Check your account email address ×

Poor Karen has other issues

XCR1250

'Delta Karen': Woman arrested after mask disturbance on plane has charges in Walton County too

Tom McLaughlin, Northwest Florida Daily News
Thu, December 30, 2021, 11:00 AM

A woman arrested Dec. 23 for causing a disturbance on a plane flying between Tampa and Atlanta has at least one tie to Walton County.

Patricia Cornwall was arrested in November in Santa Rosa Beach and charged with driving under the influence. However a more recent arrest involving Cornwall has gone viral and garnered national headlines.

A report filed by the Atlanta Police Department following the plane incident said that passengers leaving Delta Flight 2790 reported that Cornwell had created a disturbance in the air that had caused injuries to fellow passengers and Delta employees.

A video shot by ATL Uncensored shows Cornwall on the plane, unmasked, engaged in a heated argument with a male passenger who is seated and also unmasked.

A ground crew member guides a Delta passenger jet into the terminal at the Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport.  As of October of this year, the airport has seen a total of 1.76 million passengers, breaking the previous record of 1.67 million for all of 2019.

A ground crew member guides a Delta passenger jet into the terminal at the Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport. As of October of this year, the airport has seen a total of 1.76 million passengers, breaking the previous record of 1.67 million for all of 2019. More

The original report: 'Sit down, Karen': Woman taken into FBI custody after mask confrontation on Delta flight

Video posted on Twitter by ATL Uncensored shows a woman standing over a fellow passenger, telling him to mask up while her own mask is pulled down below her chin.

"Sit down, Karen," the man retorts amid a slew of profanities, shouts and insults from both parties. He holds up a water bottle, saying he is "eating and drinking," when a flight attendant trying to defuse the situation tells the woman to put on her own mask.

The man is shown telling Cornwall, "You've got your mask down, b****," and Cornwall appears to slap him, then spit on him when he repeats the slur.

Following the slap, the man says several times that Cornwall will be arrested when the plane lands.

Police had responded to Hartsfield Jackson International Airport, gate A11 in response to a disturbance call involving an unruly passenger, the APD report said.

"The officers then relocated with Ms. Cornwall to the domestic Atlanta Police precinct where FBI agents responded and took custody of Ms. Cornwall. Nothing further to report at this time," the report said.

The arrest report filed by a trooper with the Florida Highway Patrol in November, lists Cornwall's home address as Los Angeles, California. She was arrested at Montclair Avenue in Walton County on Nov. 10, though, after being involved in an accident at shortly after 3 a.m.

The officer reported a strong odor of alcohol on Cornwall's breath and she denied having been in an accident.

"I had observed the defendant to have slurred speech as well as her face was flushed," the report said.

Cornwall was also charged with careless driving and failure to present a driver's license upon request. She has been ordered to appear in court on Jan. 5.

Reports say she could face charges including assault and battery in the aftermath of the airplane incident. It is also unlawful to interfere with the duties of a flight attendant.

According to national media reports on the incident, Cornwall has previously been an NFL cheerleader and an actress on the television show "Baywatch."

This article originally appeared on Northwest Florida Daily

She's well known:

The woman accused of assaulting an elderly Delta Air Lines passenger is a former TV actress with credits on Baywatch and Married… with Children, according to the Internet Movie Database.

Patricia Yannet Cornwall was charged with assault on 24 December, after a viral video appeared to show her hitting and spitting on an 80-year-old man aboard a Christmas Eve flight from Tampa to Atlanta. Ms Cornwall was arrested when the plane landed.

But according to IMDB.com, this was not Ms Cornwall’s first brush with fame. The site says she was born Patricia Yanet [sic] Breton, and took the stage name Patty Breton for her TV credits.

She allegedly appeared on Baywatch in 1989, Married... with Children in 1987, and two Playboy programmes in 1997, one of them titled Women Behaving Badly.

Also, according to records dug up by The New York Post, in the early 1990s Ms Cornwall was a cheerleader for the NFL’s Los Angeles Raiders (now Las Vegas Raiders).

But the Twitter video of Ms Cornwall on Flight 2790 may prove to be her biggest hit. As of Tuesday, the footage had racked up 8.7 million views.

