Check your account email address ×

Would you vote for this dude?

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Highmark said:

Sounds good but its easy to make campaign promises like that.

1. $4000 per tax payer is over $1.3 trillion.   Over how many years is this proposal because while we have room to massively decrease our military budget it currently is around $750 billion a year and one of the main spending items that is in the constitution.  I don't like when politicians stretch out their promises to make them look larger than the are.   

2.  Like the idea of free trade however it takes everyone to play on a fair playing field and other countries are unwilling.   Our policies must match what they impose on our goods.  We've taken the rotten end of the stick since WW2.  Even policies or fuck off. 

3.  Love the 1st two in getting out of wars and ending financial aid.     

How many folks do you figure pay taxes? Im thinking somewhere in the hood of 60 million

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

How many folks do you figure pay taxes? Im thinking somewhere in the hood of 60 million

Income or Federal including FICA?   About 43% of households pay any income tax and there are around 126 million "households."   So about 53 million pay income taxes.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I beleive it is less then that . Roughly 1 out of 3 Americans work.

:news:  Keep in mind one household could have multiple tax payers. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/242138/percentages-of-us-households-that-pay-no-income-tax-by-income-level/

Percentages of U.S. households that paid no income tax 2021, by income level

Published by Erin Duffin, Jun 21, 2022
 In total, about 42.9 percent of U.S. households paid income tax in 2021. The remaining 57.1 percent of households paid no individual income tax. In that same year, about 66.9 percent of U.S. households with an income between 40,000 and 50,000 U.S. dollars paid no individual income taxes.
Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Libertarian candidate for US senate representing NH 

Jeremy Kauffman

Generations of Republican and Democrat politicians have failed the people of America. Together they’ve given us:

Over $23 trillion in debt, trillion-dollar deficits, plus trillions more in unfunded liabilities

Non-Stop Involvement in expensive and deadly foreign war

Skyrocketing health care costs

The highest imprisonment rate in the world; even higher among racial minorities and the poor

A broken retirement system unable to pay promised benefits

Tariffs that are destroying markets for American farmers

An endless immigration crisis

Big government mandates and programs created these problems. To solve them, we need to make government smaller – much, much smaller.

Here is a brief overview of my bold, practical, Libertarian vision for America’s future:

Government Spending, Deficits, and Debt:

Neutrality and Peace

Health Care:

Environment:

Social Security:

Trade & Immigration:

Criminal Justice Reform:

Poverty:

Education:

Taxes:

Do these proposals make sense to you? Would you like to help make them part of the 2020 political debate? 

https://joj2020.com/issues-jo-jorgensen/

funny, that's who got my vote for 2020 @Cold War @racer254 rather than Trump or Biden.

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Generations of Republican and Democrat politicians have failed the people of America. Together they’ve given us:

Over $23 trillion in debt, trillion-dollar deficits, plus trillions more in unfunded liabilities

Non-Stop Involvement in expensive and deadly foreign war

Skyrocketing health care costs

The highest imprisonment rate in the world; even higher among racial minorities and the poor

A broken retirement system unable to pay promised benefits

Tariffs that are destroying markets for American farmers

An endless immigration crisis

Big government mandates and programs created these problems. To solve them, we need to make government smaller – much, much smaller.

Here is a brief overview of my bold, practical, Libertarian vision for America’s future:

Government Spending, Deficits, and Debt:

Neutrality and Peace

Health Care:

Environment:

Social Security:

Trade & Immigration:

Criminal Justice Reform:

Poverty:

Education:

Taxes:

Do these proposals make sense to you? Would you like to help make them part of the 2020 political debate? 

funny, that's who got my vote for 2020 @Cold War @racer254 rather than Trump or Biden.

Well , you’re smarter and better educated than everyone. congratulations on your vote.  

Funny,  you think the solution is changing who wears the boot, but you still want to lick the boot.  

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Well , you’re smarter and better educated than everyone. congratulations on your vote.  

