Check your account email address ×

The propaganda is just incredible

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I guess Florida just makes me nervous given some of the boom bust cycles they've had over the past 25 years.  And right now prices are really high.  I think of the first place my folks bought in Florida more than 30 years ago, in Palm Beach Gardens.  With some updating, a million or more in this market.  

Yup....my grandpa died 2 years ago. They sold his place in Winter Haven for 249k. His place is over 400k right now. That’s a bit of a kick in the nuts

• Like 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

That goes without saying.  :lol: My company offers a couple travel awards a year.  But because of Covid, they're only doing domestic trips for now.  I qualified late, and all they have left is Marco Island Florida........in July.  Yeahno.  :lol: 

Beautiful in the winter, early spring, and late fall. Honestly, I don't know how anyone handles the summer heat. 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

That goes without saying.  :lol: My company offers a couple travel awards a year.  But because of Covid, they're only doing domestic trips for now.  I qualified late, and all they have left is Marco Island Florida........in July.  Yeahno.  :lol: 

My plan is to send my parents down there for 10-12 weeks during the coldest months here and Airbnb the place via 100% management most of the rest of the year. When they get old enough to not want to travel they can stay down there full time until they pass or need full time help. After that I’ll go back to using the place in winter months and renting it the rest of the time. Hopefully time things close to decent and it ends up a wise investment for my brothers and I in 25 years 

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Bhen definitely needs to buy something in Florida near a golf course so I can rent a room in the winter for a case of Coors Light. :ashamed:

Golf is gay bro....sluts on beaches and boats is where it’s at 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Beautiful in the winter, early spring, and late fall. Honestly, I don't know how anyone handles the summer heat. 

I didn’t mind the Atlantic in June. It was hot as fuck but the ocean was nice 

5 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Bhen definitely needs to buy something in Florida near a golf course so I can rent a room in the winter for a case of Coors Light. :ashamed:

Definitely, you can snuff your Cubans out on his wall moulding!   :owned:   :lol: 

Definitely, you can snuff your Cubans out on his wall moulding!   :owned:   :lol: 

This is shaping up to be very tremendous!!!!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My plan is to send my parents down there for 10-12 weeks during the coldest months here and Airbnb the place via 100% management most of the rest of the year. When they get old enough to not want to travel they can stay down there full time until they pass or need full time help. After that I’ll go back to using the place in winter months and renting it the rest of the time. Hopefully time things close to decent and it ends up a wise investment for my brothers and I in 25 years 

Not a bad plan  :bc:  Pumps boy, my nephew bought a place down in Tampa and is killing it with the Airbnb thing.

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Not a bad plan  :bc:  Pumps boy, my nephew bought a place down in Tampa and is killing it with the Airbnb thing.

I’ve rented several nice places on there now and they appear to be very well cared for. I’d imagine that’s a function of the clientele you attract when it’s 5gs a week to rent. 

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

I’ll be there on December 1st!!

image.gif

Have you met my dad? He doesn’t take kindly to random boners when someone meets my mom so you better tighten it up!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Have you met my dad? He doesn’t take kindly to random boners when someone meets my mom so you better tighten it up!!!

Have I met your dad? He poured two ounces of beer down my ass crack while I was shooting pool! :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I’ve rented several nice places on there now and they appear to be very well cared for. I’d imagine that’s a function of the clientele you attract when it’s 5gs a week to rent. 

No doubt.  Hell, we paid just a little more than that for our sled camp in Jackman, for 4 months.  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Have I met your dad? He poured two ounces of beer down my ass crack while I was shooting pool! :lol:

Ahahahahaha.....I forgot about that lol

No doubt.  Hell, we paid just a little more than that for our sled camp in Jackman, for 4 months.  :lol: 

Also very stringent clientele standards !!!

51 minutes ago, f7ben said:

WTF did you just say!!!!!!!!!!   :wtf: