Check your account email address ×

New gun control votes today

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I wonder if anyone has ever asked the FBI, NSA ect. how long they think they need to review and make a case to present to a judge to deny a suspected terrorist the right to buy a gun.

No matter what laws are passed anyone intent on killing a large number of people will find a way to do it.

If a person is willing to give up their own life there are many ways to kill a much larger number people, using things other than guns.

I think the mistaken definitions of laws have become to "protect" citizens.  They do not.  At  best they may help protect but ultimately what the law provides for (loosely) is justice;  punishment for the perpetrator and retribution for the victim.  However, if the perp could care less about the "punishment" or is willing to take his chances with the court process, the victims aren't safe and never will be.  That's where we are now I think as a nation, we are seemingly being indoctrinated as victims from birth and as victims, we are awaiting retribution and reverse protection from the government.  It's not there....it cannot be there.  Point?  Let's all stop acting like a god damned victim.  Case in point: 100 people were either shot, injured or killed in this latest "hoo-rah"....by ONE FUCKING PERSON.  ONE.  And a week later we have not heard a story of a single bar goer could muster up the courage or leadership to stop him.  Victims just accepting their fate and awaiting rescue.  Seemingly this goes more hand in hand with the Liberal side of things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Ok,

So you think all this gun control talk is just political bullshit like most of the conservatives on this site?

What I see is you,  especially you, always making every thing about one side always being right and the other always being wrong.

85% of people in this country believe we need to do something to try to prevent or make more difficult to the degree that we attacks like this from happening, you on the other hand offer no solutions just blame the other side every time and even when proven wrong never own up to it.

I do not think anyone who is absolutely committed to carrying out a terrorist act will be stopped by any gun law, but it doesn't mean we don't make it as difficult as we can for them.

Sometimes it's how things are worded.

When you  say 85% of the people agree that if you're on a no fly list you should not be able to buy guns ,that's party because when the hear no fly they also think well that means no guns also.

See what I'm saying?

Edited by Capt.Storm

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think the mistaken definitions of laws have become to "protect" citizens.  They do not.  At  best they may help protect but ultimately what the law provides for (loosely) is justice;  punishment for the perpetrator and retribution for the victim.  However, if the perp could care less about the "punishment" or is willing to take his chances with the court process, the victims aren't safe and never will be.  That's where we are now I think as a nation, we are seemingly being indoctrinated as victims from birth and as victims, we are awaiting retribution and reverse protection from the government.  It's not there....it cannot be there.  Point?  Let's all stop acting like a god damned victim.  Case in point: 100 people were either shot, injured or killed in this latest "hoo-rah"....by ONE FUCKING PERSON.  ONE.  And a week later we have not heard a story of a single bar goer could muster up the courage or leadership to stop him.  Victims just accepting their fate and awaiting rescue.  Seemingly this goes more hand in hand with the Liberal side of things.

The worst part is there are ways to kill far more people in short order if you are willing to give up your own life.

Maybe as sad as it seems we need to learn what to do if ever confronted with a situation like this rather than run away, run towards from every direction or throw chairs or whatever. I'm no expert on what to do but I'm sure there are people who know.

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This^

IMO, it's nice when all sides can converse a bit (and still take jabs from one another) without this turning into some ridiculous, ignorant political shit-show from a few that cannot help themselves.  I "ignored" somebody for the first time yesterday since I've been on any forum in ten years, and it instantly made this place better.  I guess let's not get all nuts every fucking thread if we don't have to.  Although, some craziness is always welcome...and preferred!

Edited by Zambroski
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

What I see is you,  especially you, always making every thing about one side always being right and the other always being wrong.

85% of people in this country believe we need to do something to try to prevent or make more difficult to the degree that we attacks like this from happening, you on the other hand offer no solutions just blame the other side every time and even when proven wrong never own up to it.

I do not think anyone who is absolutely committed to carrying out a terrorist act will be stopped by any gun law, but it doesn't mean we don't make it as difficult as we can for them.

What you see, is a voter who is sick of the political bullshit.  But I get on these sites and get links to bias pieces from liberals that only perpetuate one side of the argument and that just pushes me more to the other side.  Honestly, I am sick of the liberals on this planet and the bullshit that they have caused.  For once I want them to take responsibility for their stupid policies.  Normally, I like to see both sides of an argument, unfortunately, you have too many minions on this site that won't do that same thing.  This is a prime example.  You think 85% of people need to do something but so far no one will give out the poll question as to how they got to this 85%

And the bold is a flat out lie.  I have offered many solutions and if I am wrong, I admit to it.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

If you get your information only from left-leaning politimedia, you might get the impression that last night’s four votes on proposed firearms bills were sponsored by Democrats and blocked by Republicans.

