Check your account email address ×

what riding discipline contributed the most to advancing the sport

Trail riding in Canada is sorta hairy. Little traffic, no cell service and if you screw up, most times you’re going to be walking out because you’ll be out of gas before the next town. 

There is something to be said for riding a trail with fresh snow over the top of an 4-5 day old groom and there hasn’t been a sled down it. 

Totally legal off trail for days up there too but yeah, the rocks are worse than stumps. 

3 hours ago, krom said:

Can't believe this is even a discussion.

in the last 30 years the only reason anyone outside of the sport knows it exists is snowcross.

Without it, all sleds would still be ass draggers, have narrow running boards with rolled edges, and 80's style bars/bar pads.

Blair Morgan standing up on his ZR is the reason for wide running boards, hooked handle bars, and the REV.

I don't agree.  I don't know anyone outside the sport that knows anything about snox or that it even exists.  And I don't know anyone that is a snowmobiler that can even name one snox racer, including myself.

3 hours ago, krom said:

Here 99% of trails are on private property, The tree huggers who haven't ever set foot in on any of the land work hard to keep sleds off of state land.  They have sued the DEC and won in court to prevent trails from being built, and even closed trails.  They, or the far away court that decides the matter doesn't give a shit about the locals, or economy.  

You're insane if you don't think it can happen there.

Property owners are getting sick of loud exhaust, and off trail excursions.  This is made worse by all the jersy/nyc assholes who have been buying up property and posting it for no reason.

If someone who only has a hundred yards of trail on their property gets pissed, it can close a main corridor for the season, if not forever.  Re-routing a trail is an enormous task, land owners have no incentive at all to open up their property, and you can be sure that the neighbor who just closed his down, is chewing their ear off about how they would be stupid to allow sleds.

I guess I'm insane then.  Culture here is different, very snowmobile oriented.  Won't happen here.

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Totally legal off trail for days up there too but yeah, the rocks are worse than stumps. 

My boys used to hit the Wawa area but it's cheaper to drive out west once all the a-arms are replaced and shocks rebuilt. 6 sleds would trailer there, 6 parts machines return :lol:

1 hour ago, HSR said:

So many things my post would be longer than yours. Surprised you aren't aware of all the differences. Same coat same person to you I guess.

When the 2010 Rush came out for the trails they already had mountain specific sleds.

How many trail sleds run belt drive? Why do only mountain sleds have a recall on the brake system? Why are different drive belts used on some axys/matryx sleds of the same displacement from trail to mountain? These should all be easy for you to answer.

Your actually listing the innovations that mountain sleds have brought to the market. What innovations have trail sleds or sno-x brought to the market in the past 5-10 years? 

Trail sleds just keep getting heavier while mountain sleds keep get lighter. Modern ergonomics are now driven by mountain sleds, not trail or sno-x sleds. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating for mountain sleds, I’m actually sad to see the design emphasis going away from trail sleds. But real innovation is occurring on the mountain sled side of things, not trail sleds. Hell, look at track lengths. Now 128/129 is considered a short track with many people going with 136/137 or 144/146 for their new trail sled. Who’d have ever thought sno-x sleds would not be running 136 which was the common long track mountain sled length at the end of the 90’s, early 2000’s. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Your actually listing the innovations that mountain sleds have brought to the market. What innovations have trail sleds or sno-x brought to the market in the past 5-10 years? 

Trail sleds just keep getting heavier while mountain sleds keep get lighter. Modern ergonomics are now driven by mountain sleds, not trail or sno-x sleds. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating for mountain sleds, I’m actually sad to see the design emphasis going away from trail sleds. But real innovation is occurring on the mountain sled side of things, not trail sleds. Hell, look at track lengths. Now 128/129 is considered a short track with many people going with 136/137 or 144/146 for their new trail sled. Who’d have ever thought sno-x sleds would not be running 136 which was the common long track mountain sled length at the end of the 90’s, early 2000’s. 

How do you know so much about trail sleds living in Alaska?

