Check your account email address ×

Maine Democrat stands alone, again, in opposing Biden bill

• Platinum Contributing Member

Democratic Rep. Jared Golden of Maine is bucking his party again, voting Friday against an expansive social and environment bill that President Joe Biden hailed as “another giant step forward” for the country.

“I don’t think people should accept things like this as the price of doing business," he told The Associated Press in an interview.

This isn't the first time Golden has stood alone, at least among Democrats, in voting against one of Biden's top priorities. He was the sole Democrat in Congress to oppose the Biden administration's $1.9 billion COVID-19 relief package in March, which he said was “too big, too fast” and contributed to creeping inflation. “I’ll stand by that vote, too,” he said.

Maine Democrat stands alone, again, in opposing Biden bill (msn.com)

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

It’s where a dozen people live according to the latest census. The rest live there incognito hiding from the gubment.

So tax dodgers then ? Is that where you went to get advice when you moved to Maine to avoid paying your fair share 

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

So tax dodgers then ? Is that where you went to get advice when you moved to Maine to avoid paying your fair share 

He lists his location here in NH. Is this not true ?

8 minutes ago, CFM said:

He lists his location here in NH. Is this not true ?

He's no Mainer. He's one of those New Hampshire assholes who has to come to Maine to recreate.

People like him get stuffed in a dirt box around here.....

And as far a Golden goes... he is in a district that Trump won... he knows where his bread is buttered.

Lol. Didn’t know we from nh are hated in Maine. Funny. Usually uf asked in maine where i’m from snd say nh they sre fine with it. MA can be a hoke nother situation. Most all my neighbors are from ma (i’m on lake winni, so mostly 2nd home owners) so when we go into ME i see that sometimes. Lolol

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

It’s where a dozen people live according to the latest census. The rest live there incognito hiding from the gubment.

Does everyone in Rangely hide from the gvmt?