Check your account email address ×

Yes, Chinese Spy Balloons Flew Over The U.S. When President Trump Was In Office Too

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, akvanden said:

So presumably we had military radar installations across the country detecting the balloons, which could have been who knows what unknown threat, and in your two minds it makes sense they just didn’t tell the president about it? 9_9

Canada knew and didn’t act upon it either, clearly.

Makes total sense.

I don't believe the previous ones crossed Canadian airspace.   

Explain to us why they wouldn't inform the admin even if the military thought they weren't a threat?   Remember Milley was calling China behind the administration's backs.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Huh?  If it happened, the president is supposed to know.  Trump and a half dozen senior officials in his cabinet deny that this ever happened on their watch.  Are you saying this is a regular thing?  No Chinese balloons have ever made national news for flying undisturbed across the United States for almost a week.  You're out there in some kind of hypothetical la la land?  No one has explained how they could determine that this didn't present a threat, because they've never seen fit to explain it.  Instead we get the standard deflections and excuses from the Biden administration, like we always do.  But yeah Truimp threat to democracy yayah.

Well no shit they're supposed to know. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if this one a one time event and we did catch it the first time. I had thought you were on the bandwagon with some of the others saying "the military didn't tell trump when it happened" which is just absurd.

Maybe we're actually on the same page.

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I don't believe the previous ones crossed Canadian airspace.   

Explain to us why they wouldn't inform the admin even if the military thought they weren't a threat?   Remember Milley was calling China behind the administration's backs.

But this one did, right?

They would inform the admin about an unknown threat to the country. That's their job. It would be better for you to explain why you think the military would simply ignore threats. 

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2023 at 9:38 PM, Badger** said:

I was asked to put some members on ignore I have done my part. :bc:  

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

Retard Alert GIF | Gfycat

58 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Hillary Clinton Balloon GIF by Democratic National Convention

Badger is the "Ignore function" software acting up again? I can let ckf know if that's the case :dunno:

Or was this just another Badger lie trying to garner attention :news:

11 hours ago, akvanden said:

Well no shit they're supposed to know. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if this one a one time event and we did catch it the first time. I had thought you were on the bandwagon with some of the others saying "the military didn't tell trump when it happened" which is just absurd.

Maybe we're actually on the same page.

But this one did, right?

They would inform the admin about an unknown threat to the country. That's their job. It would be better for you to explain why you think the military would simply ignore threats. 

Never claimed they ignored them just saying its pretty obvious they kept it from the administration.   More reading comprehension issues?  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Never claimed they ignored them just saying its pretty obvious they kept it from the administration.   More reading comprehension issues?  

You're right, I'm not comprehending. Can you explain why our military would knowingly and repeatedly let the Chinese fly balloons over our country?

It sounds like it's pretty obvious. 

14 minutes ago, akvanden said:

You're right, I'm not comprehending. Can you explain why our military would knowingly and repeatedly let the Chinese fly balloons over our country?

It sounds like it's pretty obvious. 

Your guess is as good as mine.  They obviously did this time didn't they?   Threat or not....blocking transmissions or not I think it should have been brought down every single time as quick as they could.  

My point is I'm not buying we didn't know the last times and if so what a colossal gap in our air defenses.  They are claiming that after this time they went back and looked at the radar and what not and now see they missed it.   This is after claiming they just didn't think it was serious enough to go up the chain of command.  Come on pull my other leg and it will play jingle bells.

https://www.opb.org/article/2023/02/06/this-wasn-t-the-first-chinese-balloon-over-the-u-s-why-were-the-others-ignored/

According to a senior U.S. defense official, Chinese balloons crossed over the U.S. at least three times during the Trump administration and at least one other time earlier in the Biden administration.

However, these previous air incursions were brief and judged to be insignificant. The reports apparently didn't make their way up the military chain of command, let alone reach the White House.

"I don't ever recall somebody coming into my office or reading anything that the Chinese had a surveillance balloon above the United States," Mark Esper, who served as a defense secretary during the Trump administration, told CNN.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/06/norad-missed-chinese-spy-balloon-flights-during-trump-admin-general-admits/

WASHINGTON – A top military commander said Monday the US had not detected previous incursions by Chinese spy balloons as they took place during the Trump administration – raising troubling questions about the security of US airspace.

“Every day as NORAD commander, it’s my responsibility to detect threats to North America,” Air Force Gen. Glen D. VanHerck of the North American Aerospace Defense Command told reporters. “I will tell you that we did not detect those [previous] threats. And that’s a domain awareness gap that we have to figure out.”

I'm also saying with what top military personal admitted during the last admin its paramount to treason if they knew and didn't inform the administration no matter the level of threat assessed.  The President in CIC of the armed forces....if some incursion into our airspace occurred they should be immediately notified. 

Honest question do you immediately believe everything that comes out of our military and DC?   

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Your guess is as good as mine.  They obviously did this time didn't they?   Threat or not....blocking transmissions or not I think it should have been brought down every single time as quick as they could.  

My point is I'm not buying we didn't know the last times and if so what a colossal gap in our air defenses.  They are claiming that after this time they went back and looked at the radar and what not and now see they missed it.   This is after claiming they just didn't think it was serious enough to go up the chain of command.  Come on pull my other leg and it will play jingle bells.

https://www.opb.org/article/2023/02/06/this-wasn-t-the-first-chinese-balloon-over-the-u-s-why-were-the-others-ignored/

According to a senior U.S. defense official, Chinese balloons crossed over the U.S. at least three times during the Trump administration and at least one other time earlier in the Biden administration.

However, these previous air incursions were brief and judged to be insignificant. The reports apparently didn't make their way up the military chain of command, let alone reach the White House.

"I don't ever recall somebody coming into my office or reading anything that the Chinese had a surveillance balloon above the United States," Mark Esper, who served as a defense secretary during the Trump administration, told CNN.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/06/norad-missed-chinese-spy-balloon-flights-during-trump-admin-general-admits/

WASHINGTON – A top military commander said Monday the US had not detected previous incursions by Chinese spy balloons as they took place during the Trump administration – raising troubling questions about the security of US airspace.

“Every day as NORAD commander, it’s my responsibility to detect threats to North America,” Air Force Gen. Glen D. VanHerck of the North American Aerospace Defense Command told reporters. “I will tell you that we did not detect those [previous] threats. And that’s a domain awareness gap that we have to figure out.”

I'm also saying with what top military personal admitted during the last admin its paramount to treason if they knew and didn't inform the administration no matter the level of threat assessed.  The President in CIC of the armed forces....if some incursion into our airspace occurred they should be immediately notified. 

Honest question do you immediately believe everything that comes out of our military and DC?   

Absolutely, shoot them down like they did this time. It says they only transited across Hawaii, Texas, and Florida in the past and not right across the center such as this time, which is irrelevant, shoot them down either way.  Why the previous threats didn't make it to the NORAD commander, I don't know. But if it didn't make it to the NORAD commander, it also didn't make it to the joint chiefs of staff. Whatever the breakdown was, fix it.

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

I immediately believe what makes the most sense. I don't jump to conclusions hoping the facts to support such conclusions happen to fall into place later on. Plus I have you to help with the comprehension/clarification part. ;)

8 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

In a decade they will ask who ever got their news from msm.

:lol:

8 hours ago, ACE said:

It’s 2023 and there’s still mental midgets that don’t understand that Twitter isn’t a publisher 

:lol:

Screenshot_20230208_173507_Samsung Internet.jpg