Check your account email address ×

The truth

f7ben

Here is a link to the actual ad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322383226479?ul_noapp=true

It clearly outlines payment terms

Here is every message we exchanged after the auction closed

Me - 3:51PM /  Hi Buyer , how would you like to handle payment and picking up the sled?

Buyer - 3:52PM / I'm trying to pay the hole thing now through pay pal

Buyer - 3:56PM /  Hello the item has been paid for where can I pick it up at ?

Me- 4:08PM / I got the $500 deposit , the sled is located at my home in ------------------------ insert address. When would you like to come pic it up

Buyer- 4:08PM / Tomorrow afternoon what's a good time for you

Me - 4:12PM / Will you be bringing cash for the balance owed?

Buyer - 4:13PM / Would like to use paypal

Me - 4:24PM / Sorry Buyer , I am not comfortable accepting full payment through paypal , its very easy for sellers to get royally screwed on sales by paypal.

Buyer - 4:47PM / Then I would like a refund on my deposit

Me - 5:05PM / The ad stated a deposit would be accepted through paypal. I am unwilling to accept payment via paypal. You purchased the sled , it is as described and available for you to pick up whenever you like. I will accept many forms of payment like cashiers check or bank check or money order but it will have to clear before you pick up the sled.

Buyer - 5:10PM / If you will not except full payment through paypal or refund my money backI'm contacting paypal and filing a dispute

At this point he files the dispute and my account gets frozen and funds locked down , it is evident he will not follow through with the sale and I am pissed off

Me - 7:27PM /  FYI , I will dispute your paypal claim until the very end just to keep that $500 out of your pocket as long as I can. I also have you name and address you piece of shit and I will be posting it on every snowmobile forum with this complete story and how you have tried to steal from me. You cost me a week of time and a legitimate sale on the sled

Buyer - 7:32PM /  Have a great night please do not send me any messages I'll wait till disputes are done

Me - 7:42PM /  I have started topics on every site I am a member of exposing you as a thief. Whenever anyone googles your name these will come up on the first page as hits and anyone who reads will know what you tried to pull. Karma is a bitch buyer. It will catch up with you soon I hope.

Buyer - 8:01PM /  Just because I said I wanted to do all payment through PayPal. Ok do what ever you need to that's fine . Just one question how am I a thief or a scam artist I tried to pay you through PayPal and I have no problem Paying you I just don't feel comfortable doing cash

Me - 8:45PM /  Hi Buyer , I just spoke with an ebay rep who reviewed the listing. They stated that the ad clearly lays out acceptable forms of payment for balance due after deposit and that you are likely to lose your paypal dispute. I don't want anything other than an honest sale and for you to get the sled that you bid on and won. Lets work the details out and get this done. Remove the dispute and I'll send you and invoice for the balance and I'll accept paypal as full payment. I will need you to pay the extra 2.5% charge for using paypal.

the bold part above is not verbatim as the message does not display past a few hundred character ...that is what I said though

Buyer - 9:15PM /  I'll pay the extra 2.5 percent through PayPal that's not a big deal I would really like to get this sled tomorrow and put this misunderstanding behind us 

That is the last correspondence I had with the buyer , he never removed the dispute nor did he ever respond to the invoice for the balance that I sent him ....the next contact I had from him was a text message saturday morning where he threatens me and my family if I do not pull down the thread with his info

Now fuck you slinger you piece of fucking shit

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Just FTR , I'm on Eagle Beaks side here. And I'm sure eBay and PP will be too. 

I already let it go , I refunded his money etc. For the record it seems that these people more or less just dont know how things work. I would have bet anything they were scammers but in hindsight they were just new to ebay and internet purchasing. That doesnt mean that they didnt screw me out of time and money because they did ....but I let it go.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

maybe , maybe not .....but that is exactly how the scammers act to a tee

Makes zero sense guy wanted to pick it up the next day how much cash are we talking about? Scam, scam, scam :guzzle: 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

maybe , maybe not .....but that is exactly how the scammers act to a tee

If he was coming to get the sled he could have brought cash, and used his credit card to get the cash if he didn't have it, too many scam artists out there better to be rid of him.

Just now, 1jkw said:

If he was coming to get the sled he could have brought cash, and used his credit card to get the cash if he didn't have it, too many scam artists out there better to be rid of him.

I gave him every opportunity there to use many means of payment if he didnt want to do cash .....as soon as he figured out no paypal he filed the dispute. That screams of scam

• Like 1

I like how you called the guy a piece of shit. He is clearly a scammer and a thief. He backed out as soon as you didnt go along with his plan and filed a dispute before there was one.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I like how you called the guy a piece of shit. He is clearly a scammer and a thief. He backed out as soon as you didnt go along with his plan and filed a dispute before there was one.

It screamed scam ....but not to slinger :lol:

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

clearly.....

:lmao:

any comment on the link to the ad that shows payment terms you fucking retard .....sweet fuck you couldnt look anymore retarded if you tried. You just mope around interjecting yourself into shit you know nothing about. I have sold literally hundreds of thousands of dollars of snowmobile shit online ......but you know better than me :lol: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I gave him every opportunity there to use many means of payment if he didnt want to do cash .....as soon as he figured out no paypal he filed the dispute. That screams of scam

Yep, sure it was a scam.   You could maybe feel a little different if he was having it shipped and was afraid it might not look as good in person, but picking it up he could see first hand, it was a scam.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

any comment on the link to the ad that shows payment terms you fucking retard .....sweet fuck you couldnt look anymore retarded if you tried. You just mope around interjecting yourself into shit you know nothing about. I have sold literally hundreds of thousands of dollars of snowmobile shit online ......but you know better than me :lol: 

He is a stupid fucking moron, that's for sure 

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

so you ended up sayin you'd take paypal after all, after you knew it was a scam? then come in here and feed everyone a bunch of BS. LMFAO.

No you fucking retard ....I wanted to be able to lock up his full payment for as long as I could. I had already listed the sled for sale again and sent second chance offers . Fuck me are you a retard

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

clearly.....

:lmao:

Slinger, 

Tell us what you think about the payment details on the link of the ebay ad.

After all, you thought it was an "owned" when the buyer showed a picture that made it look like Bhen was lying about the methods accepted for full payment.

:snack:

Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

He is a stupid fucking moron, that's for sure 

Just the dumbest motherfucker ever ......he jumps in with "gotcha" and then when showed to be wrong moves on to his next owning. Fucking idiot

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Slinger, 

Tell us what you think about the payment details on the link of the ebay ad.

After all, you thought it was an "owned" when the buyer showed a picture that made it look like Bhen was lying about the methods accepted for full payment.

:snack:

dont forget fat stupid fucking cunt Lilly

6 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yep, sure it was a scam.   You could maybe feel a little different if he was having it shipped and was afraid it might not look as good in person, but picking it up he could see first hand, it was a scam.

Actually, shipping the sled would be a bigger warning sign of a scam than a local pickup. 

Scammers don't want the purchaser to see their face. 

They use this tactic all the time saying they are in a foreign country and can't pickup locally but that they will send you a check(which is fake) and have you ship the sold item to an address, which could be anywhere.