Check your account email address ×

90 day wonder

Pete

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

At lot of money for a motor in 65 . Cost as much as a new mustang. 

Oh definitely. These types really only went to the well connected racers. 
The ZL1 package was $4,160 option. More than the price of the car itself. 
It’s no different today with high hp low volume cars. Most ppl can’t afford them lol.

Edited by Pete

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Oh definitely. These types really only went to the well connected racers. 
The ZL1 package was $4,160 option. More than the price of the car itself. 
It’s no different today with high hp low volume cars. Most ppl can’t afford them lol.

My Dad had a Rouge prepped 427 in his street rod. Sold the motor out of it in 79 for 2,500.  Probably go for about $30,000 today. 

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

My Dad had a Rouge prepped 427 in his street rod. Sold the motor out of it in 79 for 2,500.  Probably go for about $30,000 today. 

Oh yes. Most of this stuff only appreciates in value now. 

18 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Shitty picture of picture.  Brother and I in 76.

Can you imagine getting pulled over doing a 100 mph, no seat belts , with your kids , today?   Different times for sure. :lol:

528631AA-260D-49EB-BF27-4CDAE82E0E02.jpeg

Great pic. 
yeah different times for sure. I remember being in the front seat of the brand new 1971 Chevelle Malibu dad bought sitting in the middle playing with the radio. No seat belts where ever used. Not even mentioned.

• Like 1

The thing is the engine was used in Drag racing and if it was any good it would have stuck around.......The Hemi was around the same time frame and is still the basis of top fuel racing today.  I still maintain that Ford has never been very good at making engines, sure every once in a while they make an OK engine but taken as a whole not so much.

58 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The thing is the engine was used in Drag racing and if it was any good it would have stuck around.......The Hemi was around the same time frame and is still the basis of top fuel racing today.  I still maintain that Ford has never been very good at making engines, sure every once in a while they make an OK engine but taken as a whole not so much.

Still a bad ass piece that will go down in history. 

Yup, I,ve owned over 10 of them over the years. The latest one, a 2019 convertible, 460 HP of ass kicking pure muscle, and that orgasmic 5.0 sound. 

I enjoy that sound so much, I put a 347 ford stroker in my Monster Miata. Amazing to watch the heads turn when people hear that beautiful sound coming out of a miata. 

MONSTERMIATA3 001.jpg

2019-Ford-Mustang-GT-Convertible-Premium-2 (2).webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1