Check your account email address ×

FUCK YAH.....BRING ON THE HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!11

I don't know if anybody was wholly blaming the tending, but Dubnyk, along with the rest of the team, has been slack the last 15 games.  The whole team has fallen apart over the last 4-5 weeks with an inability to score and defend with our netminders letting in 3-5 goals per game.  When you head into the playoffs with poor habits, well.....there's always golf next week to look forward to.

7 hours ago, sledderj said:

The Wild score two goals in two games and it's the goalies fault they lost? :lol:  

Dubnyk let in a garbage goal that ended up being the difference .....plain and simple. No screen , no tip .....just didnt look it into his glove and it hit the twine. It was a costly goal.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Dubnyk let in a garbage goal that ended up being the difference .....plain and simple. No screen , no tip .....just didnt look it into his glove and it hit the twine. It was a costly goal.

The first goal was a tipped knuckleball.  On the second goal, he was screened.   He didn't even move on the shot because he didn't see it. :dunno:  Both D took the shooter.  One should have picked up Perron and cleared him out of the shooting lane so Dubnyk could have at least seen the shot.  It was a perfect top corner shot from the top of the circle.  Even if he seen it, that's not an easy save.  

1 minute ago, sledderj said:

The first goal was a tipped knuckleball.  On the second goal, he was screened.   He didn't even move on the shot because he didn't see it. :dunno:  Both D took the shooter.  One should have picked up Perron and cleared him out of the shooting lane so Dubnyk could have at least seen the shot.  It was a perfect top corner shot from the top of the circle.  Even if he seen it, that's not an easy save.  

The first shot was not tipped at all and there was no screen. It was not a diving knuckle puck either. I watched it 50 times. He expected it to rise and it did not. It was a pathetic attempt at a save. The second goal obviously was not his fault.

The issue with letting the first goal of the game in like that is now the team is deflated and chasing again. If he makes that save which any goalie should it could have been a totally different game.

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the better angle is from behind the goal.....he has a clear look at it and it comes in flat

They catch it good in this clip at about the 1 minute mark.  It was tipped by the Wild forward.  No doubt in my mind that he would have made that save if the shot made it through clean. :bc:  

https://www.nhl.com/wild/video/late-goal-sinks-wild-in-game-2/t-277443718/c-51451503

2 hours ago, sledderj said:

They catch it good in this clip at about the 1 minute mark.  It was tipped by the Wild forward.  No doubt in my mind that he would have made that save if the shot made it through clean. :bc:  

https://www.nhl.com/wild/video/late-goal-sinks-wild-in-game-2/t-277443718/c-51451503

Even if it did slightly catch the stick ....he had 60' of clear space to make the very slight adjustment needed .....it was a lazy attempt at a save and I've seen him get beat on the glove side like that several times. It was a softy and it cost his team huge

3 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Have to agree with Sandnigger eagle beak. Goaltending wins Stanley Cups.

It's important, but scoring 1 goal per game like the Wild have been scoring would require your goalie to put up a shut out every time. :lol: 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Even if it did slightly catch the stick ....he had 60' of clear space to make the very slight adjustment needed .....it was a lazy attempt at a save and I've seen him get beat on the glove side like that several times. It was a softy and it cost his team huge

I dunno, one timer, tip and fluttering puck is not really soft in my books.  Not an impossible save to make, but far from something that you could pin the loss on him for.  

Edited by sledderj

5 minutes ago, sledderj said:

It's important, but scoring 1 goal per game like the Wild have would require your goalie to put up a shut out every time. :lol: 

I dunno, one timer, tip and fluttering puck is not really soft in my books.  Not an impossible save to make, but far from something that you could pin the loss on him for.  

Look , Jake Allen has a save % of 1  .......Dubnyk has a save % of 2  .......the wild outplayed the blues badly the first game andstill outplayed them the second game. Their goalie is getting it done and ours while not bad is not playing as well as the guy across the ice. Its that simple. I dont think the Wild team can play any better for the most part. That goal that Dubs let in took the air out of the arena and the team. Its just cant happen

Edited by f7ben

26 minutes ago, sledderj said:

It's important, but scoring 1 goal per game like the Wild have been scoring would require your goalie to put up a shut out every time. :lol: 

Goaltending is the most important part 

What's important here is, the Wild aren't gonna give the Hawks the satisfaction of. Opting us out on our asses again.  So....that'll show them not to mess with us!

:lol:

The Wild fell apart COMPLETELY on the final stretch into the playoffs. What is happening isnt isnt really a surprise.  I called them to be a "4 and out" then came back and gave them the credit to win one.  Any team that limps in after a month of poor habitual play is destined to be nothing but a warm up squad in the first round.

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

What's important here is, the Wild aren't gonna give the Hawks the satisfaction of. Opting us out on our asses again.  So....that'll show them not to mess with us!

:lol:

The Wild fell apart COMPLETELY on the final stretch into the playoffs. What is happening isnt isnt really a surprise.  I called them to be a "4 and out" then came back and gave them the credit to win one.  Any team that limps in after a month of poor habitual play is destined to be nothing but a warm up squad in the first round.

I'm not sure whats wrong with this group .....the one constant has been el capitan .......he plays his ass off but no emotion at all. I'd we are pretty fucked with the two big contracts we have dragging us down

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I'm not sure whats wrong with this group .....the one constant has been el capitan .......he plays his ass off but no emotion at all. I'd we are pretty fucked with the two big contracts we have dragging us down

Beats me too.  I thought we were unstoppable until the end when the wheels fell off.  It's just getting old year after year for a hockey crazy state to have a team that can't hold it together for a full season.  

Just now, Zambroski said:

Beats me too.  I thought we were unstoppable until the end when the wheels fell off.  It's just getting old year after year for a hockey crazy state to have a team that can't hold it together for a full season.  

fucking old ....I'd rather watch Darby Hendrickson and Wes Walz give it their all and fail than this bunch of overpaid cake eating cunts roll over year after year

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

fucking old ....I'd rather watch Darby Hendrickson and Wes Walz give it their all and fail than this bunch of overpaid cake eating cunts roll over year after year

Yeah....definitely some diva-madness happening in that locker room.  I just don't think they have ever been a real cohesive team.  A lot of that falls on the coaches but old internal rivalries are hard to squash.  I'll be curious to see what changes get made over the summer.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah....definitely some diva-madness happening in that locker room.  I just don't think they have ever been a real cohesive team.  A lot of that falls on the coaches but old internal rivalries are hard to squash.  I'll be curious to see what changes get made over the summer.

when our gm hands out no trades like halloween candy its tough to make core changes