Check your account email address ×

Biden skips meeting with oil execs Instead meets with wind power execs

15 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Nope.  Teslas and GM’s don’t have tax credits available to individuals

Read the article.  This is a purchasers Federal tax break. Yes our Federal government is giving a gift to anybody that buys a EV or plug in Hydrid.  Some on here say government shouldn't be in the oil business and I agree.  They should not be giving tax breaks to EV and Hybrid owners either.

Question for you.  How much gas tax does a EV contribute to the highway and bridge trust fund.  So in the future when the trust fund is under funded.  Where will the money come from?

I have no problem with EV vehicles but get the government out of the tax breaks and supplements for them.  If it is that good let the industry stand on it's own merits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Doug said:

Read the article.  This is a purchasers Federal tax break. Yes our Federal government is giving a gift to anybody that buys a EV or plug in Hydrid.  Some on here say government shouldn't be in the oil business and I agree.  They should not be giving tax breaks to EV and Hybrid owners either.

Question for you.  How much gas tax does a EV contribute to the highway and bridge trust fund.  So in the future when the trust fund is under funded.  Where will the money come from?

I have no problem with EV vehicles but get the government out of the tax breaks and supplements for them.  If it is that good let the industry stand on it's own merits.

From your fuel economy . Gov link.

i circled it in yellow to make it stand out even more for ya.

F0C5BB6D-9539-4229-AA66-5060B3018BD3.jpeg

8F621684-4E63-4F7D-B2C7-9DF6FD316B2A.jpeg

31 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

From your fuel economy . Gov link.

i circled it in yellow to make it stand out even more for ya.

F0C5BB6D-9539-4229-AA66-5060B3018BD3.jpeg

8F621684-4E63-4F7D-B2C7-9DF6FD316B2A.jpeg

For now.  More tax breaks being pushed.

How about the lack of gas tax question coming in from EV?  They also use the roads and bridges but currently do not contribute to the maintenance of them.

If the industry was that good it shouldn't need tax breaks and supplements from tax payers 

EV.jpg

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Doug said:

For now.  More tax breaks being pushed.

How about the lack of gas tax question coming in from EV?  They also use the roads and bridges but currently do not contribute to the maintenance of them.

If the industry was that good it shouldn't need tax breaks and supplements from tax payers 

EV.jpg

Until it’s passed in final form if ever, As it stands right now Tesla and gM vehicles have no tax credit.  Contrary to your earlier claim.  Toyota has said public ally that they will hit the threshold this month for phase out and Ford should hit it by years end for phase out.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Hybrid electric vehicle surcharge

A $75 annual surcharge for hybrid electric vehicles was implemented under the 2019-2021 biennial budget. A hybrid electric vehicle is one that is capable of using both electricity and gasoline, diesel fuel, or alternative fuel to propel the vehicle.  

Electric vehicle surcharge

On September 21, 2017, a new law created a $100 annual surcharge for electric vehicles (motor vehicles propelled solely by electrical energy and not capable of using gasoline, diesel fuel, or alternative fuel). DMV began collecting the electric vehicle surcharge with applications received January 1, 2018, or later.

https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/vehicles/title-plates/fuelfee.aspx#:~:text=Hybrid electric vehicle surcharge,fuel to propel the vehicle.

$75-100 isn't much, but it's a start.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Until it’s passed in final form if ever, As it stands right now Tesla and gM vehicles have no tax credit.  Contrary to your earlier claim.  Toyota has said public ally that they will hit the threshold this month for phase out and Ford should hit it by years end for phase out.

I'll stand by If the industry was that good it shouldn't need tax breaks and supplements from tax payers being the industry it is still being supplemented by tax payers.  Some of our government official want to offer more.

If a product is not selling the supplier should offer rebates and discounts.  Not the Government

• Gold Member
Just now, Doug said:

I'll stand by If the industry was that good it shouldn't need tax breaks and supplements from tax payers being the industry it is still being supplemented by tax payers.  Some of our government official want to offer more.

If a product is not selling the supplier should offer rebates and discounts.  Not the Government

Ya.  Tesla and GM EV’s don’t have any tax credits.

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Hybrid electric vehicle surcharge

A $75 annual surcharge for hybrid electric vehicles was implemented under the 2019-2021 biennial budget. A hybrid electric vehicle is one that is capable of using both electricity and gasoline, diesel fuel, or alternative fuel to propel the vehicle. 

https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/vehicles/title-plates/fuelfee.aspx#:~:text=Hybrid electric vehicle surcharge,fuel to propel the vehicle.

$75-100 isn't much, but it's a start.

Not really a start at all not even close .

If tabs for a new truck are 700 bucks the tabs for a ev should be at least 1000. 

47 cents a gal tax about 300 a yr 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

If tabs for a new truck are 700 bucks the tabs for a ev should be at least 1000. 

WI & MN have completely different systems for registration  

https://wisconsindot.gov/pages/dmv/vehicles/title-plates/vehicle-fees-default.aspx

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Penalizing efficiency?

pay tax on mpg or mpge or per mile and weight IMO

5 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

They wanted to expand, the Biden administration shut down refinery expansions...I mean we had this conversation 3 days ago..

You ok?? Cuz you don't seem to be remembering stuff as of late, even stuff you post a few days later..

:lol: sure 

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Doug said:

Now but they were

Teslas EV tax credit pale in comparison to the Bailouts the auto industry got to stay afloat back before Tesla.

And EV tax credits are for individuals just like the Trump tax cut for individuals were/are.  Same Same

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Penalizing efficiency?

pay tax on mpg or mpge or per mile and weight IMO

Penalizing ? Where in the fuck do you get that ? How do you think the roads get maintained ? Who do you think they get built ? 

Oh yes you bought a coal powered car so you should not have to pay to use them ? FUCK OFF ! 

Oh I forgot only millionaires and billionaires don't pay there fair share. 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

And don't even fucking get me started on fucking MN bike paths and my fucking gas tax paying for that shit . Or the city of Minneapolis closing trafic lanes for bike use only . 

Bike Lives Matter. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Teslas EV tax credit pale in comparison to the Bailouts the auto industry got to stay afloat back before Tesla.

And EV tax credits are for individuals just like the Trump tax cut for individuals were/are.  Same Same

So no one building EV got bailout money ? Interesting 

You don't really convince your self of this shit do you ?  Pilles of that case was mandated to go to ev expansion.