Check your account email address ×

Reconstruction of alex Baldwin murdering a woman

Rod

As responsible gun owners we know to never point a gun toward anything unless we intend to pull the trigger. Rightfully so. We need to keep in mind that actors regularly do go against everything that we have learned about gun safety and point and pull the trigger at a person. I'm guessing that they depend on the experts on set to 'point them in the right direction' and do their job. Baldwin might loose some money in a civil suit, but I don't believe that he will ever get charged criminally.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Lame, how many people has Keanu killed?

He killed 128 bad guys in John Wick 2.

But in all serious all those kills remained only fictitious because the firearms expert did their job. Right? Or do you think he loads all his own magazines?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, akvanden said:

Yes, and that doesn’t answer the question. What’s the job of the weapons expert on set? Don’t they provide weapons and ammo?

Someone hands you a gun and says it's not loaded, what's the first thing you do??

2nd off the weapons expert had said repeatedly said and left the set for unsafe practices

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

As responsible gun owners we know to never point a gun toward anything unless we intend to pull the trigger. Rightfully so. We need to keep in mind that actors regularly do go against everything that we have learned about gun safety and point and pull the trigger at a person. I'm guessing that they depend on the experts on set to 'point them in the right direction' and do their job. Baldwin might loose some money in a civil suit, but I don't believe that he will ever get charged criminally.

correct,  they are actors not gun experts.  so while some may be an exception the norm is just doing what you are told.  if there were going to be charges they would have done so.  it was a tragic accident and there will be civil liability for the production company and alex and the armorer.  

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

He killed 128 bad guys in John Wick 2.

But in all serious all those kills remained only fictitious because the firearms expert did their job. Right? Or do you think he loads all his own magazines?

Your mental gymnastics are not surprising 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Someone hands you a gun and says it's not loaded, what's the first thing you do??

On the set of a movie? The weapons expert ensures everything firearm wise is being handled safely. 

On the back forty with your buddies? Guns are never pointed at someone, loaded or unloaded, period. 

41 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

2nd off the weapons expert had said repeatedly said and left the set for unsafe practices

I don't know all the details, if unsafe practices were used, then by all means sue who needs to be sued. I'm just approaching it from the common sense stand point that the actors aren't responsible to load their own magazines so they can ensure every round is a blank. If irregularities happened, then common sense becomes a moot point.

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

hunter safety course says over and over, treat all guns as if they were loaded

Hunter safety course also says never to point your gun at someone, but we're not talking about hunting, we're talking about props on a set that are pointed at people all the time.

1 minute ago, akvanden said:

On the set of a movie? The weapons expert ensures everything firearm wise is being handled safely. 

On the back forty with your buddies? Guns are never pointed at someone, loaded or unloaded, period. 

I don't know all the details, if unsafe practices were used, then by all means sue who needs to be sued. I'm just approaching it from the common sense stand point that the actors aren't responsible to load their own magazines so they can ensure every round is a blank. If irregularities happened, then common sense becomes a moot point.

Hunter safety course also says never to point your gun at someone, but we're not talking about hunting, we're talking about props on a set that are pointed at people all the time.

So because he is an actor handling a real gun with real ammo he should not be at fault?? Can you name any other career choice that makes you above the law and liability of the death of an innocent person.. And if you say politician I'm going to kick you in the nutz..:lol:

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

So because he is an actor handling a real gun with real ammo he should not be at fault?? Can you name any other career choice that makes you above the law and liability of the death of an innocent person.. And if you say politician I'm going to kick you in the nutz..:lol:

No, because they're on a closed movie set who hired someone whose sole job is to ensure the safety. That's how it works.

You don't think they should have a safety expert? Every actor responsible to load all their own rounds and ensure in proper working order? That's fine, I won't argue with you.

Just now, akvanden said:

No, because they're on a closed movie set who hired someone whose sole job is to ensure the safety. That's how it works.

You don't think they should have a safety expert? Every actor responsible to load all their own rounds and ensure in proper working order? That's fine, I won't argue with you.

You do know the safety expert quit right? Due to unsafe practices, then the took one of the crew and made her the safety expert who did not feel comfortable being the safety expert..Who does that fall upon, the producer correct? since they are in charge of the entire set..Do you know who the executive producer is?? I'll give you a hint..His first name starts with an A and his last name starts with a B..

Fuck the cast and crew had live rounds laying all over, the night before they were all boozing and shooting guns, one being the one Alex shot the woman with

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You do know the safety expert quit right? Due to unsafe practices, then the took one of the crew and made her the safety expert who did not feel comfortable being the safety expert..Who does that fall upon, the producer correct? since they are in charge of the entire set..Do you know who the executive producer is?? I'll give you a hint..His first name starts with an A and his last name starts with a B..

Fuck the cast and crew had live rounds laying all over, the night before they were all boozing and shooting guns, one being the one Alex shot the woman with

I’ve already stated I don’t know all the particular details and an only speaking about normal circumstances. If you’re only speaking to the irregularities of this particular movie set, then by all means, find those and hold accountable.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

correct,  they are actors not gun experts.  so while some may be an exception the norm is just doing what you are told.  if there were going to be charges they would have done so.  it was a tragic accident and there will be civil liability for the production company and alex and the armorer.  

Bingo. 

17 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I’ve already stated I don’t know all the particular details and an only speaking about normal circumstances. If you’re only speaking to the irregularities of this particular movie set, then by all means, find those and hold accountable.

You “don’t know all the particulars “ but seem ready to absolve the killer 

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

And you have him guilty just because you don't like the guy. Im He never should have gone against Trump :lol:

8 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Ha, ok. What would have been informative is after I get done saying "I'd think whomever loaded the gun would be responsible." you could then reply "well under normal circumstances, yes, BUT x, y, and z happened that negates that fact". Then I could be like, "cool, didn't know that"

I'm glad we eventually got there, but it took longer than needed. :thumbsup:

Just now, akvanden said:

Ha, ok. What would have been informative is after I get done saying "I'd think whomever loaded the gun would be responsible." you could then reply "well under normal circumstances, yes, BUT x, y, and z happened that negates that fact". Then I could be like, "cool, didn't know that"

I'm glad we eventually got there, but it took longer than needed. :thumbsup:

Why isn’t lil Alex in jail like they did yo Kim potter?