Check your account email address ×

Bringing the pain

26 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Except your cash is being devalued at a rate of close to 9% annually...and prices of goods is still going up (for now)

Patience

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm flush with cash, no debt. 

Been very patiently waiting for 2008/2009 all over again for a while now. 

I doubt we’ll see a recession as severe as 2008 - 2009, that one was a doozy because of the mortgage debacle.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm flush with cash, no debt. 

Been very patiently waiting for 2008/2009 all over again for a while now. 

watch out for Biden's IRS Dream Team :whistle:

• Like 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

Patience

I doubt we’ll see a recession as severe as 2008 - 2009, that one was a doozy because of the mortgage debacle.

well, how many overpriced homes, cars, trucks, boats, snowmobiles, atvs, sxs's, etc, etc, etc have been purchased on credit since 2020 alone?

not to mention credit card debt... 

$16.15 trillion

Total household debt rose $312 billion, or 2 percent, in the second quarter of 2022 to reach $16.15 trillion, according to the latest Quarterly Report on Household Debt and Credit. Mortgage balances—the largest component of household debt—climbed $207 billion and stood at $11.39 trillion as of June 30.

layoffs are happening at large companies as well... nothing to fear though, we have a money printer that goes brrrrr...  :lol2:

• Sad 1

• Gold Member
Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm not even the least bit concerned... sold our rental in 2021 and we're 'savers'.

Plus, I short market bubbles.  :)

No Debt is the way to be :bc:

My Wife is a damn squirrel saves everything.....I am more of a spender but she has rubbed off on me over the years. 

How much money has been spent abroad, wasted on wars, giving to illegal criminals coming into our country, people who contribute nothing, stolen by politicians and the government. But yeah fuck anybody who works their ass off and wants something nice.  Can’t wait to take it away from them. 

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

How much money has been spent abroad, wasted on wars, giving to illegal criminals coming into our country, people who contribute nothing, stolen by politicians and the government. But yeah fuck anybody who works their ass off and wants something nice.  Can’t wait to take it away from them. 

Lot 

term limits.....

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Americans are not under taxed, govt. is over funded.

Nothing wrong with working hard to have something nice. The problem with a lot of American consumers is they go too far. If you get yourself in way too deep in debt on discretionary spending, you deserve to have it taken away from you.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Americans are not under taxed, govt. is over funded.

Nothing wrong with working hard to have something nice. The problem with a lot of American consumers is they go too far. If you get yourself in way too deep in debt on discretionary spending, you deserve to have it taken away from you.

Well, I’ll start crying about the people who work their ass off,  when we start worrying about the people who don’t do shit, fund their wars,  or walk across the border.  Seems like there is endless supply of money for them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plissken said:

He seems pretty proud of PPP here.  Even goes so far as to complain the democrats won’t renew it?  

That conveniently timed first pandemic in our lifetimes really helped.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

well, how many overpriced homes, cars, trucks, boats, snowmobiles, atvs, sxs's, etc, etc, etc have been purchased on credit since 2020 alone?

not to mention credit card debt... 

$16.15 trillion

Total household debt rose $312 billion, or 2 percent, in the second quarter of 2022 to reach $16.15 trillion, according to the latest Quarterly Report on Household Debt and Credit. Mortgage balances—the largest component of household debt—climbed $207 billion and stood at $11.39 trillion as of June 30.

layoffs are happening at large companies as well... nothing to fear though, we have a money printer that goes brrrrr...  :lol2:

if a person has little to no debt they can weather anything. 

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Since when is pussy cheap...if I go get some it will likely cost 50% of my net worth. 

I said pussy ...not a Wife.

I was in Ft Lauderdale a month ago leaving the Bar...had a way too hot of a chick to be a Whore approach me, but she was and it would of costed less money then my bar tab that night. 

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve never been a joiner of any kind. You should know that by now. 

It was sarcasm...you called Ramsey a cult  Yet all he does is encourage people to live a debt free life; which you now seem to endorse. 

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Fuck that. I’ll take every handout I can get. I’ve paid in huge after over 40 years of working. If you don’t want yours I’ll take it. 

Boomer?

:lol:

I'm of the 2035 generation that's likely to get fucked out of our social security, so let's stop with the handouts, pandering to the wealthiest corporations in the world and Wall Street.  Why not put $10k in everyone's SSI account instead of college educated millennials that can't understand basic fucking math?  Wait, they need to buy those votes... I forgot.

https://smartasset.com/retirement/social-security-cuts-by-2035-heres-how-to-prepare

How would you like a 25% cut?

We're not talking about a handout here, we've paid our share into the system.  

Modern politicians from both parties SUCK at actually FIXING problems, they only know how to throw $$$ at the wall and hope it sticks. 

40 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Boomer?

:lol:

I'm of the 2035 generation that's likely to get fucked out of our social security, so let's stop with the handouts, pandering to the wealthiest corporations in the world and Wall Street.  Why not put $10k in everyone's SSI account instead of college educated millennials that can't understand basic fucking math?  Wait, they need to buy those votes... I forgot.

https://smartasset.com/retirement/social-security-cuts-by-2035-heres-how-to-prepare

How would you like a 25% cut?

We're not talking about a handout here, we've paid our share into the system.  

Modern politicians from both parties SUCK at actually FIXING problems, they only know how to throw $$$ at the wall and hope it sticks. 

Good points.  First of all, smartasset sucks.  They're an overpriced referral system who uses your information to sell to guys like me in the finance biz.  But don't blame boomers or previous generations for squandering the SS trust fund, thats on those same politicians of Greatest Generation-Gen X who allowed that to happen.  I've paid into SS for almost 50 years, and if you want to see a real revolution in this country, try cutting or eliminating the populations SS benefits.  As it is, they've raised the retirement age even on the boomers.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Good points.  First of all, smartasset sucks.  They're an overpriced referral system who uses your information to sell to guys like me in the finance biz.  But don't blame boomers or previous generations for squandering the SS trust fund, thats on those same politicians of Greatest Generation-Gen X who allowed that to happen.  I've paid into SS for almost 50 years, and if you want to see a real revolution in this country, try cutting or eliminating the populations SS benefits.  As it is, they've raised the retirement age even on the boomers.

I just grabbed a 2035 fund depletion link, so think nothing of it. 

We likely agree that the funding issue is because no politician or party wanted to tackle the funding issue in the first place.  Boomers should have been paying more in, as well as future generations, mine included.  Also the SSI income cap is a joke.  I know plenty of people who are done paying in by April.  You? 

I was born in 1970, have been working full time since 1988 and the notion of people like myself that have always paid in getting fucked over won't sit well.

Boomers have gotten two big cola's in the last year, and not a peep from the fuckstains in DC about funding? 

I'm not nor have ever planned to rely on SSI to retire, but it's going to get heated at some point, very heated.

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

It was sarcasm...you called Ramsey a cult  Yet all he does is encourage people to live a debt free life; which you now seem to endorse. 

I think Ramsey is good for those that have practiced little restraint in their spending habits. His plan gives them a belief system of sort to adhere to along with a strong personality to emulate and look up to. Depending on what stage of life a person is in, debt can be used as wealth builder. But that requires awareness, planning, and an understanding of money. Discipline is the main principle. Back in my 20’s I got into trouble with credit cards. It was a necessary lesson. It also helped me get an understanding of money.