Check your account email address ×

Traeger grills

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

He's right, all high end steak houses cook their steaks in a broiler. Grilling is high heat and the best way to do that is with gas. Smoking and bbq is lower heat and that's when you really taste the difference. I'll put a steak cooked on my Weber against one of your faggot pellet cooked steaks any day... :news:

Reverse seared ribeye for the win though......... :news:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doos said:

Everyone has owned multiple gas grills. Up until a few years ago I didn't know any better either.

I have a smoker, and still use charcoal as well. I also cook on propane. Has nothing to do with knowing any better.  Stop trying to act like you're all high and mighty like Scooter thinks he is in TBP. Like he's the only one who knows how to smoke and grill :lol:  

Like I told yard gnome, and the same applies to you.

Most of the "steak houses" you go to, or have been to, are cooking with natural gas.  Now what? :snack:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I have a smoker, and still use charcoal as well. I also cook in propane. Has nothing to do with knowing any better.  Stop trying to act like you're all high and mighty like Scooter thinks he is in TBP. Like he's the only one who knows how to smoke and grill :lol:  

Most of the "steak houses" you go to, or have been to, are cooking with natural gas.  Now what? :snack:

Maybe I'll have you over for steak some time, I'll never hear another word out of you about cooking steak. 

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

He's right, all high end steak houses cook their steaks in a broiler. Grilling is high heat and the best way to do that is with gas. Smoking and bbq is lower heat and that's when you really taste the difference. I'll put a steak cooked on my Weber against one of your faggot pellet cooked steaks any day... :news:

That wasnt what i was talking about....it was the know how to grill comment. :lol:

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I have a smoker, and still use charcoal as well. I also cook on propane. Has nothing to do with knowing any better.  Stop trying to act like you're all high and mighty like Scooter thinks he is in TBP. Like he's the only one who knows how to smoke and grill :lol:  

I still prefer reverse seared on charcoal, but everyone has their favorites :bc:

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

Most people's problem is they buy shit meat and try to cook it to fast 

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I still prefer reverse seared on charcoal, but everyone has their favorites :bc:

I never said cooking with propane is my favorite 

5 minutes ago, Doos said:

I'm happy to spend an hour plus cooking a steak, it's worth it.

Holy...you like yours well done?

I like mine medium rare...closer to rare though.

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

Holy...you like yours well done?

I like mine medium rare...closer to rare though.

No, I smoke them at 250 until they reach 115. Then sear them on cast iron at 600-700 degrees. I have them cut to 2" thick as well.

IMG_0856.JPG

Edited by Doos
  • Like 3

Just now, Doos said:

No, I smoke them at 250 until they reach 115. Then sear them on cast iron at 600-700 degrees. I have the, cut to 2" thick as well.

IMG_0856.JPG

:bc:

Are those round things brussel sprouts?

Just now, Dave said:

Hey i love vegetables...but brussel sprouts make me gag for some reason. :lol:

AMG makes the best brussel sprouts, you just don't know what's good for you.