Check your account email address ×

Sec. Mayorkas says border crisis 'unsustainable' and 'we're going to lose' in leaked audio

6 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

They are, Lake Chapala has been almost completely taken over by Canadians, Guadalajara has a large suburb that is mostly Americans and I've met several Europeans living there, all for the same reason as I stated above, that along with the low cost of living, I'd guess 25% of the people I work with have their permanent residence in Mexico or other Central American countries. What isn't commonly know is Guadalajara is becoming a hotspot for medical treatment, they aren't held back by the constraints of our insurance system and have probably some of the most modern hospitals.

So all those reports of Mexico being a shithole are false? Another trump lie? 

15 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

So all those reports of Mexico being a shithole are false?  

Yes they're false, but please keep believing it because I don't think they'd want people like you down there. I'm also getting the feeling you have no real life experiences and all you know is what your chosen media tells you to believe. Get out live a little, from a billionaires prospective it may not have the glamor they're used too, but for the average person, I know I'd live better in Mexico than in the States. I've said for many years it's a shame the American Dream is shifting to moving out of the country.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Funny how many think that Mexico has only fat women and men wearing sombreros with kids singing La Bamba.

Mexico has some of the most Beautiful women in the world. They did get a little chubby when they became infatuated with soft serve Ice cream the third year I was there, but that fad has died.   😂😂

2 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Yes they're false, but please keep believing it because I don't think they'd want people like you down there. I'm also getting the feeling you have no real life experiences and all you know is what your chosen media tells you to believe. Get out live a little, from a billionaires prospective it may not have the glamor they're used too, but for the average person, I know I'd live better in Mexico than in the States. I've said for many years it's a shame the American Dream is shifting to moving out of the country.

I delivered a 2001 American Cruiser w/23,000 miles to a nice couple in Chihuahua in May. Both work for Ford. 

6 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

:lol:  comparing specific expat areas to the whole of Mexico  SMH.  like any third world country there are places where the rich (or relative rich retirees ) can live great lives but to say thats the norm is fucking idiotic

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:  comparing specific expat areas to the whole of Mexico  SMH.  like any third world country there are places where the rich (or relative rich retirees ) can live great lives but to say thats the norm is fucking idiotic

The big coastal cities and their news and govt officials do that with rest of our country….you only know what you know and think you know.

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I loved partying in Juarez during the late “70’s. Won’t go there now. Yikes. When the wind is right you can smell it in El Paso. Juarez has a very unique odor 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

1 minute ago, CFM said:

The big coastal cities and their news and govt officials do that with rest of our country….you only know what you know and think you know.

The cartels keep vacation areas relatively safe in Mexico. They own a lot of it. Violence is bad for business. 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

There are plenty of people living thru out Mexico, the people I work with have all bought water front property because it used to be an incredible deal, the place I almost bought was in Zapopan, more a central part of the city, but to think people are only buying in hotspots of Americans is idiotic, but they do make it very easy to arrange living in those areas but the cost is considerably more than living elsewhere. If you want to find a decent place to live away from americanized suburbs you need to spent time there, other than those areas it's more difficult to buy property. 

5 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

There are plenty of people living thru out Mexico, the people I work with have all bought water front property because it used to be an incredible deal, the place I almost bought was in Zapopan, more a central part of the city, but to think people are only buying in hotspots of Americans is idiotic, but they do make it very easy to arrange living in those areas but the cost is considerably more than living elsewhere. If you want to find a decent place to live away from americanized suburbs you need to spent time there, other than those areas it's more difficult to buy property. 

Safe travel of a random nature throughout Mexico isn’t possible. Anyone that lives or travels there understands that there are no go zones for both rural and population centers. 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Safe travel of a random nature throughout Mexico isn’t possible. Anyone that lives or travels there understands that there are no go zones for both rural and population centers. 

Only within a 100 miles of the border, and even that has mellowed out. I spent 2 months this spring working in Alpine Texas and spent most of my days off in Mexico and Big Bend. You're still living in the 70's and 80's.

Edited by airflite1

1 minute ago, airflite1 said:

Only within a 100 miles of the border, and even that has mellowed out. I spent 2 months this spring working in Alpine Texas and spent most of my days off in Mexico and Big Bend. You're still living in the 70's and 80's.

I wintered in Juarez for almost 6 months during “79-“80. Never once felt threatened. I won’t set foot in that city today. Especially after dark. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I wintered in Juarez for almost 6 months during “79-“80. Never once felt threatened. I won’t set foot in that city today. Especially after dark. 

I bet it's safer now than in the 80's. But if you really want to enjoy Mexico you need to travel South, the border towns are too Americanized.

6 minutes ago, CFM said:

Thanks Aurflite, here is a good article on the area for the rest if us:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_10558960

Good memories, one memory that stands out, I talked a lot about Wisconsin fish Frys so some friends took me to Chapala for Fish fry on the board walk, as I was munching away on what looked like fish sticks in hot sauce I took a closer look and it turned out to be fried Minnows.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

I bet it's safer now than in the 80's. But if you really want to enjoy Mexico you need to travel South, the border towns are too Americanized.

It’s not safer for the individuals coming across the border. Most are fleeing drug violence. They come as families because dad or son has refused recruitment by the cartel to be a mule or worker bee. If a person does that then the cartel will hunt down the  person and their families. You do understand that’s how it works, right? 

20 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s not safer for the individuals coming across the border. Most are fleeing drug violence. They come as families because dad or son has refused recruitment by the cartel to be a mule or worker bee. If a person does that then the cartel will hunt down the  person and their families. You do understand that’s how it works, right? 

An over exaggeration, I did visit orphanages that had high security protecting kids from Cartels and coyotes to be used in immigration scams, but mostly for farm labor, it's rare but generally it's someone that has had previous interactions with the Cartels or street kids. The really bad people just fly across the border and as easy as it is to cross the border for shopping going either way, I struggle with peoples choice to hire Coyotes to lead them across the desert. It sounds like you need to get away from your liberal media and visit Mexico again, a lot has changed in the last 40-50 years. Most people coming across illegally now are looking for a hand out.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Why are the Mexicans fleeing their country? Main reason is violence. The violence is fed by drug trafficking. Who’s their main customer? 

Democrats/liberals…

1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

An over exaggeration, I did visit orphanages that had high security protecting kids from Cartels and coyotes to be used in immigration scams, but mostly for farm labor, it's rare but generally it's someone that has had previous interactions with the Cartels or street kids. The really bad people just fly across the border and as easy as it is to cross the border for shopping going either way, I struggle with peoples choice to hire Coyotes to lead them across the desert. It sounds like you need to get away from your liberal media and visit Mexico again, a lot has changed in the last 40-50 years. Most people coming across illegally now are looking for a hand out.

The cartels hold on government and the citizens have increased. So has their profits and ability to move product. Two occurrences have happened in the last four years. China’s cooperation with cartel operations in providing chemical precursors for fentanyl production and the regular and steady production of fentanyl analogues. That has quadrupled profit margins. The couple I spoke about have to pay a monthly “protection fee” to cartel affiliates if they wish to continue to work at the Ford plant. A very common occurrence. As for the violence occurring near the border? Of course it does. That’s where the majority of the population and corporations are. The cartels and their affiliates own Mexico. They operate with impunity throughout the country. No one in Mexico is beyond their reach. To think otherwise is simply ridiculous. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I loved partying in Juarez during the late “70’s. Won’t go there now. Yikes. When the wind is right you can smell it in El Paso. Juarez has a very unique odor 

I willing to bet every border city is now crime infested.