The first vote was held around 6:00 PM. Republican Senator Charles Grassley’s bill to increase funding to the FBI’s NICS background check system so that the system had more accurate criminal and mental health data was blocked by Senate Democrats. It had 53 votes for it and 47 votes against it, falling short of the 60 vote majority needed because liberal Senators voted against it.

Shortly afterward, liberty-hating Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy’s attempt to force so-called “universal” background checks down the throats of American citizens was defeated on a 44-56 vote.

Democrats then conspire to shoot down a bill by Texas Senator John Cornyn that would have denied gun sales to people n terror watch lists after a three-day delay if prosecutors could make a case to a judge that the person was an actual threat. Roughly 40-percent of people on watch lists have no known ties to terrorist groups, and were placed there for absurd reasons, such as attempting to book a flight with an expired credit card. Democrats voted against this bill and kept it from passing the 60-vote threshold because it required the government to prove the person being denied their rights actually was a terror threat. The bill fell short  53-47.

Democrats then tried and failed to push their own watch list bill, which would deny the right of any American citizen to buy a gun for arbitrarily being placed on any government list, even without ties to terror groups or evidence that they’d done anything wrong. This direct assault on your constitutional right to due process was defeated 47-53.

When the media spin on these votes is stripped away and the essence of these four bills is laid bare, it’s very clear that Senate Democrats were attempting to exploit a Islamic terrorist attack by a registered Democrat (and alleged Hillary Clinton supporter) as an excuse to attack the Bill of Rights and infringe on the rights of law-abiding American citizens in order to increase government power over the citizenry and create Soviet-style lists to “unperson” Americans of their rights.

What did those evil Republicans do?

They tried to strengthen reporting to the FBI’s NICS background check system, and pass a bill that would have balanced the interests of the state in preventing terrorists from buying guns with the individual’s right to due process.

The Republican Party has largely been a clown show in recent years, but they’re far better than the increasingly Stalinist left, which drove the ACLU and NRA together in opposition to the Democrat’s Constitution-crashing attempt to allow the government to create and act upon enemies lists.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, racer254 said:

What you see, is a voter who is sick of the political bullshit.  But I get on these sites and get links to bias pieces from liberals that only perpetuate one side of the argument and that just pushes me more to the other side.  Honestly, I am sick of the liberals on this planet and the bullshit that they have caused.  For once I want them to take responsibility for their stupid policies.  Normally, I like to see both sides of an argument, unfortunately, you have too many minions on this site that won't do that same thing.  This is a prime example.  You think 85% of people need to do something but so far no one will give out the poll question as to how they got to this 85%

And the bold is a flat out lie.  I have offered many solutions and if I am wrong, I admit to it.

No you don't admit anything and were called out for it on the other site, by Webba and others. While you are less obnoxious than SR, you are the same in your hackery, only difference is he never claims to be anything but a staunch left wing liberal and doesn't apologize for being one.

100% of Americans should seek proper regulation or other means if any should exist, to minimize the possibility of more of these attacks.

Even in this response you blame liberals for all the problems and offered not one solution or idea, you just know who causes the problem.

• Like 1

I love the idea of coming together for solutions instead of division by sticking to party lines...brilliant!

Should be common sense but that seems to be lacking more and more as time passes .

Edited by Capt.Storm

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No you don't admit anything and were called out for it on the other site, by Webba and others. While you are less obnoxious than SR, you are the same in your hackery, only difference is he never claims to be anything but a staunch left wing liberal and doesn't apologize for being one.

100% of Americans should seek proper regulation or other means if any should exist, to minimize the possibility of more of these attacks.

Even in this response you blame liberals for all the problems and offered not one solution or idea, you just know who causes the problem.

What do you want a solution for?

And yes, I do believe I know who causes the problems.

Edited by racer254

10 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

:news:  any solution for this?

Chicago recorded its 300th homicide this weekend and tallied six others over a 60-hour period that saw 55 people shot, 13 fatally, from Friday afternoon through early Monday morning.

So far this year, close to 1,800 people have been shot across the city and more than 200 of those wounded have died from their wounds, according to records kept by the Chicago Tribune. A total of 306 people have been killed this year, by shooting, stabbing or other means.

