Check your account email address ×

Family Plan Health Insurance

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Thats great for you. I had to change my Doctor and my Dentist 

Its all bullshit , American Healthcare fucking sucks and isnt affordable,  period. 

Now you’re getting to the core of the issue. I got the breakdown of costs on my recent meniscus surgery. I don’t even know who some of the people are on that breakdown and what they exactly did. Insurance companies are simply passing the cost on to the consumer. They are bound to legal profit margins. Healthcare providers aren’t. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Now you’re getting to the core of the issue. I got the breakdown of costs on my recent meniscus surgery. I don’t even know who some of the people are on that breakdown and what they exactly did. Insurance companies are simply passing the cost on to the consumer. They are bound to legal profit margins. Healthcare providers aren’t. 

I am aware ...when my Son had emergency surgery the bills were outrageous. Had to come out of pocket $60k  ...Guess thats better than losing the house with $300k in medical bills :suicide:

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Apparently you missed the $$ I quoted was 6 years ago. Cost increases averaged 6-10% per year. 

Obviously it’s hard to compare pricing when I know nothing on this policy you talk about other than the claimed cost you say but I can guaran fucking tee prices have not gone down. That same exact policy that I showed I had got a quote for the year prior like I do every year and it was 1500-1600 range. I’m sure I can find that quote and prove this if I felt like going through all my papers but I’m pretty sure in the back of your head you know what you’re claiming is bull shit. The only way anyone’s price went down is if they are lucky enough to get a subsidy from Obamacare or their employer pays for more of it.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

It lowered them. The last negotiation I did for healthcare before I retired it was around 24 K for a family plan 6 years ago. I know for a fact it’s less than that today

49 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Apparently you missed the $$ I quoted was 6 years ago. Cost increases averaged 6-10% per year. 

Which is it less now or more...Can't have it both ways.  Lets split the difference and put it at 8%/year increase, after 6 increases you would be paying 60% more.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

yep, they can make 20% . The only way to increase the 20% is to increase the 80 they pay out. So they dont care what they pay out.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

12 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Some of it is fraud, but most of it is just plain incompetent people.  When my daughter went in for surgery, my wife tore that bill to shreds.  It wasn’t even coming out of our pocket. She knows the codes and procedures, done the job.  
 Had to literally fight with the office and the insurance company.  
“You’re committing insurance fraud “!!!!
You’re paying insurance fraud “!!!!

Fucking idiots don’t even know their job. 

12 hours ago, EvilBird said:

I am aware ...when my Son had emergency surgery the bills were outrageous. Had to come out of pocket $60k  ...Guess thats better than losing the house with $300k in medical bills :suicide:

I couldn’t do what I do without my wife's insurance.  I have friends my age still skating by with no insurance. Smh.  You guys are a time bomb.  Going to end up losing everything.  

• Like 1