Check your account email address ×

The electric sleds are here

If that 90 mile range is true, and accurate in the real world, that's just marginally less than some of the carb'd two strokes I've had.

As long as it's the same or less money as a gas sled, I bet it sells.

not looking to deal with charging a sled to ride it. line at the gas pump once in a great while, but my 180 mile day continues. too many variables needing electricity . i know the gas station can lose power. but it rarely does. then someone wrecks the connector by riding off with it attached, or just damages it. some have that knack. you get there and it says out of order. for whatever reason . or the guy ahead of you has issues, not charging , whatever , and takes forever. plus that taiga thing just looks like a chinese sled. it says range 87 miles , and charges to 80% in 20 minutes. so is 87 miles based off 80% or 100%? and what is the range at 80%? 3 guys ahead of you at the charger and it will be an hour. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm interested to see how this technology plays out. I can't see the mountain version having any appeal to mountain riders with the short range. The utility version should work great for ski hills and resorts.

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm interested to see how this technology plays out. I can't see the mountain version having any appeal to mountain riders with the short range. The utility version should work great for ski hills and resorts.

I dont think the short range will be the issue. Most of the time we drive to where we want to ride . I almost never have to use my Jerry can in a day nor do most I know. Even in the up o drive to where I want to ride park at a dead end and send it out the back of the truck  . My guess Is it is a heavy tank with the battery and that will be the issue . In time they will get better . Article days the ones made are for a fleet . My guess a yellowstone thing . Govenment contract or the like . Would be great for that 10 people following a guide at 30 mph for 2 hrs on a fresh groom . Then back to the shop for a charge for the next tour 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I dont think the short range will be the issue. Most of the time we drive to where we want to ride . I almost never have to use my Jerry can in a day nor do most I know. Even in the up o drive to where I want to ride park at a dead end and send it out the back of the truck  . My guess Is it is a heavy tank with the battery and that will be the issue . In time they will get better . Article days the ones made are for a fleet . My guess a yellowstone thing . Govenment contract or the like . Would be great for that 10 people following a guide at 30 mph for 2 hrs on a fresh groom . Then back to the shop for a charge for the next tour 

Mountain version weighs 586 lbs according to the website.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Mountain version weighs 586 lbs according to the website.

Well only about 92lbs more than a realistic ready to go go rmk . But then you loose none of that weight all day but you do get 180 hp at elevation. 

Few yrs they may be there 

It may also distribute that weight a bit diff could be good could be bad? My guess is it is better distributed with most of it being under you but who knows. So in a few yrs the search and rescue will need to haul honda inverters on the tunnel lol.