Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, BOHICA said:

Looks like kahne crossed the last restart line first...  his back was just jacked up by Hamlin and couldn't put down the power. Choppers didn't jump the restart.

either way kahne isn't good enough to be in the chase so hopefully doesn't get the win.

Maybe and he is good enough....just in a slump. Would be nice to see Roger Penske get his first Brickyard 400 win.

Edited by Biggie Smails

4 hours ago, ckf said:

I don't think I've ever watched a cup race at Hickory, but wouldn't mind seeing them bring back Nort Wilksboro or Rockingham :bc:

Saw the fall races in '95 & '96 @ The Rock. I'm pretty sure '96 was when Mikey smoked the water barrels w/ the Pennzoil Pontiac.

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I dont think ticket prices have gone up much in the last 10 years.

I think Nascar has just lost a chunk of its crowd as the times have changed. The older folks have left and the younger ones are not picking up the slack because they just don't care about racing or cars in general.

Monster Energy is an attempt to appeal to a younger crowd.

I don't think the seating @ IMS in the straights is that great for watching a race. Mind you the corners looked pretty thin. How is the attendance for the 500?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

I don't think the seating @ IMS in the straights is that great for watching a race. Mind you the corners looked pretty thin. How is the attendance for the 500?

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

How many would have though that Chip Ganassi would have 2 cars solidly in the top 10?

I had to chuckle watching the '82 Indy start clip. I think Chip was a rookie that year. LOL

7 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Thanks for posting that. Our seats were closer to Turn 4, so the crash was almost in front of us (just to our left).

15 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Saw the fall races in '95 & '96 @ The Rock. I'm pretty sure '96 was when Mikey smoked the water barrels w/ the Pennzoil Pontiac.

I remember that race :bc:

14 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I had to chuckle watching the '82 Indy start clip. I think Chip was a rookie that year. LOL

I think you are correct about that...he has been around the race game for quite awhile.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

I think you are correct about that...he has been around the race game for quite awhile.

I'm only saying that because I'm sure (R) was beside his name. LOL Mind you in those days, we saw more of the Indy scene than NASCAR on TV. I do recall following the Cup results in the Monday edition of the Toronto Sun starting around '79 or '80Full rundown & they didn't call it the 'Michigan 400' when Miller beer sponsored the race.

11 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I'm only saying that because I'm sure (R) was beside his name. LOL Mind you in those days, we saw more of the Indy scene than NASCAR on TV. I do recall following the Cup results in the Monday edition of the Toronto Sun starting around '79 or '80Full rundown & they didn't call it the 'Michigan 400' when Miller beer sponsored the race.

When I was a kid in the late 70's I always watched the Indy 500 and didn't really know about NASCAR.

21 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

When I was a kid in the late 70's I always watched the Indy 500 and didn't really know about NASCAR.

Same here.