Check your account email address ×

Eagle Rio... W/C's

they are in ice preservation mode at the track due to the temps and vintage races last weekend

should be interesting seeing the new F3 class which are based off XC or SX sleds rather than the traditional $100K champ sleds

https://snowgoer.com/news/eagle-river-preview-the-amazing-fiii-field/31251/?fbclid=IwAR2xJVLbrJ7mLbuejLfzMCib144H4p8H5WpucchFbC4QWrGBaHuUpzvDu94

Herf's F3 whip is pretty cool looking, and if he would win he'd be the first person since Stan Hayes to win the I-500, Soo I-500 and E/R W/C's
325786601_1374904239714965_6004869578025

maybe I should go on Sunday since it's an hour-30 away...  :dunno:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they are in ice preservation mode at the track due to the temps and vintage races last weekend

should be interesting seeing the new F3 class which are based off XC or SX sleds rather than the traditional $100K champ sleds

https://snowgoer.com/news/eagle-river-preview-the-amazing-fiii-field/31251/?fbclid=IwAR2xJVLbrJ7mLbuejLfzMCib144H4p8H5WpucchFbC4QWrGBaHuUpzvDu94

Herf's F3 whip is pretty cool looking, and if he would win he'd be the first person since Stan Hayes to win the I-500, Soo I-500 and E/R W/C's

Shouldn't take much of an excuse to spend a day drinking beer, and sniffing race gas

• Like 4

2 hours ago, krom said:

Shouldn't take much of an excuse to spend a day drinking beer, and sniffing race gas

it's a possibility 

56 minutes ago, Premium said:

Sounds like it will be broadcast on floracing too!

another forum member texted me this morning he's watching it from the comfort of his lazy boy in his underwear.... because they discourage that type of behavior at the track 

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's a possibility 

another forum member texted me this morning he's watching it from the comfort of his lazy boy in his underwear.... because they discourage that type of behavior at the track 

He is busy sanding track lugs to get maximum stud penetration. I am tempted to go to eagle river as this could be a historic run if Zach does win. He will be the second rider to win the trifecta. I500, soo500 and eagle river 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

He is busy sanding track lugs to get maximum stud penetration. I am tempted to go to eagle river as this could be a historic run if Zach does win. He will be the second rider to win the trifecta. I500, soo500 and eagle river 

C'mon over Saturday and lend a hang on the ass dragger and we'll go up Sunday morning.

Or... we got 6" of snow, maybe there'll be some local trails opening? :dunno:

On 1/18/2023 at 7:11 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

I call BS on the bold. 

19 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I call BS on the bold. 

go ahead, I know people that raced them. 

how much do you think they have invested in Herf's sled? 

time cost $ 

those mechanics don't work for free 

https://snowgoer.com/news/behind-the-rules-overhaul-that-will-the-world-championship-oval-class/27234/#:~:text=“We are working for the,snocross version of a snowmobile.

$40k just in parts and materials... 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

go ahead, I know people that raced them. 

how much do you think they have invested in Herf's sled? 

time cost $ 

those mechanics don't work for free 

https://snowgoer.com/news/behind-the-rules-overhaul-that-will-the-world-championship-oval-class/27234/#:~:text=“We are working for the,snocross version of a snowmobile.

$40k just in parts and materials... 

That semi they sent to support Zach is probably 1/2 million. He could have easily walked to the track as he is from eagle river 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I saw a picture of a stock rxc catalyst at the track. Not sure if it is going to be raced 

Saw that as well...apparently associated with Cat engineer Ben Langaas, maybe a test mule?

That was a wild 2 lap restart on that last semi.  Herfindahl got passed at the last moment finishing P4 (top 3 go on).  The Cats of Herfindahl and Langaas seem completely outmatched on the straights unfortunately. Thought Herf had it but got passed like he was standing still on the straights. Certainly not lack of skill.

Herf has another shot in the LCQ but they're gonna have to find more speed.

Edited by Premium
  • Like 1

fell asleep on the couch last night just before the F3's  :lol:

just got home from wrenchin' and ridin'...

F3 qualifier 1 - Langas 6th out of 6 / qualifier 2 - Herfindahl 4th out of 6 /  qualifier 3 - waiting

don't ask me who won the first two quali's, cuz idk :lmao:

update... https://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Race/127661

the ice oval racers that do this regularly have better lines around the track (lot of them also race oval cars) and... the Doo's and Poo's are just plain faster on the straights.  Herf was 3rd on the hole shot and they all caught and passed him... then crash, restart... Herf hole shot to 2nd, then they again got him on the straights and better lines in the turns.  I'm proud of these guys either way but the Cat is lacking in straight line speed.

even lowered to the ground for ice oval racing... the Ski Doo's still keep tipping over.  :dunno:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

6 minutes ago, Premium said:

That was a wild 2 lap restart on that last semi.  Herfindahl got passed at the last moment finishing P4 (top 3 go on).  The Cats of Herfindahl and Langaas seem completely outmatched on the straights unfortunately. Thought Herf had it but got passed like he was standing still on the straights. Certainly not lack of skill.

Herf has another shot in the LCQ but they're gonna have to find more speed.

LOL... looks like two of us are watching.

BRP and Poo have more power... and the oval racers have faster lines.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Premium said:

My thought was that they know they're down on speed, so they are trying to make the oval as small as possible and staying out of trouble. Just a guess though.

i'd agree with that

throw in some high speed bumps and herf would demolish them  :)

• Like 1