Check your account email address ×

sneakers , aka tennis shoes aka what ever the fuck they are called in your part of the good ole USA

• Platinum Contributing Member

Havnt owned a pair in over 20 yrs. Every time I look at some there is no bottom padding. Things look like they would feel like walking on concrete barefoot. Anyone have any they like , that are worth a shit?

Thinking bout buying a pair.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Havnt owned a pair in over 20 yrs. Every time I look at some there is no bottom padding. Things look like they would feel like walking on concrete barefoot. Anyone have any they like , that are worth a shit?

Shit I still wear slippers everywhere I go....

Gotta toughen those feet up bro.....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Hokas look a little clunky but damn they are comfortable.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Shit I still wear slippers everywhere I go....

Gotta toughen those feet up bro.....

I wear these , they feel like slippers

zam.jpg

Edited by steve from amherst
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Never understood the shoe fetish a lot of men have.  I wear what ever my wife buys me.  I wear work boots, that are nice for a day most of the time. 

During my busy season I walk 4-5 miles a day. If I wear cheap shit when I get out of the truck at the end of the day I walk like Im 90.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

During my busy season I walk 4-5 miles a day. If I wear cheap shit when I get out of the truck at the end of the day I walk like Im 90.

Yeah,  thats me pretty much every day. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

I'm cheap and hate laces. I buy 2 pairs of these when they go on sale for 50% off. Super comfy and very light.

Screenshot_20230224_082725.jpg

Right on.  I like anything I don’t have to bend over to put on.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Yeah,  thats me pretty much every day. :lol:

When I bought the first pair of those zamberlain they gave me a pair of smartwool socks. I saw the price , $18 and thought " what kind of fucking moron would pay $18 for 1 pair of socks" after wearing them I now understand. Not only do your feet feel great all day, but the first pair I got was 5 yrs ago and Im still wearing them . Im sold.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I'm cheap and hate laces. I buy 2 pairs of these when they go on sale for 50% off. Super comfy and very light.

Step ins are awesome I have had Merrill’s for 10 years and bought a pair of sketchers foam and they are awesome too.

New Balance has a line of sneakers called foam that are really comfy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

When I bought the first pair of those zamberlain they gave me a pair of smartwool socks. I saw the price , $18 and thought " what kind of fucking moron would pay $18 for 1 pair of socks" after wearing them I now understand. Not only do your feet feel great all day, but the first pair I got was 5 yrs ago and Im still wearing them . Im sold.

Nothing worse than cheap socks. I have a pair of over the calf from Duluth that are over 10 years old never drop and like new

11 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Nothing worse than cheap socks. I have a pair of over the calf from Duluth that are over 10 years old never drop and like new

Yup.  I hate cheap socks that fall down.  My mil buys me nice socks for Christmas every year.  Not sure the brand.  

18 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I still have that exact shoe from years ago that's still kickin :lol: Super comfy

• Haha 1

I've pretty much worn New Balance for sneakers since my late teens. They were one of the only ones back then that made wide sneakers. I was constantly blowing out the seems in the side in a month on Nike's back then. New Balance 13 EEE fit's every time, lol.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've pretty much worn New Balance for sneakers since my late teens. They were one of the only ones back then that made wide sneakers. I was constantly blowing out the seems in the side in a month on Nike's back then. New Balance 13 EEE fit's every time, lol.

Flipper!!! :lol:

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

A lot of thei line is still made in USA

• Like 1