Check your account email address ×

Physicist Brian Cox “The idea of God is not ruled out”

Rod

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There is no proof of god....it’s not able to be ruled out much in the way those in the 19th century could not rule out the moon being made of cheese. 

There’s no proof against it either. Because we still don’t even know what started the universe, or if it even had a beginning. 

Just now, ACE said:

There’s no proof against it either. Because we still don’t even know what started the universe, or if it even had a beginning. 

Exactly....those questions are currently beyond our means to understand. That does not mean they were divinity. 

All throughout history every time man did not understand something he ascribed it to god. All throughout history man was wrong and further understanding of the physics world revealed the fallacy of divinity

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Exactly....those questions are currently beyond our means to understand. That does not mean they were divinity. 

All throughout history every time man did not understand something he ascribed it to god. All throughout history man was wrong and further understanding of the physics world revealed the fallacy of divinity

Or we just understand a lot better what God did or how he did it 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Come back when you’re more prepared friendo 

It takes no preparedness to refute the idiocy of blind faith. You get one derp and that is being generous 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

It takes no preparedness to refute the idiocy of blind faith. You get one derp and that is being generous 

Yet… we haven’t disproven the existence of God, correct?

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Yet… we haven’t disproven the existence of God, correct?

And we haven’t disproven that the center of the earth is made from unicorn farts. 

Just now, f7ben said:

And we haven’t disproven that the center of the earth is made from unicorn farts. 

We have a lot of evidence suggesting that it’s not made of unicorn farts. We have no evidence that the universe wasn’t created. 

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

We have a lot of evidence suggesting that it’s not made of unicorn farts. We have no evidence that the universe wasn’t created. 

We have no evidence that it’s not made from unicorn farts and there is zero evidence of intelligent design by some all powerful supernatural deity. Give your head a shake 

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, f7ben said:

We have no evidence that it’s not made from unicorn farts and there is zero evidence of intelligent design by some all powerful supernatural deity. Give your head a shake 

I'm gonna guess Brian Cox would agree that our knowledge of the center of the Earth is far beyond unicorn farts. :lmao:

Edited by Highmark

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

I think you have to take into consideration what many in the science community would consider as "God" is not the same Sunday school and bible thumping. Best evidence for intelligent design is DNA. There is discussion that it might not have been able to form naturally in the time frame allotted.

He is right that where religion messes up is admission on things we know scientifically.  Yes at times those things are challenged and we discover differently.   Religion is in love with control no different than govt.   They are very similar in that sense.  Many religious and atheist fail to understand that its possible to believe there is something other than us without tying it to a religious order of some sort.       

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Our minds are too finite to fully understand but I will always be a believer..... I'm not a churchgoer but that has nothing to do with being saved.

Saved from what ? Yourself ?

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

I'm gonna guess Brian Cox would agree that our knowledge of the center of the Earth is far beyond unicorn farts. :lmao:

I actually just watched a show where new models dispel the iron core theory. They now think the core is made from some super dense liquid that sloshes causing pole shift. They said the actual material composition is likely something we aren’t aware of at the moment. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Saved from what ? Yourself ?

Basically

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I actually just watched a show where new models dispel the iron core theory. They now think the core is made from some super dense liquid that sloshes causing pole shift. They said the actual material composition is likely something we aren’t aware of at the moment. 

That's ZLZeBub or whatever his name was....talk:thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Basically

That's ZLZeBub or whatever his name was....talk:thumbsup:

Zlzbub was either the dumbest person to ever exist or the best troll in history

6 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think you have to take into consideration what many in the science community would consider as "God" is not the same Sunday school and bible thumping. Best evidence for intelligent design is DNA. There is discussion that it might not have been able to form naturally in the time frame allotted.

Correct he’s conflating religious dogma for a possible creation\creator of the universe 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Correct he’s conflating religious dogma for a possible creation\creator of the universe 

No I’m not....the word god has naturally religious connotation. I happen to subscribe to simulation theory and that would obviously have a programmer as the originator