Check your account email address ×

Freedom Factory

hayward

A lot of you guys, i'm assuming most of us here, enjoy auto racing, whether it be drag racing or circle track of some sort, whatever.   I was unaware of this but it's something that, like the video says, is happening all over the country and it's sad to see go by the way side just due to the fact of urban sprawl.  Two tracks were in jeopardy here in the east this fall.  One was saved due to county commisioners denying the new potential use, but the other is lost forever to wharehousing.  Sucks.

• Like 1

There are several tracks in Minnesota that I'm surprised haven't closed by now.  The last one I remember closing was I-94 in Sauk, which was a great track.

I'm waiting for Granite City to get the ax.  The Shitty Council or Board or whatnot for that track hates the place with a passion, but one of the bigger business owners in the area owns the track.

Are they trying to rezone the track too?

The problem is the homeowners.

It's like buying a house beside a snowmobile trail...then complaining about the snowmobiles.

6 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Are they trying to rezone the track too?

The problem is the homeowners.

It's like buying a house beside a snowmobile trail...then complaining about the snowmobiles.

No I think they're worried about reality in that after the houses are there, then the homeowners will surely go to the township and try to put a stop to the racetrack, and surely they'll win out, not the track.  It's a shame something like the track that's been there 50 years isn't grandfathered in, but that's never the case in a situation like this.  The residents will live there a short while and probably decide the track along with it's noise will go.  He's right no 25ft. wall is going to do shit for the noise.  Whoever came up with that idea from the developer's side is full of shit and just trying to show that they made the attempt, "but the track is just too damn loud!" (literally what they'll come back with down the road.).

I don't follow Cletus too much but the little bit I have shows to be a stand up kinda guy.  :dunno:

• Gold Member

Sucks he lost that battle but I didn’t think he’d win to much money involved with the development. I hear stories of near by residents bitching about loud noise at New England dragway trying to get it shut down and that’s been there forever 50+ yrs too. I say don't buy a house next to a Motorsports park if you don’t wanna hear noise.

• Like 1

Garrett and the owner of Bradenton (can’t think of his name at the moment) know their gooses are cooked. If I were them, I’d do whatever it takes to get as much money out of those properties over the next 5ish years because in 10, they’ll both be shut down, unless something changes and I doubt that it will. 

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Garrett and the owner of Bradenton (can’t think of his name at the moment) know their gooses are cooked. If I were them, I’d do whatever it takes to get as much money out of those properties over the next 5ish years because in 10, they’ll both be shut down, unless something changes and I doubt that it will. 

No no they said they’re gonna make sure it’s there for all of our lives and then some and politicians never lie never 

28 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

No no they said they’re gonna make sure it’s there for all of our lives and then some and politicians never lie never 

Like I said, 5 years tops. He knows his business model is going to have to change as the years go on anyway. He’s fairly well diversified so he should be fine. 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Like I said, 5 years tops. He knows his business model is going to have to change as the years go on anyway. He’s fairly well diversified so he should be fine. 

Ya that burnout pit will be first to go can’t see the residential neighbors to happy with thick clouds of tire smoke over their houses 😂 

Edited by 800renegaderider

4 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Sucks he lost that battle but I didn’t think he’d win to much money involved with the development. I hear stories of near by residents bitching about loud noise at New England dragway trying to get it shut down and that’s been there forever 50+ yrs too. I say don't buy a house next to a Motorsports park if you don’t wanna hear noise.

At my home track, they were in the country, or close to it, when my old man was racing. 

They put a development in off the backstretch maybe 10-15 years ago. 

The track put in a tree barrier for the sound. 

The homeowners were ripping the trees down, not on their property, and complaining.  

One of the board members sat off the back side of the track with a video camera one night videotaping the homeowners sitting on their roofs watching the races.  He did this for several weeks in a row.

The next Shitty council meeting the homeowners were complaining about the track, he whipped out his videos and photos of those same people watching the races for exactly $0.

Now the fairboard is eyeing up the track as expansion for other stuff.  Their 10 year plan doesn't include the track, even they do not own the track or grandstand.  

30 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

At my home track, they were in the country, or close to it, when my old man was racing. 

The homeowners were ripping the trees down, not on their property, and complaining.  

One of the board members sat off the back side of the track with a video camera one night videotaping the homeowners sitting on their roofs watching the races.  He did this for several weeks in a row.

The next Shitty council meeting the homeowners were complaining about the track, he whipped out his videos and photos of those same people watching the races for exactly $0.

Now the fairboard is eyeing up the track as expansion for other stuff.  Their 10 year plan doesn't include the track, even they do not own the track or grandstand.  

Yeah I never realized it but that's the way it is out here on quite a few of racetracks that sit on or up against fair grounds.  I just always assumed it was owned by them but come to find out that's not the case.  

They ran races for the first time in I don't know how long this year at Bloomsburg fairgrounds, and I guess it'll be the last.  The community had a major fit from the noise and the dust.  Lot different people living their now than what did years back.

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

They don’t want it there but hell we’ll watch it for free though sounds about right. 10yrs they won’t have to worry about noise anyways we will be all electric by then supposedly.