hate towards them. I really don't care what people want to drive if it makes them happy :thumbsup:

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Inconvenient truths…. Expect you to ignore…..

omg I guess rare earths arent bad!!!  Am I right????

For example, 26% of rare earths are used worldwide as catalysts in the petroleum industry and in catalytic converters for internal combustion engine cars.

About 20 to 23% are used in the manufacture of permanent magnets for electric motors.

https://www.sneci.com/blog/are-rare-earths-an-issue-in-the-production-of-ev-batteries/

Edited by BOHICA

1 minute ago, HSR said:

If they own one and have favorable experience with it no reason they can't share it. You have zero experience but yet feel a lot of hate towards them. I really don't care what people want to drive if it makes them happy :thumbsup:

I believe he's trying to make the point they are somehow a better vehcle and in the long run less polluting and will stop climate warming.

• Gold Member
38 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I believe he's trying to make the point they are somehow a better vehcle and in the long run less polluting and will stop climate warming.

Are REE’s use bad?

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

You tell the audience.

I asked you…. I doubt you will answer.  😂 

You really post a lot of false and fake shit when it comes to this topic.  More so than all the fake shit the democrats post/posted about Trump.  Your post are on par and equal to MC’s and cohorts Trump Pee Pee tapes.  You really need to educate yourself a bit….

Tesla is not the driver of the global demand for rare earths; the global OEM Internal Combustion Engine (“ICE”) automotive industry is the principal driver of demand for rare earth permanent magnets followed by or paralleled by the direct drive wind turbine electricity generation industry (at the moment), the Global OEM EV industry, and the global military industry.

https://investorintel.com/critical-minerals-rare-earths/what-are-the-implications-if-teslas-next-generation-motors-are-rare-earths-free/

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I asked you…. I doubt you will answer.  😂 

You really post a lot of false and fake shit when it comes to this topic.  More so than all the fake shit the democrats post/posted about Trump.  Your post are on par and equal to MC’s and cohorts Trump Pee Pee tapes.  You really need to educate yourself a bit….

Tesla is not the driver of the global demand for rare earths; the global OEM Internal Combustion Engine (“ICE”) automotive industry is the principal driver of demand for rare earth permanent magnets followed by or paralleled by the direct drive wind turbine electricity generation industry (at the moment), the Global OEM EV industry, and the global military industry.

https://investorintel.com/critical-minerals-rare-earths/what-are-the-implications-if-teslas-next-generation-motors-are-rare-earths-free/

you post more crap about how great EV's are when in reality they will have zero to do with changing the Climate which has always changed, FOLLOW THE MONEY is what's behind the EV junk.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, HSR said:

Being forced to buy one is the issue most will have.  The people who I know who have them,  including my son say they're are to many negatives right now unless you just drive locally. For instance he said he had a car full of adults and a head wind and it cut his range literally in half. To me that's just not acceptable. 

Edited by Steve753

• Gold Member
Just now, XCR1250 said:

you post more crap about how great EV's are when in reality they will have zero to do with changing the Climate which has always changed, FOLLOW THE MONEY is what's behind the EV junk.

Over the life of a vehicle (couple 100k) does an EV produce less life cycle emissions then a comparable ice vehicle?  Especially when considering all the REE mining requirements for ice vehicles over their lifespan?  Petroleum requires constant feedstock of REE’s to make a gallon. You mentioned REE’s in earlier post and just trying to see where your stance is?  Also are you aware that ICE vehicles and the petroleum industry uses more REE’s then the EV’s.

Tesla actually has vehicles in development that use essentially 0 REE’s

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Being forced to buy one is the issue most will have.  The people who I know who have them,  including my son say they're are to many negatives right now unless you just drive locally. For instance he said he had a careful of adults and a head wind and it cut his range literally in half. To me that's just not acceptable. 

Yes I agree there is a small market they are suited for but in those instances they are a great innovation IMHO. 

And not that it matters to me but electric supercars are fucking impressive 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Being forced to buy one is the issue most will have.  The people who I know who have them,  including my son say they're are to many negatives right now unless you just drive locally. For instance he said he had a car full of adults and a head wind and it cut his range literally in half. To me that's just not acceptable. 

He does have a Kia rio with an adapted EV powertrain right?  True EV’s are nothing like what your son has.  I frequently put 2 adults on road trips with 10 days of luggage in the trunk,frunk and backseats and have over 39000 miles of 400 mile plus trips and my experience with a ground up non compromised EV is different then your son’s.