Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

CFK , I may have fucked up and put my picks on yours

I take a look and fix it if you did. I haven't done my picks yet anyway.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

OMG.. look at the crowd for this Xfinity Race.

That is embarrassing...WTF.

It is only 36 degrees there...they aren't used to that.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

34 degrees with a wind out of the NW at 19mph. I'm sure that it's pretty chilly for those southerners to be in the stands with temps like that.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is embarrassing...WTF.

It is only 36 degrees there...they aren't used to that.

Yep, too cold to drink beer in the stands.

• Haha 1

sept race was always the better one for weather.  i haven't been since fall of 08 gave up my seats a year before that as I ended up sitting  with CKF instead the last few times i went and it was no longer easy getting rid of seats  

31 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Ive bought em roadside for the last 10 yrs. Too many rain days. Or its 100 degrees. Wife didn't even want to go to either last yr.

The newness wears of after a while.

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

sept race was always the better one for weather.  i haven't been since fall of 08 gave up my seats a year before that as I ended up sitting  with CKF instead the last few times i went and it was no longer easy getting rid of seats  

I still can't believe you made it to your seat that morning that you downed 20oz of Captain Morgans during the breakfast tailgate festivities :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

It was the weed mixed with the booze that did me in. I can handle one or the other the combo never works out well 

I'm sure it was shitty weed :lol:  I made a batch of brownies yesterday that kicked my ass. I hadn't made them in a long time and wasn't expecting them to be as strong as they were. I cut the rest of them up in to much smaller pieces. The only reason I made them is because Barry brought up some weed infused maple syrup that Jeremy made that was pretty good.

Can you buy it in ME or MA yet?

Just now, ckf said:

I'm sure it was shitty weed :lol:  I made a batch of brownies yesterday that kicked my ass. I hadn't made them in a long time and wasn't expecting them to be as strong as they were. I cut the rest of them up in to much smaller pieces. The only reason I made them is because Barry brought up some weed infused maple syrup that Jeremy made that was pretty good.

Can you buy it in ME or MA yet?

not in ME but MA is right around the corner.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

not in ME but MA is right around the corner.  

I'm sure there will be something close by when they do. Maybe Saugus?

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Kurt Busch, Kansas Clint and JJ

All good picks. I thought about going with JJ, but the Chevy teams haven't really got a handle on the new Camaro ZL1.

• Like 1

Here's a photo from Big Bigelows column in this weeks CALEDONIA RECORD, of St Johnsbury VT. It's from the 60's when they raced the flathead coupes around Vt. Nice safety equipment!!! I remember these at Barre's Thunder Road, the smell of rubber was addicting.

IMG_1995.JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sael said:

Here's a photo from Big Bigelows column in this weeks CALEDONIA RECORD, of St Johnsbury VT. It's from the 60's when they raced the flathead coupes around Vt. Nice safety equipment!!! I remember these at Barre's Thunder Road, the smell of rubber was addicting.

IMG_1995.JPG

My FIL is rebuilding one of those flathead coups. It used to run at some track around here, but I can't remember where. It wasn't Thunder Road.

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

My FIL is rebuilding one of those flathead coups. It used to run at some track around here, but I can't remember where. It wasn't Thunder Road.

Devils bowl?

Just now, DAVE said:

Devils bowl?

I really can't remember. I'll ask him next time I see him. He has the motor all done ans sitting in the middle of his gun shop. Still a lot to do on the body and frame.