Check your account email address ×

American Media

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The great thing about podcast news is everyone can get exactly what they want to hear about a story in a way that fits exactly into their political mindset and view of the world. 

The last ten years have certainly seen a rise in tribe mentality amongst news consumers. But I would make the case for the likes of Joe Rogan as he identifies with one camp but is unwilling to ignore the facts in a story to fit a narrative.  I think it is one of the reasons he has done so well. 

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The great thing about podcast news is everyone can get exactly what they want to hear about a story in a way that fits exactly into their political mindset and view of the world. 

That’s literally the MSM

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The last ten years have certainly seen a rise in tribe mentality amongst news consumers. But I would make the case for the likes of Joe Rogan as he identifies with one camp but is unwilling to ignore the facts in a story to fit a narrative.  I think it is one of the reasons he has done so well. 

I disagree. Joe’s popularity is the diverse topics he covers and normal kind of conversation approach he takes. 

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Lex fridman too. He has guests that believe all kinds of things. He questions them but it’s not gotcha combative journalism like don lemon or how piers Morgan can be, misconstruing the others points just to “win” 

like for example he had Richard Wolfe on to express his opinions and he’s an absolute lunatic communist. Then he had Michael malice on to talk about anarchy. Then Michael malice again to debate anarchy vs modern capitalism. Great conversations 

The Tucker Carlson vs Rachel Maddow is a good comparison.  Both are firmly in one camp and certainly pick their stories to fit an agenda. Maddow basically ran Trump, Trump, Trump and Russia, Russia, Russia stories every night for a few years to spoon feed a false narrative.  Her worst Offense for me was her out right lie about the vaccine stopping the spread of Covid.  She had no facts to back that up and her viewers were unlikely to fact check her which put people in harms way. 

8 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The Tucker Carlson vs Rachel Maddow is a good comparison.  Both are firmly in one camp and certainly pick their stories to fit an agenda. Maddow basically ran Trump, Trump, Trump and Russia, Russia, Russia stories every night for a few years to spoon feed a false narrative.  Her worst Offense for me was her out right lie about the vaccine stopping the spread of Covid.  She had no facts to back that up and her viewers were unlikely to fact check her which put people in harms way. 

……and tucker? A mastermind of honesty? :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, ACE said:

Tucker is really popular for some reason and so is Fox News 

Tucker is for the weak minded. Same goes for Hannity. Ingram isn't to far behind.

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Trumps very own words.

"The ones that get very sick and go to the hospital are the ones that don't take their vaccine. But it's still their choice, and if you take the vaccine, you are protected," he said.

"I came up with a vaccine, with three vaccines. All are very, very good. Came up with three of them in less than nine months," he said

19 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Trumps very own words.

"The ones that get very sick and go to the hospital are the ones that don't take their vaccine. But it's still their choice, and if you take the vaccine, you are protected," he said.

"I came up with a vaccine, with three vaccines. All are very, very good. Came up with three of them in less than nine months," he said

Yes but at that point the vaccines were being put forth as away to avoid hospitalization or death not as a means of stopping the spread.  Again what source did Maddow use to say that the vaccines stopped transmission? certainly not the CDC.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Yes but at that point the vaccines were being put forth as away to avoid hospitalization or death not as a means of stopping the spread.  Again what source did Maddow use to say that the vaccines stopped transmission? certainly not the CDC.

Probably a phone call from Pfizer saying “we want you to push this message”

11 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Same source as Trump you'd think.

13 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

:lol: 

7 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

In the quotes you gave as an example where does Trump state the vaccine stops transmission?

Hes been very careful not to say that. On the other hand he basically has.