Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

57 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The 2 deaths were only 8 weeks apart and the accidents were very similar. Both hit the turn 3 wall, both suffered fractured skulls and died on impact. In both cases it was suspected the throttle hung wide open. Nascar mandated the steering wheel kill switch immediately after but didn't bring in the Hans device until Earnhardt died the following spring.

That was a bad year.

I was at the one restrictor plate race a NHMS after Adam's death. Talk about a snooze fest. I think Jeff Burton led every single lap.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That was fast.

I think the requirement was to negative tests 24 hours apart, or something like that. 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He'd be 40 years old  now.

Interesting to speculate on just how good he might have been and how it would have affected Nascar to have a Petty in the top tier.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Keselowski, Amirola, Blaney

I need to make my picks..Truck Race was on last night and they made it through stage 2 and then the rain came so they called it...think today is supposed to be clear. 

Made it home to watch the finish.

Fantastic win for Cole Custer. Beats the best in a 2 lap shoot out.

have watched much out here this year.

B08718E7-8141-42EC-A861-53FA37086DB1.thumb.jpeg.28391a5016395780d645c2c3d45d1bf6.jpeg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Made it home to watch the finish.

Fantastic win for Cole Custer. Beats the best in a 2 lap shoot out.

have watched much out here this year.

B08718E7-8141-42EC-A861-53FA37086DB1.thumb.jpeg.28391a5016395780d645c2c3d45d1bf6.jpeg

Nice spot...I had to run out so I missed the finish but they are replaying the race right now. Good for the rookie Custer...nice to see some different names winning and in the top 10 even if I didn’t pick any of them.🤣

Nice top tens for Reddick and C Bell.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ckf said:

I read a similar article earlier this morning. It will be fun to see Stewart behind the wheel of a stockcar again.

Absolutely and he’s one of those guys that brings credibility to any series because he is such a pure racer and will wheel pretty much anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

Looks like Michael McDowell isn't a fan of all the positive media attention Bubba Wallace has been getting...

Haha...yeah he got him good.

image.thumb.png.fc62324a8606522c6c9f3f29c445c712.png

The Cup Series cars competing in Wednesday night’s All-Star Race at the Tennessee track will be featuring the kind of underglow lighting that was popular when “The Fast and the Furious” film series debuted almost two decades ago. Fox Sports even used an edited clip from the movie to promote its broadcast of the race.