Check your account email address ×

Red states like Florida and Texas are doing better in the post-pandemic economy than blue states, WSJ reports

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

ive been a bunch in July and August ....fucking stupid hot. 

ok for vacation , working tho? shit i don't know about that. 

Yeah, I don’t know either.   Why we need to check it out first.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

ive been a bunch in July and August ....fucking stupid hot. 

ok for vacation , working tho? shit i don't know about that. 

Went to Florida once in the summer. End of July. Never again. Have been numerous times in the winter. Mostly the Keys.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Went to Florida once in the summer. End of July. Never again. Have been numerous times in the winter. Mostly the Keys.

My Wife knows I wont go in the Winter cus of sledding.... Sept, Oct, and Nov are perfect for me and the ocean is still warm.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We do spring break in Panama City beach in April.  Always been good.  Great place with condos on the ocean. 

always wanted to do that. along with fantasy fest in the keys . had it booked but then the hurricane came thru  

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

always wanted to do that. along with fantasy fest in the keys . had it booked but then the hurricane came thru  

Lot of fun.  We usually get about 15 people to go with.  

843E48D7-A918-4B87-8CED-EED1DDF79866.jpeg

D13A86F4-088F-4F01-AC37-9839CC708BFE.jpeg

• Like 2

Moved daughter down to Orlando last April.she transferred from local airport to Orlando.tsa job.

making just shy of $30hr.Then she was hired by St. Petersburg police department so I flew down and moved her to st Pete mid June last year!it was 85 at 4am!!!!she took paycut during training but that was like 6months.now making around $40hr and they have scheduled pay increases and they are hefty!!when I was down there I asked local a/c guy if I was looking for job could I find one quickly?he said when you want to start!!

Good jobs down there if you want to work just like everywhere right now.

hoping she finds couple bedroom house so mom and dad have a place to stay!!😁

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Cold War said:

We do spring break in Panama City beach in April.  Always been good.  Great place with condos on the ocean. 

Was just talking with my uncle about going on those beaches when I was a kid. Wide open white sandy beaches as far as the eye could see. He says now it's all condos

12 hours ago, Steve753 said:

When i was a kid right after high school I worked on a job at Patrick air force base , sattelite beach. In june. Was a rate job and had to wear long pants boots and shirt on all the time. Replacing expansion joints on the runways. 

Was a little warm

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Was just talking with my uncle about going on those beaches when I was a kid. Wide open white sandy beaches as far as the eye could see. He says now it's all condos

That's Florida in a nutshell. Lauderdale use to be a blast as a kid. Now it's just condos for the most part.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

When i was a kid right after high school I worked on a job at Patrick air force base , sattelite beach. In june. Was a rate job and had to wear long pants boots and shirt on all the time. Replacing expansion joints on the runways. 

Was a little warm

Brutal humidity as well don't help either.

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Brutal humidity as well don't help either.

I could hang there all winter but summer is brutal for sure. Their summer is kinda like our winter as you stay inside all the time.

• Like 1