On Friday, Ms Cornwall was charged with “assault by striking, beating or wounding”, a Class A misdemeanor. If found guilty, she could face up to a year in prison and a $100,000 fine.

On Monday she made her first court appearance, but has not yet made a plea. The Independent has reached out to Ms Cornwall’s lawyer for comment.

The criminal complaint against Ms Cornwall describes the altercation in lurid detail. According to a police interview with the male passenger, referred to as “RSM”, it all began with a separate argument between Ms Cornwall and a flight attendant.

“RSM stated Cornwall was returning from the restroom from the rear of the aircraft when she encountered the flight attendant and beverage cart blocking the aisle,” the document says.

The flight attendant reportedly asked Ms Cornwall to sit in another seat until beverage service was finished. At that point, Ms Cornwall allegedly responded, “What am I, Rosa Parks?”

Then the male passenger chimed in.

“RSM believed Cornwall’s comment was inappropriate,” and told her so. That’s when the two of them started arguing.

Video footage shows that at one point Ms Cornwall commanded RSM to put on a mask, even though she herself was not wearing one. Things quickly escalated.

“RSM stated he told Cornwall to ‘sit down Karen’ to which Cornwall responded, ‘sit down p****,’” the complaint continued. “Additional derogatory comments were made by both parties involved.”

The video shows Ms Cornwall and RSM hurling multiple foul-mouthed epithets at each other, and then things turn violent.

“Cornwall then struck RSM with a closed fist, striking RSM about the head, causing visible injury,” the criminal complaint says. “Cornwall then spit in RSM’s face and head area.”

After a struggle, Delta employees were eventually able to restrain Ms Cornwall and pull her away from RSM. She was arrested when they landed in Atlanta.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Honestly has children protective services been called to this fucking crazy bitchs house yet ? 

I believe her Kids are older and live in Europe.....id say its a good thing to be an ocean away from that dumb Cunt 

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

I believe her Kids are older and live in Europe.....id say its a good thing to be an ocean away from that dumb Cunt 

I wanna see the tits before I render my judgement  :lol: 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

How long ago was her car bitch session about the school  that got her on Dr Phil ? Did not think it was that long back . But time Flys 

Fuck that stupid cunt. I wish that guys wife would’ve slapped that bitch in the face. I’m not sure who these covidtards think they are but I  Swear if anyone ever tries to tell me to wear a mask I’m going to tell them to pound sand. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Fuck that stupid cunt. I wish that guys wife would’ve slapped that bitch in the face. I’m not sure who these covidtards think they are but I  Swear if anyone ever tries to tell me to wear a mask I’m going to tell them to pound sand. 

Try to get on a commercial plane without one.

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

How long ago was her car bitch session about the school  that got her on Dr Phil ? Did not think it was that long back . But time Flys 

Sounds like shes just a low rent fame whore.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Try to get on a commercial plane without one.

I’m well aware of the rule. I’m speaking of this situation where the guy was eating and there was no requirement to Wear one. Which is what makes the whole mask thing laughable. When we fly we eat or sip on a drink the entire time. Most do the same so what’s the point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I’m well aware of the rule. I’m speaking of this situation where the guy was eating and there was no requirement to Wear one. Which is what makes the whole mask thing laughable. When we fly we eat or sip on a drink the entire time. Most do the same so what’s the point. 

I would just keep drinking or look like I was.

check The American's with Disabilities Act

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Well that's not what you said: Quote " if anyone ever tries to tell me to wear a mask"

27 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Well that's not what you said: Quote " if anyone ever tries to tell me to wear a mask"

In any instance including on a plane when I’m not required to. A plane is tje only place I will Wear one and as I said i mostly don’t wear one there either

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

In any instance including on a plane when I’m not required to. A plane is tje only place I will Wear one and as I said i mostly don’t wear one there either

Most airlines will not let you board without wearing a mask and you can be kicked off if you remove it when not eating or drinking, if you start something you can be detained and later on arrested.

12 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Most airlines will not let you board without wearing a mask and you can be kicked off if you remove it when not eating or drinking, if you start something you can be detained and later on arrested.

Masks are useless.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1