Check your account email address ×

Faggot sled manufacturers

Faggot sled manufacturers   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s the most faggot sled maker ever?

• Skidoo
    • Arctic cat

1 minute ago, Voodoo said:

Junk motors is not a small issue.

The other guys have that too, in spades.

Yes I gave up on doo 2 strokes for the same reason. But they weren’t as bad as poo 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Polaris is pushing the envelope and advancing everything that snowmobiling means. Yamaha no longer makes sleds. 

Anything else? 

Getting pushed off the cliff you mean?

The Yamaha faithful will burn you as a heretic. 

A Yamacat is still a Yamaha to them.

Just now, ACE said:

Yes I gave up on doo 2 strokes for the same reason. But they weren’t as bad as poo 

Owned 3 doo 1000 sdi's.

Awesome motor, if you like speed and being towed.

Just now, ACE said:

Only really complaint with poo is the 20 years of junk engines. But they really do try to push the industry 

Yeah, they had a bad run trying to build anything over 700cc there for a long while.  It was the CFI.  AFJ and I had a riding buddy who put 14k miles on an '03 800 and never tore it down.

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

They had bad airbox and wiring issues 

In current terms, that was the rona vax for the 1000 sdi.

I did every upgrade the interwebs had to offer, airbox and wiring included,

It still got sick like a triple vaxxed schlub.

Edited by Voodoo

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

They were notorious for having gremlins. Too bad, it was an exciting sled for the time

It’s still quite the engine as far as what it did. Legit 175hp and got better gas mileage than most 600s. Smooth as butter too. 

Just now, Voodoo said:

On current terms, that was the rona vax for the 1000 sdi.

I did every upgrade the interwebs had to offer, airbox and wiring included,

It still got sick like a triple vaxxed schlub.

Was ahead of it’s time. Because now if you only get 2500-3000 miles on an engine guys are happy 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The current 850s are showing to be 10k mile engines for the most part. 

I sold my 2012 800 etec to a buddy of mine and he still rides it. Has over 10k on it and he really doesnt do maintenance on anything until it breaks. My 800 assault is approaching 7k now

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s still quite the engine as far as what it did. Legit 175hp and got better gas mileage than most 600s. Smooth as butter too. 

It was the first $10,000 sled and everybody freaked over the cost. Now you cant get a new 600 for under $10k LOL

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

Really? Hear of lots here in the 4000 ish range piling up 

One of the guys we ride with is a service manager at a large dealer network. He puts 3-5K miles on a demo every year and last year put 6200 miles on an 850. they are solid. In fact he hasnt had any engine problems on a polaris 800 or 850. 

Edited by Anler

1 minute ago, Anler said:

One of the guys we ride with is a service manager at a large dealer network. He puts 3-5K miles on a demo every year and last year put 6200 miles on an 850. they are solid. In fact he hasnt had any engine problems on a polaris 800 or 850. 

Sure could be there but not here. Mind you it’s usually snow douches on summits doing wheelies all day 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Sure could be there but not here. Mind you it’s usually snow douches on summits doing wheelies all day 

Most of the time its idiots who are fucking around with stuff they shouldnt be and then they have a problem and act like its a polaris problem. I see more idiot questions on the facebook groups and I just cringe thinking that these morons are riding the same trails as I am. 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Only 3 doo 850s in my group and all are over 6k miles without issue. One is my ex sled which I sold with 5400 miles. One has just over 9k miles. 

Just now, f7ben said:

Only 3 doo 850s in my group and all are over 6k miles without issue. One is my ex sled which I sold with 5400 miles. One has just over 9k miles. 

Buddy blew up two in the same sled within 4000 miles 

Just now, Anler said:

Most of the time its idiots who are fucking around with stuff they shouldnt be and then they have a problem and act like its a polaris problem. I see more idiot questions on the facebook groups and I just cringe thinking that these morons are riding the same trails as I am. 

That's the biggest issue I have with snowmobiling.  Other snowmobilers.  So many dumbfucks.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You guys get bad gas up there routinely or something?

Who knows. Nobody’s Big bore engines really seem to last. Could be the riders too. The snow douches ride the hell out of them and zero maintenance too. Polaris was the worst followed by doo then cat 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Who knows. Nobody’s Big bore engines really seem to last. Could be the riders too. The snow douches ride the hell out of them and zero maintenance too. Polaris was the worst followed by doo then cat 

Riding with Cat guys I have visited most every cat dealer in Northern Wisconsin and the UP for parts or repairs LOL