Oh yeah.. internet expert.  Nevermind 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

How do you know so much about trail sleds living in Alaska?

Oh yeah.. internet expert.  Nevermind 

You just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are an angry, bitter man that can’t get over being called out on their bull shit. 

What did I post that was inaccurate? Do you honestly believe there are people in the world that have nothing better to do than to research topics so they can post on forums? 

You are a fucking moron who can’t debate or argue their points nor back them up. Instead you immediately resort to personal attacks, name calling, and belittling. This thread is actually interesting. Go somewhere else and don’t ruin it.

26 minutes ago, HSR said:

My boys used to hit the Wawa area but it's cheaper to drive out west once all the a-arms are replaced and shocks rebuilt. 6 sleds would trailer there, 6 parts machines return :lol:

Yeah. We only had one Cat lose a chain up there but man, it’s hairy AF playing around up there. 

Gym doesn't know much about the history of snowmobiling.  Gym would like to thank whoever is responsible for making doing wheelies and spraying roost possible.  Gym should have his 9R soon.  Gym's dealer is waiting for the brake component.  Gym doesn't really need brakes but his dealer said he can't let it out the doors without them.  Gym got a little salty the other day calling Polaris on the Norman County taxpayer's nickel.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym doesn't know much about the history of snowmobiling.  Gym would like to thank whoever is responsible for making doing wheelies and spraying roost possible.  Gym should have his 9R soon.  Gym's dealer is waiting for the brake component.  Gym doesn't really need brakes but his dealer said he can't let it out the doors without them.  Gym got a little salty the other day calling Polaris on the Norman County taxpayer's nickel.

Gym makes the most boring and repetitive posts on this site. Gym thinks referring to himself in the third person never stops being funny. Gym likes to make mock some user who doesn’t even visit this site anymore. Gym should come up with something new to post about. 

• Confused 1

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, AK440 said:

Gym makes the most boring and repetitive posts on this site. Gym thinks referring to himself in the third person never stops being funny. Gym likes to make mock some user who doesn’t even visit this site anymore. Gym should come up with something new to post about. 

You've been posting about the iRoN dAwG and crying about the Rush for over a decade online. 

Maybe its you that needs new material :news:

15 hours ago, mnstang said:

I don't agree.  I don't know anyone outside the sport that knows anything about snox or that it even exists.  And I don't know anyone that is a snowmobiler that can even name one snox racer, including myself.

I guess I'm insane then.  Culture here is different, very snowmobile oriented.  Won't happen here.

You absolutely are insane, "wont happen here" is the excuse used by countless morons over the centuries.  You think that the average Canadian 20 years ago would believe that most guns including some bolt action hunting rifles would be banned???
The rules for state lands, parks, etc aren't made in small towns, by the people who live there, they are made in the major cities, by groups with huge budgets, lawyers, and lobbyists on staff

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EvilBird said:

You've been posting about the iRoN dAwG and crying about the Rush for over a decade online. 

Maybe its you that needs new material :news:

Shitbird, 
My master plan worked and I got Polaris to drop that abortion of a sled you own. Now you have an obsolete sled that no one wants. 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
48 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Shitbird, 
My master plan worked and I got Polaris to drop that abortion of a sled you own. Now you have an obsolete sled that no one wants. 

I could get my money back on my sled right now bub. No question. 

B62F8516-1023-449E-94ED-A92C2AA18D2C.jpeg

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I’ve actually toyed with the idea of selling my 600 and buying an 800. At todays prices, I could do it for cheap. I didn’t pay shit for the 600 and could actually make a good chunk of profit on it right now. 

Ive been seeing some good deals lately . Seems people may finally be getting realistic again. 

3 hours ago, EvilBird said:

I could get my money back on my sled right now bub. No question. 

First you post this :lies:

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Ive been seeing some good deals lately . Seems people may finally be getting realistic again. 

Bwahahaha! :lmao::lol:  Then you post this. What a total fucking hypocrite moron. :owned:

• Gold Member
38 minutes ago, AK440 said:

First you post this :lies:

Bwahahaha! :lmao::lol:  Then you post this. What a total fucking hypocrite moron. :owned:

Dude I paid $7k for my Sled 2 years ago. 

