Check your account email address ×

MTG banned from Twitter

• Gold Member

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_of_Twitter

You do realize Twitter works with Governments on Censorship all around the world....Wikipedia would of told you that. 

Private Platform lmao ...yup so private. 

On August 28, in the wake of even more calls for censorship from government officials, Twitter permanently suspended Mr. Berenson from its platform, citing ‘repeated violations of our COVID-19 misinformation rules’,” the lawsuit notes. “Mr. Berenson did not violate those rules.
Twitter, on the other hand, broke its promises to Mr. Berenson as well as its policies, and violated his rights as it served the federal government’s censorship demands.”

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Being kicked off a private platform is not censorship. 

I disagree witb that premise but Ok fine.  but now by doing this is the argument that certain social media sites have argued in court that they have no control of what people put in there fourms out the window seeing as clearly they have been and continue to do ? 

Edited by Ez ryder

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Of what ? Giving her opinion on covid ? A opinion backed by some doctors and scientists around the world not on the take from big pharma ? How dare she 

Go fuck your self Mr that's what dictators do 

No it’s what the owners do when someone….anyone breaks the rules. YOUR OUT.

Your clueless…..you really are.

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

Well, isn’t it though?  It comes down to what was said, the rules and consistency with the organization enforcing them.  Also, “private”?

But, before I unpack that some more, you can explain your suitcase first if you wish.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

No it’s what the owners do when someone….anyone breaks the rules. YOUR OUT.

Your clueless…..you really are.

You should just shut the fuck up you ignorant hypocrite.

Squid brain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Well, isn’t it though?  It comes down to what was said, the rules and consistency with the organization enforcing them.  Also, “private”?

But, before I unpack that some more, you can explain your suitcase first if you wish.

No, it's not censorship.

Yes, Twitter is a private company. 

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

Agreed. What happened to Trump's social media platform. Wasn't it supposed to have been up and running by now? Serious question.

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

Agreed. What happened to Trump's social media platform. Wasn't it supposed to have been up and running by now? Serious question.

Well they tried to use open source software while claiming it was their own so that put a monkey wrench into things. 

Hard to believe that would happen with Trump, I know. :lol:

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

If I had to guess on that Trump show shit, The R’s are begging him to hold off.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not with section 230 it isn't.

I love it when vague, general statements are tossed out followed by a refusal to explain and debate them.  This is considered “winning” now.

”The vaccine was designed to prevent severe symptoms.”  :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There’s plenty.  But, I get it.  Best to stay out of specifics and just claim a win.  :thumbsup:

I know you think your word salad is good debate arguments, but they're not. :lol:

• Gold Member

Just ignored my Wikipedia comment too.... 

So again. 

Censorship of Twitter refers to Internet censorship by governments that block access to Twitter, or censorship by Twitter itself. Twitter censorship also includes governmental notice and take down requests to Twitter, which Twitter enforces in accordance with its Terms of Service when a government or authority submits a valid removal request to Twitter indicating that specific content (such as a tweet) is illegal in their jurisdiction.

pRiVaTe cOmPaNy ....Sure , that works with Governments..

does Freedom Sledder get Big Brother to tell them what gets deleted also? Didnt think so 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

So again. 

Censorship of Twitter refers to Internet censorship by governments that block access to Twitter, or censorship by Twitter itself. Twitter censorship also includes governmental notice and take down requests to Twitter, which Twitter enforces in accordance with its Terms of Service when a government or authority submits a valid removal request to Twitter indicating that specific content (such as a tweet) is illegal in their jurisdiction.

does Freedom Sledder get Big Brother to tell them what gets deleted also? Didnt think so 

For the simpletons, this means Twitter is a tool the government uses to suppress your 1st amendment right.  That's why its a big deal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

So again. 

So the government is or isn't forcing Twitter to remove these people? It sounds like you're arguing both. 

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I love it when vague, general statements are tossed out followed by a refusal to explain and debate them.  This is considered “winning” now.

”The vaccine was designed to prevent severe symptoms.”  :lol:

The tenth goalpost.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, SSFB said:

So the government is or isn't forcing Twitter to remove these people, because it sounds like you're arguing both. 

Our Government like most other Countries Governments 100% works with all Social Media platforms. Pretty obvious. Forcing? Probably not, incentives for pushing an agenda? Absolutely.