Check your account email address ×

Anyone going to the ditch banger national?

Just got back from the ass dragger race. Some of the best racing I have seen in a while. I think it is better than an actual isoc race as they got rid of the huge jumps and made it a drivers race like back in the day. The sport class final was 17 rows deep the announcer said. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Just got back from the ass dragger race. Some of the best racing I have seen in a while. I think it is better than an actual isoc race as they got rid of the huge jumps and made it a drivers race like back in the day. The sport class final was 17 rows deep the announcer said. 

you should be able to upload some of the videos you sent me here... :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

How much carnage?  

Tons of carnage and blown motors. in the sport final they had to red flag the start and line them up again. Like 25 sleds wrecked in the first corner. I tried to up load the video of it but the file was to big. Maybe some of other ones will work 

20 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Tons of carnage and blown motors. in the sport final they had to red flag the start and line them up again. Like 25 sleds wrecked in the first corner. I tried to up load the video of it but the file was to big. Maybe some of other ones will work 

I'd otherwise be interested in doing that for fun but I'd worry a little about getting ran over by a goon.  I'd have to have a sled I don't give any shits about 

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'd otherwise be interested in doing that for fun but I'd worry a little about getting ran over by a goon.  I'd have to have a sled I don't give any shits about 

I only saw one person kinda get run over. Most of the carnage happens in the first corner and they really aren’t going very fast as it is a super sharp corner. Usually someone tips over and everyone piles into each other. By lap 3 the heard is pretty much thinned out to a normal size as 1/2 the sleds blew up

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I only saw one person kinda get run over. Most of the carnage happens in the first corner and they really aren’t going very fast as it is a super sharp corner. Usually someone tips over and everyone piles into each other. By lap 3 the heard is pretty much thinned out to a normal size as 1/2 the sleds blew up

It'd probably be a decent strategy's to hang back and then stick to the inside and pass half the field in the first turn.  It sounds fun to do it or even watch.  I'd have to think about what machine would be best for results but also not crazy stupid zr money and the not give a shit attitude towards it.  Maybe just use a Polaris!

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

It'd probably be a decent strategy's to hang back and then stick to the inside and pass half the field in the first turn.  It sounds fun to do it or even watch.  I'd have to think about what machine would be best for results but also not crazy stupid zr money and the not give a shit attitude towards it.  Maybe just use a Polaris!

Majority of the sleds in it were purchased with in a week of the race for cheap. They asked everyone that made the podium what they would do different now that race is over. They all said work out and probably have the shocks rebuilt instead of winging it lol. It really was like getting on a time machine to the mid 90s seeing it. Another thing I learned is there is still a ton of collectible race gear that is out there especially the cat stuff. The so called rare stuff from the 90s a lot of people were racing in. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Majority of the sleds in it were purchased with in a week of the race for cheap. They asked everyone that made the podium what they would do different now that race is over. They all said work out and probably have the shocks rebuilt instead of winging it lol. It really was like getting on a time machine to the mid 90s seeing it. Another thing I learned is there is still a ton of collectible race gear that is out there especially the cat stuff. The so called rare stuff from the 90s a lot of people were racing in. 

Yeah the suspension is always going to be the limiter for speed with that.  I imagine it got pretty rough, did they do any maintenance track work? Yeah I probably have around 20 jackets.  It's taken over an entire room of my house.  Bought another jacket at the ERX swap and then got another one since then even.  Definitely a gear whore I just think that stuff is so cool, at least the ones I like, not just any old crap 

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yeah the suspension is always going to be the limiter for speed with that.  I imagine it got pretty rough, did they do any maintenance track work? Yeah I probably have around 20 jackets.  It's taken over an entire room of my house.  Bought another jacket at the ERX swap and then got another one since then even.  Definitely a gear whore I just think that stuff is so cool, at least the ones I like, not just any old crap 

They groom after every heat. It gets rough after each race. It starts off like a groomed trail, then it gets chewed up and the moguls appear 1/2 way through the heat. 

On 2/12/2023 at 7:29 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

there was an ambulance...

Oh?

On 2/12/2023 at 4:37 PM, Not greg b said:

I saw 2 nice looking 2000/01 Sno Pro's all numbered up heading toward ERX Saturday morning.  I should have chased the guys down and smacked them.  I'm sure neither one is intact.  

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

That Tri-5 race isn't any better.  No way will I do either one.  I think the mentality it takes for some of, or most of, the people racing them I just do not get.  They are wired a little different.  

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I saw one that was clearly raced on Saturday for sale on Sunday morning.  

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Oh?

I saw 2 nice looking 2000/01 Sno Pro's all numbered up heading toward ERX Saturday morning.  I should have chased the guys down and smacked them.  I'm sure neither one is intact.  

That Tri-5 race isn't any better.  No way will I do either one.  I think the mentality it takes for some of, or most of, the people racing them I just do not get.  They are wired a little different.  

I saw one that was clearly raced on Saturday for sale on Sunday morning.  

I am not sure who ended up needing the ambulance. I thought it was for the guy that got ran over but it wasn’t as he was drinking beer talking about it shortly after. I think it may have been from the guy that fell off the top of the berm in turn 1. It was about 8ft tall 

Edited by Not greg b

16 hours ago, mnstang said:

I was looking for a 440 Fanner for the beatercross race here which didn't work out but there were several XCF's out there one could pin to the bars around most of the track from what I saw and I'd give zero fucks over utterly destroying a Polaris, or a Doo.  :)

like this... https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/581793670512873?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A8c19e86c-eb82-48b2-b4e0-c772d79f4aae

good brakes, handling and suspension over raw hp ;)

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

They groom after every heat. It gets rough after each race. It starts off like a groomed trail, then it gets chewed up and the moguls appear 1/2 way through the heat. 

sorta like most trails just north of here on Friday morning...  

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

one was a dude in the FB SP Race Sleds group I'm fairly certain... probably the same one notGreg texted me the picture of.   was he the one in the jean jacket Greg?  :lmao:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I was looking for a 440 Fanner for the beatercross race here which didn't work out but there were several XCF's out there one could pin to the bars around most of the track from what I saw and I'd give zero fucks over utterly destroying a Polaris, or a Doo.  :)

like this... https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/581793670512873?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A8c19e86c-eb82-48b2-b4e0-c772d79f4aae

good brakes, handling and suspension over raw hp ;)

sorta like most trails just north of here on Friday morning...  

one was a dude in the FB SP Race Sleds group I'm fairly certain... probably the same one notGreg texted me the picture of.   was he the one in the jean jacket Greg?  :lmao:

You have been talking about racing one all year poser . Just do it and stop the bitching and excuses Karen2Karen . :nose:

:pc: