Check your account email address ×

Just got back ...

Bontz

sounds like a great trip @Bontz, having spent a lot of time in the area between L'Anse and Big Bay not during snowmobile season that ride is on my bucket list.  

also glad your sled arrived and didn't start on fire because after all, this is the GF and because Polaris.  

:thumbsup: & :lol:

I did that ride back in the early 90's and that's was a long haul between Baraga and Big Bay on a 650 Wild Cat back then. Coming back that night we crossed L'Anse bay to get back to Baraga, that was a very eerie feeling crossing that bay at night.

If I remember right that's where we learn the story about Henry Ford and the logging in the area for the woody cars of the time and how he perfected what we know now as charcoal, he wasn't the true inventor but he perfected the invention. 

Edited by Badger**

I had to chuckle ... mostly out of frustration ... my first day back and I see my Snowcheck finally arrived and was listed on my dealer's website.  Go figure!! LOL 

Regarding the trip, we had a "small world" moment when we got up by Calumet and ran into two guys from our hometown.  We thought they were staying in the area for the week, and found out ... nope, they rode from Zumbro Falls (about 20 minutes north of Rochester, MN) and across Lake Pepin by our hometown & up to Lake Namakagon a day earlier (I think that was 250+ miles).  Then that day, they left Namakagon for Copper Harbor & were taking a break in Calumet when we met them.  We ended up meeting them again at the Mariner, where we all stayed, and saw them heading out bright and early Tuesday morning, headed back to the Cable area.  Those boys were really taking advantage of the good conditions & getting some miles in!!

• Like 2

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

also glad your sled arrived and didn't start on fire because after all, this is the GF and because Polaris.  

:thumbsup: & :lol:

Yup Cats never catch fire. Fucking idiot. 

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I had to chuckle ... mostly out of frustration ... my first day back and I see my Snowcheck finally arrived and was listed on my dealer's website.  Go figure!! LOL 

Regarding the trip, we had a "small world" moment when we got up by Calumet and ran into two guys from our hometown.  We thought they were staying in the area for the week, and found out ... nope, they rode from Zumbro Falls (about 20 minutes north of Rochester, MN) and across Lake Pepin by our hometown & up to Lake Namakagon a day earlier (I think that was 250+ miles).  Then that day, they left Namakagon for Copper Harbor & were taking a break in Calumet when we met them.  We ended up meeting them again at the Mariner, where we all stayed, and saw them heading out bright and early Tuesday morning, headed back to the Cable area.  Those boys were really taking advantage of the good conditions & getting some miles in!!

That's a lot of miles!

It's amazing how small the world can get.  When I was out in Wyoming, Dave McClure took us to Brooks Lodge.  As we're sitting in the bar, he and Riley Kincaid got recognized and before we knew it those two had a stream of young ladies stopping by to have their picture taken.  One of those fans was from the Chatfield, MN area, darn close to my original stomping grounds (other side of Rochester, but still close by, considering where we were at the time). 

• Like 2