*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

35 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That would a great race to see....Italians love F1.:thumbsup:

Of course most Europeans do as well. 

I find f1 kinda boring...but I like nascar the best on road courses. :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DAVE said:

I find f1 kinda boring...but I like nascar the best on road courses. :dunno:

The starts  are the best part and then........snnnnnooooooooozzzzzzzeeeeerrrrrr.

Yep road courses, Daytona and Talladega.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The starts  are the best part and then........snnnnnooooooooozzzzzzzeeeeerrrrrr.

Ya the starts are great.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was thinking more like Watkins glen and Sonoma.

38 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I never understood why Pocono had 2 races. Its rarely an interesting race. The track is just goofy.

I understand the Detroit deal for Michigan but 2 races at a boring track that often rewards fuel economy is anti-redneck.

Not that I think track changes will save the sport but WTF, let's try all kind's a shit to make it interesting for those who are loyal for as long as they stay.

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I was thinking more like Watkins glen and Sonoma.

My post was a bit confusing ....I meant both of those and Daytona and Talladega are the only races I really enjoy.:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I never understood why Pocono had 2 races. Its rarely an interesting race. The track is just goofy.

I understand the Detroit deal for Michigan but 2 races at a boring track that often rewards fuel economy is anti-redneck.

Not that I think track changes will save the sport but WTF, let's try all kind's a shit to make it interesting for those who are loyal for as long as they stay.

Come on....The Tricky Triangle has a certain ring to it! :lol:

Agreed on Michigan......Boooooorrrrrriiiinnnggg.

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I went to PA once , never went back. The stands are not steep enough and all one can see is rooftops until cars are at the opposite side of the track .

38 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My post was a bit confusing ....I meant both of those and Daytona and Talladega are the only races I really enjoy.:thumbsup:

I don't really like restrictor plate racing. I would prefer a chicain put in to slow then down then a plate.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Was it my spelling of chicane or the concept that got the confused emoji?

For me it was the shirt you are wearing. :lol:

I like live Nascar because of the spectacle that it is but its pretty boring racing for the most part.  Ive been to the phoenix race, the dallas race, the vegas race and the chicago race all within the last 3 years. Phoenix and vegas multiple times in the last 3 years. The event is fun but the racing is just too clean. Almost nothing happens. 

I plan to go to Datona someday soon and try to hit some of the famous east coast tracks too.  Watkins Glen would be fun too  

I have never watched a Nascar race on TV. A few minutes sure but never more that a dozen laps or so of any given race. 

We are headed to the Monster Jam world finals tonight at Sam Boyds Stadium. Ive never been to Monster Jam. Im thinking this will be fun. 

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I like live Nascar because of the spectacle that it is but its pretty boring racing for the most part.  Ive been to the phoenix race, the dallas race, the vegas race and the chicago race all within the last 3 years. Phoenix and vegas multiple times in the last 3 years. The event is fun but the racing is just too clean. Almost nothing happens. 

I plan to go to Datona someday soon and try to hit some of the famous east coast tracks too.  Watkins Glen would be fun too  

I have never watched a Nascar race on TV. A few minutes sure but never more that a dozen laps or so of any given race. 

We are headed to the Monster Jam world finals tonight at Sam Boyds Stadium. Ive never been to Monster Jam. Im thinking this will be fun. 

You will like monster jam...they can really open up there at that big venue..

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Was it my spelling of chicane or the concept that got the confused emoji?

More like befuddlement as to why you would ruin those tracks with a chicane. :lol:

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Because they are more boring then baseball.

I think the tight pack racing and drafting for the whole race is exciting....the 1.5 mile track bullshit is lame.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think the tight pack racing and drafting for the whole race is exciting....the 1.5 mile track bullshit is lame.

I agree jim.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The best part of the 1.5 mile tracks is the almost 190mph speeds. Its pretty cool seeing 30+ cars come by you at full song and flat out.