Check your account email address ×

Whoa...

7 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

I love how he comes sliding back into the frame with some water thinking he is going to put out an exploding battery.  Drag that thing outside before it burns the whole place down.  He had the battery out it looks like, probably put the charger on backwards.

Reminds me of the good old days trying to start an old free air Polaris inside the garage by priming the carbs, because it was faster than taking the spark plugs off.

Going for the nearest fire extinguisher, I don't think I've ever run so fast in my entire life. 

Edited by p51mstg
  • Haha 1

It's quite common.

Low quality batteries. Inadequate battery management systems.

You wouldn't fuel your gas scooter in the house, don't do it with a large lithium battery.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I love how he comes sliding back into the frame with some water thinking he is going to put out an exploding battery.  Drag that thing outside before it burns the whole place down.  He had the battery out it looks like, probably put the charger on backwards.

Lmao.....it almost looked like it was gas the way it reacted. Should have just rolled that scooter thru the door that was so close by.

4 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

It's quite common.

Low quality batteries. Inadequate battery management systems.

You wouldn't fuel your gas scooter in the house, don't do it with a large lithium battery.

Electric vehicles are in garage tho right.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

Electric vehicles are in garage tho right.

Much higher quality of battery.

Much smarter charging/management systems.

Less likely, not impossible.

I'd wager there are far more twats who light the garage on fire with gas than there are with batteries.

Just now, Voodoo said:

Much higher quality of battery.

Much smarter charging/management systems.

Less likely, not impossible.

I'd wager there are far more twats who light the garage on fire with gas than there are with batteries.

I never actually lit the garage on fire, just came really, really close.  Twice. 

Just now, p51mstg said:

I never actually lit the garage on fire, just came really, really close.  Twice. 

Same here.

Buddy of mine burnt the barn down working on a Z50. Gas tank went up and there was no stopping it.

There is a reason I have fire extinguishers in many spots.....

2 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I'm more of a safety third kind of guy, but even I have fire extinguishers all over the house and shop.  Should probably get one for the garage attached to the house next time I'm at Menards.

7 hours ago, Doorider said:

Probably why this is going on right now by my work.  Walmart distribution center

IMG_0728-1.jpg

Wow.  I think that's gonna overwhelm the sprinkler system.  Seriously, I hope everyone got out okay.