Check your account email address ×

Thank you no thank you.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Remember the early months of the pandemic?  HC workers were renting RV's and quarantining themselves from their families for months.  Now...fuck 'em.Screenshot_20210730-130236_TikTok.thumb.jpg.7b859789119f2cff486dc4fc61d029ad.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Remember the early months of the pandemic?  HC workers were renting RV's and quarantining themselves from their families for months.  Now...fuck 'em.Screenshot_20210730-130236_TikTok.thumb.jpg.7b859789119f2cff486dc4fc61d029ad.jpg

My wife, who happens to be an RN, showed me this yesterday. She couldn't comment on it on fakebook without risking disciplinary action from here employer so I had her send it to me. Beat me to it. Bullshit how the narrative changes.........

Alright, I'll bite. I generally avoid these types of topics here, because fake news is a "no win".....

In general, there is a huge shortage of frontline healthcare workers- speaking from first hand experience. There are very few areas where healthcare workers are unneeded. If you have a pulse, we'll put you to work. If someone really wants to work, there's a spot for them. Just like in the general population, there are healthcare workers that try to manipulate the system to their advantage. It's easy to stand up, and have someone take a pic for Facebook with no context or date/time, and apply a headline that meets your agenda. As we've learned lately, people will believe anything. And there's nothing you can do to argue the point with them.   

There are some specialties that have seen reduced need.... and if nurses are unwilling to cross train, they can find themselves with limited opportunities. Example: If you're a Dermatology RN and unwilling to cross train to another area, it might be tough to find work for you to do. Otherwise, there is a huge nationwide shortage of front line workers in acute care settings. 

20201119_100233.jpg

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Yep.  I’ll spend my time supporting the Chicago’s teachers unions.  :lol:

58 minutes ago, Snake said:

Perfect example of the democrat party, use then throw away.....

mhm.