5 minutes ago, Elkhorn said:

Chicago recorded its 300th homicide this weekend and tallied six others over a 60-hour period that saw 55 people shot, 13 fatally, from Friday afternoon through early Monday morning.

So far this year, close to 1,800 people have been shot across the city and more than 200 of those wounded have died from their wounds, according to records kept by the Chicago Tribune. A total of 306 people have been killed this year, by shooting, stabbing or other means.

well I wanted to give everybody money to move out then bulldoze everthing down and start over..but that idea was dissed..but look at the jobs it would create!

Somebody else wanted to build a wall ... I guess just to let them have at it and keep the innocents out,I could go that way also!

Edited by Capt.Storm

1 minute ago, Elkhorn said:

No not really. No reasonable legislation will curb this. None of those thugs are using ar-15's. They buy "hot" or recycled 1911's made out of wood for $1500 lol. How many white people get shot in so called "chicago" with 3 million white people ? very few.

if they went out and got jobs or attempted to further themselves they wouldn't have time for all this fuckery. They are just popping each other off for cash. Bet one of those thugs could be paid to shoot you for $20 or a pack of smokes no bullshit.

Lived in Illinois my entire life. Been to chi town many many times. Dont know anyone who has been shot in the "city" thats pretty rare.

Englewood... Ok  there were 2.8 Violent crimes per 1,000 people in Englewood in the past 30 days. But basically the cops dont do shit. For example i get in a fight with my neighbor and shoot his friend i am going to jail forever and theres no bones about it. In the hood they just let them shoot it out and everyone looks the other way. They should be getting these idiots off the street and sending them over to Iraq as refugees lol

3 minutes ago, Elkhorn said:

If there were enough will to stop it, it could be stopped or drastically slowed down by a huge increase in of policing the gang areas, but lets be honest no body myself included really cares that much if a bunch of gangbangers getting killed.

• Like 1

Just now, 1jkw said:

If there were enough will to stop it, it could be stopped or drastically slowed down by a huge increase in of policing the gang areas, but lets be honest no body myself included really cares that much if a bunch of gangbangers getting killed.

Time to send in the National Guard?

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

well I wanted to give everybody money to move out then bulldoze everthing down and start over..but that idea was dissed..but look at the jobs it would create!

Somebody else wanted to build a wall ... I guess just to let them have at it and keep the innocents out,I could go that way also!

In bold that is basically exactly what is happening. But than everyone uses those stats against good gun owners so it gets old too.

Dont pay them shit.. why should i fork over my money. Like i suggested send them to the desert. People who want change make change. Or... you can shoot it out in the hood for the rest of your life for $40 at a time.

1 hour ago, Capt.Storm said:

Sometimes it's how things are worded.

When you  say 85% of the people agree that if you're on a no fly list you should not be able to buy guns ,that's party because when the hear no fly they also think well that means no guns also.

See what I'm saying?

I don't think even 1% of the people think that someone on a terror or no fly list should be able to buy a gun without some (extra) scrutiny.

Just now, Wildcat said:

In bold that is basically exactly what is happening. But than everyone uses those stats against good gun owners so it gets old too.

Dont pay them shit.. why should i fork over my money. Like i suggested send them to the desert. People who want change make change. Or... you can shoot it out in the hood for the rest of your life for $40 at a time.

I used to go to key west on vacation a lot.

The homeless were staying on public land that someone wanted to buy and develop.

Long story short ..in order for it all to happen the libs made it so a shelter had to be built for the homeless ..the local gov agreed to do it if it was agreed upon that they could only stay in it overnight and not just live there full time..which I though was fucked up either way.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

I don't think even 1% of the people think that someone on a terror or no fly list should be able to buy a gun without some (extra) scrutiny.

That's not the point, you have to have due process to get on the list if you are a citizen of the US.  No one should be put on that type of list unknowingly.

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I read that 5 times and it still sounds as stupid as the first time I read it.

You put things out there in a strange  ass way..like a dem at times..spin/deflect mode...confuse.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

IMO, it's nice when all sides can converse a bit (and still take jabs from one another) without this turning into some ridiculous, ignorant political shit-show from a few that cannot help themselves.  I "ignored" somebody for the first time yesterday since I've been on any forum in ten years, and it instantly made this place better.  I guess let's not get all nuts every fucking thread if we don't have to.  Although, some craziness is always welcome...and preferred!

image.jpeg