Check your account email address ×

Great job Milwaukee, and a tip of the hat to Hyundai & Kia

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Why in the fuck would the TV station blurr the face of a fucking car theft in progress ? 

And props to the cops of that shithole hole city for not setting up multiple bait cars in town every night . 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Why in the fuck would the TV station blurr the face of a fucking car theft in progress ? 

And props to the cops of that shithole hole city for not setting up multiple bait cars in town every night . 

Minors would be my guess. 

Entrapment 

When I used to travel frequently all over north America and ended up in sketchy areas I would pull the 20amp fuel pump fuse and take it with me.  Cranks but won't start.  Free too.  :)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Minors would be my guess. 

Entrapment 

When I used to travel frequently all over north America and ended up in sketchy areas I would pull the 20amp fuel pump fuse and take it with me.  Cranks but won't start.  Free too.  :)

Who gives a fuck if they are minors if you are old enough to commit grand theft auto you are old enough to let the world know who you are .

And bait cars are used all over this countery every day . Just a car with a tracker on it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Who gives a fuck if they are minors if you are old enough to commit grand theft auto you are old enough to let the world know who you are .

And bait cars are used all over this countery every day . Just a car with a tracker on it 

I don't disagree.  But that's my speculation.  Some defense attorneys have claimed entrapment.  Which is also bullshit.  Hyundai and Kia should include a German Shepherd with each new car.  

8 minutes ago, toslow said:

I can’t believe quality of life had dropped so low in the states that thieves are stealing Hyundai and Kia cars 

My guess is it is a ez one to grab . Prob no digital key .

Most Crooks are lazy and go for the low hanging fruit . Why steel somthing you can acctualy make some real mone off of when all you really need is a ride to the liquor store 

• Platinum Contributing Member
57 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What other brands do they share parts with?   Camrys and Accords are stolen at a high rate because there are a lot of them and they share a bunch of components.  Easy for chop shops to sell the parts.  

Just now, Highmark said:

What other brands do they share parts with?   Camrys and Accords are stolen at a high rate because there are a lot of them and they share a bunch of components.  Easy for chop shops to sell the parts.  

I would bet over 90% end up at a impound lot after getting stashed close to where the crook had to go .

If these were theft for parts or for shipping out of the countery or title flips  they would not be Kia 

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I would bet over 90% end up at a impound lot after getting stashed close to where the crook had to go .

If these were theft for parts or for shipping out of the countery or title flips  they would not be Kia 

Cars that sell in high numbers also are involved in crashes more meaning more demand for parts.   I agree on the Kia thing however if they share parts with other brands that could be part of it. 

https://www.investopedia.com/do-you-drive-a-car-that-thieves-target-5206781

Contrary to popular belief, the vehicles that are most targeted by thieves aren't high-end luxury brands or new sports cars. Instead, they are often are older models without theft protection that are both easier to steal and desirable for parts, according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau's (NICB) latest annual auto theft report.1

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Cars that sell in high numbers also are involved in crashes more meaning more demand for parts.   I agree on the Kia thing however if they share parts with other brands that could be part of it. 

When I lived in the city I had a Mazda b2000 and a celica and a zr600 ripped off all out side my condo in uptown 

The 2 cars/truck were found after a snow emegency and one of them was taken in Aug. The other was just 2 weeks  And the bike was found 2 yrs after the fact.  Paid impound fee went back and they show me a pile of parts and a frame .shocker both cars were recovered pretty close to where Minneapolis had its bonfires last yr.  

Edited by Ez ryder

Just now, Ez ryder said:

When I lived in the city I had a Mazda b2000 and a celiac and a zr600 ripped off all out side my condo in uptown 

The 2 cars/truck were found after a snow emegency and one of them was taken in Aug. The other was just 2 weeks  And the bike was found 2 yrs after the fact.  Paid impound fee went back and they show me a pile of parts and a frame .shocker both cars were recovered pretty close to where Minneapolis had its bonfires last yr.  

No question the vast majority of stolen vehicles are for joy rides however many of the ones chosen for chop shops are done so for specific reason.   Demand for parts. 

Just now, Highmark said:

No question the vast majority of stolen vehicles are for joy rides however many of the ones chosen for chop shops are done so for specific reason.   Demand for parts. 

I mean why take a Uber or a Byrd or one of the free bike the city's have all over when you can risk a few yrs in the joint for a ride home 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Bait cars are entrapment?  :lol:

Years ago when bait cars were introduced defense attorneys tried it initially, then got squashed.  Texas was one of the first to squish the entire debate if I recall correctly. 

Apparently the lack of juvenile detention in the state is too much hassle to subdue this problem.   

5300 stolen cars is insane... 

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Years ago when bait cars were introduced defense attorneys tried it initially, then got squashed.  Texas was one of the first to squish the entire debate if I recall correctly. 

Apparently the lack of juvenile detention in the state is too much hassle to subdue this problem.   

5300 stolen cars is insane... 

Saying a bait car is entrapment is like saying leaving your garage door open is as well.   

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

What’s the statistics? Do bait cars cause a decline in auto theft? My guess is that it doesn’t produce the results to justify the expense. 

The expense of what grabbing one of the Kia out of forfeiture impond lot and slapping a tracker on it and a dash cam in a high theft part of town? What are we talking a grand or less in equipment they already own anyway 

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

The expense of what grabbing one of the Kia out of forfeiture impond lot and slapping a tracker on it and a dash cam in a high theft part of town? What are we talking a grand or less in equipment they already own anyway 

Labor costs would be the big expense. Seems like a big waste to me. 

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

https://www.investopedia.com/do-you-drive-a-car-that-thieves-target-5206781

Contrary to popular belief, the vehicles that are most targeted by thieves aren't high-end luxury brands or new sports cars. Instead, they are often are older models without theft protection that are both easier to steal and desirable for parts, according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau's (NICB) latest annual auto theft report.1

I remember 3-4 yrs ago reading that the most stolen car was a 2006 honda.

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I mean why take a Uber or a Byrd or one of the free bike the city's have all over when you can risk a few yrs in the joint for a ride home 

Few yrs? Your kidding right? More like 6-12 months probation.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Labor costs would be the big expense. Seems like a big waste to me. 

Lol a big waist to put a fucking magnet under a car and wire a cam? A fucking rookie fresh from boot could do it in a hr .  Yeah no reason to bother just keep letting the city's rot and fester . Don't give any of them any reason to think twice about anything they do . 

Working out fucking great so far 

I would bet over 70% are from the same 10 guys or less

Edited by Ez ryder