Check your account email address ×

"If you're going to be pro-life you need to be pro-adoption,"

"to fix the "moral and legal failing" of how expensive adoption has become and how difficult it is to navigate adoption services" 

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-pence-wants-abortion-illegal-and-big-businesses-cover-adoption-2022-7

interesting perspective as both my father, aunt and one of my best friends are adopted, and all are boomers.  I don't fully agree with most of what Pence said, but do agree that making adoption should be far less costly and something which should be encouraged by appropriate potential parents rather than making abortion the defacto choice.

“If you’re gonna be pro-life, you need to be pro-adoption. The cost to adopt a child in the United States can be as much as $70,000 to the family. It should not cost the average American worker more than a year’s worth of salary to adopt a child,” he said.  

https://www.theroot.com/did-i-just-agree-with-mike-pence-1849321219

What this country lacks most from my POV is a moral compass that doesn't necessarily involve 'religion' but compassion. 

This is likely a topic that will as usual fall upon deaf ears in today's society, but I applaud Pence for at least identifying an understated issue. 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Get rid of the abortion grift.  It all crumbles.  Fucking dumb moron.

precisely whom is grifting? 

precisely what crumbles? 

precisely who is the moron? 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

"to fix the "moral and legal failing" of how expensive adoption has become and how difficult it is to navigate adoption services" 

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-pence-wants-abortion-illegal-and-big-businesses-cover-adoption-2022-7

interesting perspective as both my father, aunt and one of my best friends are adopted, and all are boomers.  I don't fully agree with most of what Pence said, but do agree that making adoption should be far less costly and something which should be encouraged by appropriate potential parents rather than making abortion the defacto choice.

“If you’re gonna be pro-life, you need to be pro-adoption. The cost to adopt a child in the United States can be as much as $70,000 to the family. It should not cost the average American worker more than a year’s worth of salary to adopt a child,” he said.  

https://www.theroot.com/did-i-just-agree-with-mike-pence-1849321219

What this country lacks most from my POV is a moral compass that doesn't necessarily involve 'religion' but compassion. 

This is likely a topic that will as usual fall upon deaf ears in today's society, but I applaud Pence for at least identifying an understated issue. 

How many have you adopted?

4 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

none

you? any kids at all? 

maybe adoption is a thing of the past, like volunteering for literally anything

I keep forgetting we live in a 'me, me, me' world 

in hindsight at my age and because my wife is a wonderful person and mother... we should have 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

none

you? any kids at all? 

maybe adoption is a thing of the past, like volunteering for literally anything

I keep forgetting we live in a 'me, me, me' world 

in hindsight at my age and because my wife is a wonderful person and mother... we should have 

Nope, I not advocating for others to do what I’m not willing to do like you are.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

whutz a shelly?

Just now, Sleepr2 said:

Nope, I not advocating for others to do what I’m not willing to do like you are.  

This…this is a Shelley.

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

in English?

You’re advocating for adoption, while not doing it yourself, 

I’m sure that clear , but perhaps you have the same brain problem as Jimmah the dumfuck?

Just now, Sleepr2 said:

You’re advocating for adoption, while not doing it yourself, 

I’m sure that clear , but perhaps you have the same brain problem as Jimmah the dumfuck?

I'm advocating? 

Fairly sure I was supporting the position