Check your account email address ×

Polaris has more to worry about than just being too tippy

Rod

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Put smaller pilots in it 

Currently debating whether to sell or not but thanks for the advice if I do keep it?

I also need to re-do my oil injection as it drinks it currently but I'm nervous about screwing it up. It's been an excellent sled to date, to be honest, so I don't want to screw that up. 

Currently snowing, around 5-10 they are calling for, so I may just keep them another year?

1 hour ago, irv said:

My 95 XLT always starts great when cold but when warm/hot, a bit of throttle while pulling it over is always required. If any choke is given at all, you're done. If you don't give it a bit of throttle from the very start and pull it over a couple/few times without, you are also done. 

Pretty much all Polaris carb sleds. :thumbs

1 hour ago, irv said:

My 95 XLT always starts great when cold but when warm/hot, a bit of throttle while pulling it over is always required. If any choke is given at all, you're done. If you don't give it a bit of throttle from the very start and pull it over a couple/few times without, you are also done. 

I can't remember but it was about 5-6 years ago when I found an old check book box full of jets and wrenches in one of my drawers.....I took it out, opened it up and reminisced about all those old times.  It hit the bottom of my trash can with a "thud".

Never again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I could get on another Polaris, but only if I got it with a 4 yr engine warranty.  I like how they handle and are screwed together.  They still need to up their accessory game though imo.

their accessory game is a poor copy.  it's why so many run doo accessories still on them.  i don't want to own either out of warranty.  thought i bought mine with a 1 planning on extending but it was 2 so i did not have to but if i keep it into the third i'll spend the 750 to extend 2 years.