Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Sawmill Racing  was 22nd for the week and now up to 91 for the season.

The Easy Pickin' team was 31st but that was enough to stretch my lead over the wife to 27 points. 3rd place is 66 points back.

Only a couple more races to half way and I win $50. I'll be using up my good drivers I have left but I want the $50....:rockernana:

Hell yeah...have to go for it! 
I wanted to use Larson yesterday but I’ve maxed him out already. 😂

The SRX Race from Stafford was pretty damn good last night...local racer Doug Coby won the 100 lap main feature...very cool.👊🏻🇺🇸

Tim Richmond was great...now this is how you celebrate a win!🤣👍🏼🇺🇸

If a driver did this today they would run him out of the sport and make him attend sensitivity classes.🤣

Also notice how the other gals are laughing as well...harmless fun.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The SRX Race from Stafford was pretty damn good last night...local racer Doug Coby won the 100 lap main feature...very cool.👊🏻🇺🇸

No racing here in Locktario. The local track I usually head to was sold last fall and the new owners have invested good money into updates. They hope to run a race on June 26th but it doesn't look like they will be allowed to put fans in the stands until well into summer.

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I watched some of that. Was fun

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

No racing here in Locktario. The local track I usually head to was sold last fall and the new owners have invested good money into updates. They hope to run a race on June 26th but it doesn't look like they will be allowed to put fans in the stands until well into summer.

Well that sucks...these SRX Races are on CBS the next 5 Saturday nights. Next week is Knoxville Iowa and then Eldora...both dirt tracks.👍🏼🇺🇸

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've seen a few local tracks being sold/resold and good money being invested into them by the new owners. 

It is really nice to see.

I have an idea of what I'd do if I ever found myself in that situation, but I just don't have 7 or 8 figures to do it my way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

My buddy is racing motocross at Gopher dune's today. It's close to Tillsonburg. I don't think any fan's are allowed in. Also you can't visit other racer's pit's, you have to stay at your own.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 8:30 AM, racinfarmer said:

I've seen a few local tracks being sold/resold and good money being invested into them by the new owners. 

It is really nice to see.

I have an idea of what I'd do if I ever found myself in that situation, but I just don't have 7 or 8 figures to do it my way.

best way to make a small fortune on a race track is to start with a large one.   i am sure there are pockets where local tracks can do well but unless they have 1-2 large events that cover the years nut I see very few cars the other nights and can't see how they would survive buying at todays land values. 

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

best way to make a small fortune on a race track is to start with a large one.   i am sure there are pockets where local tracks can do well but unless they have 1-2 large events that cover the years nut I see very few cars the other nights and can't see how they would survive buying at todays land values. 

I have an idea in my head and it would be a cross between about 4 different track, but would have grandstands on each side of the track (one side covered) and tailgating around both sets of corners.  Pits on the outside.

At the end of the day though, the track surface and the driver & fan experience drive success.

And the dry-slick fanboys can suck it.

In 1951, the first year for car racing, it was a dirt track. No racing in 1952 but in 1953 it was paved and races were held until 1963 when the local council said no more license due to noise complaints.

2BB8D5F3-E1B1-44D8-B1EC-53909ADF747A.thumb.jpeg.77c7e3e05f2fcc585f8b5ff3ddeb3398.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I opened an old guy’s pool this spring and he said if I liked racing I might like some of the pictures he had. He dropped off copies today.

B7F3D8E4-5F94-4B5A-8AC7-4FCCD79883EB.thumb.jpeg.13d77a3551615d95a9ca367366ee7d36.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ckf said:

Has anyone seen this week's Dale Jr Podcast? Mr Excitement himself, Jimmy Spenser is the guest.

I listened to part 1 on Wednesday....it was great. Part 2 next week.👍🏼🇺🇸

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I listened to part 1 on Wednesday....it was great. Part 2 next week.👍🏼🇺🇸

I watched a segment on YouTube yesterday. Lots of good old stories. I liked the one where senior paid him $9k to practice and qualify his car at Indy when senior was at an IROC race.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I watched a segment on YouTube yesterday. Lots of good old stories. I liked the one where senior paid him $9k to practice and qualify his car at Indy when senior was at an IROC race.

That was a good story..I also had no idea how tight he and Bill France Jr. were.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Newman Stenhouse Elliot

Post qualifying change up.

Logano, Byron, Elliot

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Post qualifying change up.

Logano, Byron, Elliot

I didn’t see what happened during qualifying so no changes here.

Byron to the back...SMH

Edited by Jimmy Snacks