Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

5 hours ago, ckf said:

It doesn't look like it's going back green anytime soon. Sucks because it's raining here too so it's a good day to watch the entire race.

I live 35 min NW of that track. Bad storms came through. 65 mph winds and heavy rain.

NASCAR’s highest paid drivers

The days of the $10 million driver salary are just about done (Jimmie Johnson is the last remaining one, according to multiple sources). Salaries for new drivers are typically six figures with only a handful of drivers earning more than $4 million in base salary.

The 10 top-earning drivers made $116 million combined last year from salaries, endorsements and their share of race winnings and licensing revenue. The total is off 36% from a decade ago (46% adjusted for inflation). In addition to lower salaries, the downturn in licensing earnings and endorsements for the new crop of drivers has been steep.

Johnson is Nascar’s highest-paid driver for the second time in three years. He earned $17.5 million in 2018 by Forbes’ count from his Hendrick Motorsports salary and his cut of winnings and licensing. His earnings also include personal endorsements with the likes of Chevrolet, Gatorade and Seiko.

Johnson’s $17.5 million tally last year is half of what Earnhardt earned a decade prior as the highest-paid Nascar driver.

See the list of top 10 drivers are Forbes.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

2nd for the week, jumped 8 spots to 31st on the season.

I know you guys no longer mention him but Can Am Kid is sitting in 17th.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ckf said:

NASCAR’s highest paid drivers

By
Scott Page July 1, 2019 at 3:26 PM

The days of the $10 million driver salary are just about done (Jimmie Johnson is the last remaining one, according to multiple sources). Salaries for new drivers are typically six figures with only a handful of drivers earning more than $4 million in base salary.

The 10 top-earning drivers made $116 million combined last year from salaries, endorsements and their share of race winnings and licensing revenue. The total is off 36% from a decade ago (46% adjusted for inflation). In addition to lower salaries, the downturn in licensing earnings and endorsements for the new crop of drivers has been steep.

Johnson is Nascar’s highest-paid driver for the second time in three years. He earned $17.5 million in 2018 by Forbes’ count from his Hendrick Motorsports salary and his cut of winnings and licensing. His earnings also include personal endorsements with the likes of Chevrolet, Gatorade and Seiko.

Johnson’s $17.5 million tally last year is half of what Earnhardt earned a decade prior as the highest-paid Nascar driver.

See the list of top 10 drivers are Forbes.

I think we all assumed that the money had dried up after 2008. I'm actually surprised that Jimmie is still making close to $20m considering he hasn't been pocketing victory money the last 2 years.

I wonder what Indy car drivers are making these days.

Edited by Blackstar

8 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Back up to fourth. But doubt I can pull 11/2 cash with who I have left.

You never know, Daytona is always a crap shoot.

Damn it. Forgot it was Daytona. The old lady and I always watch it by the pool. I haven't had time to move the TV yet.

Just now, Blackstar said:

Damn it. Forgot it was Daytona. The old lady and I always watch it by the pool. I haven't had time to move the TV yet.

Well you've got some time with the rain....last year for the July Daytona race as well. Starting next year it will be in August and the last race before the playoffs begin. 

11 minutes ago, small-bore said:

Hey Jim who's that guy with the grey beard with Kyle petty right now?.

Dale Jarrett.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Latest Race News

Green flag tonight is scheduled for 7:48pm/et.  However, more showers are in the Daytona Beach area, so delays could be likely.

• Thanks 1