Check your account email address ×

Why the Ninth Circuit Got It Wrong on the Trump Immigration Order

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Better ask Santa for a unicorn instead.

That's priceless coming from a guy who thinks the US will become a communist society without govt authority, a monetary policy, police, military and we all will start and end our days holding hands singing Kumbaya together.   Oh and lets not forget the free drugs and yachts to share! :lol: 

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

If this is a slam dunk to get overturned at the SC, why is the EO getting rewritten just like I suggested a couple days ago?

Anyone, anyone....?

The 9th got it WRONG!  And the SC will overturn it.  However, this is brilliant.  Any terrorist action in the US can now be laid at the feet of the Dems no matter the who/how/why or where from.  BRILLIANT!!!!!

And now, all that needs to be done is take out what the court identified as "faulty" and PRESTO.....done.  With zero opposition.  Well, other than the usual whining, crying and dancing in the streets by the protesters.  But that's all good....nobody cares anymore.

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The 9th got it WRONG!  And the SC will overturn it.  However, this is brilliant.  Any terrorist action in the US can now be laid at the feet of the Dems no matter the who/how/why or where from.  BRILLIANT!!!!!

And now, all that needs to be done is take out what the court identified as "faulty" and PRESTO.....done.  With zero opposition.  Well, other than the usual whining, crying and dancing in the streets by the protesters.  But that's all good....nobody cares anymore.

All the courts have got it wrong so far I guess.  Even the Republican appointed judges on those courts.

:lol:

President Trump 0-4 with the judiciary.

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

All the courts have got it wrong so far I guess.  Even the Republican appointed judges on those courts.

Yes, I think they do.  They can interpret it anyway they want (and they did), but ultimately, the President has always possessed that kind of power.  But like I said, it's all brilliant.  Dems played like a fiddle.  Again...and again...and again.  SO...what happens if we have another terrorist attack...and again, it doesn't matter the specifics at all.  Let me give you a hint.  2018 Dems will easily lose 1/2 to 3/4 of their remaining seats.  

Winning!  It's what Trump does.  SBYL.

And again...why the fuck do you care so much?  Kinda pathetic isn't it?  

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Wrong.   Better do your research better.

A federal judge in Boston on Friday decided not to extend a temporary restraining order against President Trump's controversial immigration executive order.

That means the current seven-day injunction, which was granted Jan. 29, expires just before 2 a.m. Sunday, according to the plaintiffs' lawyers.

22 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

If this is a slam dunk to get overturned at the SC, why is the EO getting rewritten just like I suggested a couple days ago?

Anyone, anyone....?

The only part in question was the legal visa holders who already had been to the US.   The admin said they were not a part of the ban (albeit they did not say this immediately) but did say this later.   If re-written this might be the only change.  

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Wrong.   Better do your research better.

A federal judge in Boston on Friday decided not to extend a temporary restraining order against President Trump's controversial immigration executive order.

That means the current seven-day injunction, which was granted Jan. 29, expires just before 2 a.m. Sunday, according to the plaintiffs' lawyers.

Nope

"The appeals court ruling means that visa holders from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen can continue to enter the US, and refugees from around the world, who were also subject to a temporary ban, are no longer blocked either.

But the ruling does not affect one part of Mr Trump's controversial executive order: a cap of 50,000 refugees to be admitted in the current fiscal year, down from the ceiling of 110,000 established under his predecessor, Barack Obama."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38941016

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

Nope

"The appeals court ruling means that visa holders from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen can continue to enter the US, and refugees from around the world, who were also subject to a temporary ban, are no longer blocked either.

But the ruling does not affect one part of Mr Trump's controversial executive order: a cap of 50,000 refugees to be admitted in the current fiscal year, down from the ceiling of 110,000 established under his predecessor, Barack Obama."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38941016

Simply pointing out not all judges ruled that way.   You're 0-4 should be 1-4. :lol:  

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

It's not about terrorist attacks to me.   I've stated this very clearly a number of times on here.   Honest to God I could give two shits if a guy like you got killed in a terrorist attack.  It's about American jobs.  While I support smart free trade I don't support bringing in a million immigrants to our country every year and that's the legal ones.  I got two kids that will be entering the workforce in 2-6 years and I want a strong job market for them.     

Make sure they study hard and are equipped to compete in a large market where the big sharks swim, that way you won't have to worry about them competing against orange peelers who can't even laugh in English :thumb: 

16 hours ago, Woodtick said:

image.jpg

That's it in a nutshell :lol: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

It's not about terrorist attacks to me.   I've stated this very clearly a number of times on here.   Honest to God I could give two shits if a guy like you got killed in a terrorist attack.  It's about American jobs.  While I support smart free trade I don't support bringing in a million immigrants to our country every year and that's the legal ones.  I got two kids that will be entering the workforce in 2-6 years and I want a strong job market for them.     

i thought you'd have higher hopes for your kids. vegetable pickers? 

36 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Republicans - "We need stronger background checks and vetting for people coming into this country"

Republicans - "People with mental health issues should be able to buy a gun without background checks or extreme vetting"

I'm starting to understand how you girls ended up with Mamby Pamby Jr. up there.  

:lmao: