Check your account email address ×

Woodtick

3 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

doctors from outside lyme areas don't know to look for iot. look up the singer avril lavigne. she had lyme and no one knew what it was. she ended up being carried out of a hotel room before a show, that she had to cancel. lyme was off the charts, took a long time to heal

About 20 years ago an old Dutch fella I worked with fell ill ,got better,,ill with other symptoms,recovered,ill again. Went on for 3-4 years before they thought of lyme disease. He recovered but suffered from the damage done.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

like mosquitoes. why the hell do they exist?

Fordy will be here at some point and say they are a bio weapon created by The US Military…fuck he could be right.🤷🏻

4 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

my buddy found seresto not effective here. his dog had ticks right next to it. i use bravecto, one edible and good for months

We used them for years and they did a great job, now they don't seem to be as effective as they were.

5 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Just ordered Seresto collars for the dogs last sunday from Chewy...still hasn't arrived.....usually only takes 2 days when I order from them.....supposed to be here tomorrow.

Support a local business and go to the store, my pets have had their soresto collars on for a month

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Support a local business and go to the store, my pets have had their soresto collars on for a month

I tried that in my little town,,,,nuttin'. My vet is sending me some drops. Picked 2 more off Webber just now. 

42 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yeah....Im late this year and usually get it fromy Vet. Then they give me a rebate to fill out but by the time I get around to fill it out, it has usually expired.:lol:.....my own fault.

57 minutes ago, HSR said:

I tried that in my little town,,,,nuttin'. My vet is sending me some drops. Picked 2 more off Webber just now. 

It sounds like soresto is banned in canada. The last couple years I've been bringing a case of them across to a customer of mine in thunder bay. Said he can't get them anywhere in canada and online sellers won't ship there

6 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

It sounds like soresto is banned in canada. The last couple years I've been bringing a case of them across to a customer of mine in thunder bay. Said he can't get them anywhere in canada and online sellers won't ship there

Thanks, quick search showed nothing. That explains it:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

They have been linked to cancer. But what the fuck hasnt been linked to cancer

• Like 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

They have been linked to cancer. But what the fuck hasnt been linked to cancer

Probly worked too good so had to be banned.

I used to put them on my last dog. He ended up getting tumors right by his throat.

I've used them for years on between 8 to 12 dogs per year. No bad effects. I have had old dogs die of cancer but thats at 11 to 13 years old. Most old dogs end up with some form of cancer before they're gone 

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

I've used them for years on between 8 to 12 dogs per year. No bad effects. I have had old dogs die of cancer but thats at 11 to 13 years old. Most old dogs end up with some form of cancer before they're gone 

sad but true

sad but true

Yeah it always sucks to see the old ones go. Imo alot of the cancer has to do with their diet. I know alot of hound hunters that only feed raw meet and they're dogs seem to live a few years longer than most