Funny,  you think the solution is changing who wears the boot, but you still want to lick the boot.  

not necessarily 

you make too many assumptions 

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Big government mandates and programs created these problems. To solve them, we need to make government smaller – much, much smaller.Do these proposals make sense to you? Would you like to help make them part of the 2020 political debate? 

I used to think that a 3rd party candidate could do it.  Back with Ross Perot etc.  But, I believe that just divides the conservative vote, instead now, I believe we need to get the candidate to be as close to these policies as possible while still winning the R or D endorsement. 

I agree, but I no longer believe an independent can do it and if he did get in by some miracle, how do you think the 535 members would treat him/her? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I used to think that a 3rd party candidate could do it.  Back with Ross Perot etc.  But, I believe that just divides the conservative vote, instead now, I believe we need to get the candidate to be as close to these policies as possible while still winning the R or D endorsement. 

I agree, but I no longer believe an independent can do it and if he did get in by some miracle, how do you think the 535 members would treat him/her? 

horribly, and Jo is a woman fwiw

but, you and I seem to agree on more than meets the eye.  I strongly supported Perot both times and Ron Paul when he ran.  this country needs an electable, back to doing the actual 'job of government' strong and unified third party now more than anytime in my life.  we're so accustomed to two political parties being in control that we can't change is weak on our parts...the voters that is.  kind of like the notion that Cat being out of the snowmobile business leaving the entire industry to BRP and Polaris would be bad for snowmobiling.  

if there's one bipartisan topic the Democrats and Republicans can agree upon it's squashing third parties to retain their power, money and influence.  

plug your nose and give this five minutes...

https://www.cc.com/video/dgockh/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-ralph-nader

:lol:

The government has become too big, corrupt,  and powerful.  They have consumed the media. The average person no longer has any  representation or a watch dog.  Only one way the people take the power back. 

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

:lol:

The government has become too big, corrupt,  and powerful.  They have consumed the media. The average person no longer has any  representation or a watch dog.  Only one way the people take the power back. 

we could all leave? 

that would teach em 

34 minutes ago, racer254 said:

here's another thing to consider... after Trump left DC he warned the R's that if they didn't support him he would consider starting his own party.  the R's did a quick back of the napkin math and realized if they lost 33%ish of Trump supporters the Dems would steamroll them in 2022 and 2024 so they've not parted ways yet because without the Trump voters they're fucked.  

that to me clearly shows why McConnell and McCarthy aren't ruffling his feathers or kicking him to the curb ... Yet 

No, no isolationism until after China collapses.  Then we pull back.  Not before then.

But I do think 95% of people working for the federal government need to lose their jobs.  DRAMATICALLY simplify the tax code and make it 100% computerized.  No need to have an IRS anymore.  CIA, FBI, NSA, ATF, DOJ, DHS, all go away.  Keep military, TSA (useless as they are, you need something), and dept of the interior.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

No, no isolationism until after China collapses.  Then we pull back.  Not before then.

But I do think 95% of people working for the federal government need to lose their jobs.  DRAMATICALLY simplify the tax code and make it 100% computerized.  No need to have an IRS anymore.  CIA, FBI, NSA, ATF, DOJ, DHS, all go away.  Keep military, TSA (useless as they are, you need something), and dept of the interior.

an idea I had years ago would be that we vote on our tax returns.  you don't file, you don't vote.  make the IRS agents great again.  :lol:

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

an idea I had years ago would be that we vote on our tax returns.  you don't file, you don't vote.  make the IRS agents great again.  :lol:

I am in vehement agreement that only taxpayers be allowed to vote. 

17 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we could all refuse to file our taxes?

what's the right answer you're hoping to hear? 

:roflcrying:

Why do you think biden, the dems and many r's want an extra 87k irs agents.  Why do you think they want more gun control?  Stop any and all ways to go against them, that's why.  Need to start voting in local reps that go against the way of washington.  And make sure people understand how to give back the power to the states and local governments and get the federal government back to strictly defending our borders and out of our personal lives.