Look up what a 3000 mile Pro S goes for in New England that is showroom mint . 

And ive put almost 2k miles on it . Im way ahead. :pc:

11 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Dude I paid $7k for my Sled 2 years ago. 

Look up what a 3000 mile Pro S goes for in New England that is showroom mint . 

And ive put almost 2k miles on it . Im way ahead. :pc:

Make sure you put in your ad, “For sale, not on sale” “I know what I got” and make sure to let buyers know you are using your own warped definition of “mint”. Cause any sled with 2000-3000 miles definitely isn’t fucking MINT. 

Shame you are going to part with your sweet rack though. It really tied your whole sled together. :roflcrying:

You can certainly have a mint 2,000-3,000 mile sled.  Maybe not in Alaska where the trails are driving through brush and mud holes but in the mainland where there are real trails that mileage could be put on in one season and not have a single imperfection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Make sure you put in your ad, “For sale, not on sale” “I know what I got” and make sure to let buyers know you are using your own warped definition of “mint”. Cause any sled with 2000-3000 miles definitely isn’t fucking MINT. 

Shame you are going to part with your sweet rack though. It really tied your whole sled together. :roflcrying:

My sled is mint bub SBYL. 

Im just a pussy trail cruiser remember? 

548AF8AB-4678-4FE9-9392-FC7C1204C76D.thumb.jpeg.9b7842e4983bcaeadd03ef3b5333cbfc.jpeg

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, mnstang said:

You can certainly have a mint 2,000-3,000 mile sled.  Maybe not in Alaska where the trails are driving through brush and mud holes but in the mainland where there are real trails that mileage could be put on in one season and not have a single imperfection.

Im so fussy I clean my motor :dunno:

B39869A6-3B42-48AB-978D-5D53BD8FE130.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Im so fussy I clean my motor :dunno:

B39869A6-3B42-48AB-978D-5D53BD8FE130.jpeg

Yeah I clean everything ony sleds.  I'd post a pic of any of the underhoods but Iooks like I'm out of pic upload limit lol no pics for me.

But, they're clean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

My sled is mint bub SBYL. 

Im just a pussy trail cruiser remember? 

548AF8AB-4678-4FE9-9392-FC7C1204C76D.thumb.jpeg.9b7842e4983bcaeadd03ef3b5333cbfc.jpeg

Oh yeah, mint, just need to rebuild the shocks, replace bearings, grease jack shaft and drive bearings, replace bushings, replace fuel filter, replace grips so they still look brand new and “minty”, remove gay stickers so it looks stock again, replace worn drive belt and change chaincase oil. How’s that seat? Still have that brand new, firm feel to the foam after only 3,000 “minty” miles? Does it have new carbides or are 3,000 mile ones still considered mint in your mind.

What a goddamn joke. Too bad I don’t live by you or I’d waste 45 minutes of your time pointing out everything wrong with your sled and how it is in no way, shape or form mint. Then I’d offer half of what your asking and walk away laughing.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Oh yeah, mint, just need to rebuild the shocks, replace bearings, grease jack shaft and drive bearings, replace bushings, replace fuel filter, replace grips so they still look brand new and “minty”, remove gay stickers so it looks stock again, replace worn drive belt and change chaincase oil. How’s that seat? Still have that brand new, firm feel to the foam after only 3,000 “minty” miles? Does it have new carbides or are 3,000 mile ones still considered mint in your mind.

What a goddamn joke. Too bad I don’t live by you or I’d waste 45 minutes of your time pointing out everything wrong with your sled and how it is in no way, shape or form mint. Then I’d offer half of what your asking and walk away laughing.

Carbides are brand new, belt is brand new , just pulled chaincase cover and adjusted chain, new hyfax, clutch rebuilt last season , its been greased everywhere  and goes in for the fag recall oMg fIrE eXpLoSiOn prob next week. :thumbsup:

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1