Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

No! :lol:

At least you are consistent. Although you have disappointed me in keeping the same sled for so long :wtf:      :lol:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ckf said:

At least you are consistent. Although you have disappointed me in keeping the same sled for so long :wtf:      :lol:

Not for a lack of trying I assure you!

Think they could lop their ticket prices by a quarter or a third to get fans back in the stands?

Quick thinking on my end says possibly, but probably not because of the cost of everything away from the track on a race weekend (hotel, parking, etc.).

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Think they could lop their ticket prices by a quarter or a third to get fans back in the stands?

Quick thinking on my end says possibly, but probably not because of the cost of everything away from the track on a race weekend (hotel, parking, etc.).

Possibly but not even sure that would help....I just think the fan base is shrinking as the fans from  the 80's, 90's and early 2000's are not being replaced by new younger fans. Not sure what the answer to that is.

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Possibly but not even sure that would help....I just think the fan base is shrinking as the fans from  the 80's, 90's and early 2000's are not being replaced by new younger fans. Not sure what the answer to that is.

Its all Jimmie Johnsons fault...he made Cup boring.

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I dont think ticket prices have gone up much in the last 10 years.

I think Nascar has just lost a chunk of its crowd as the times have changed. The older folks have left and the younger ones are not picking up the slack because they just don't care about racing or cars in general.

Monster Energy is an attempt to appeal to a younger crowd.

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

Its all Jimmie Johnsons fault...he made Cup boring.

Don't blame the GOAT.

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

They just replayed Lajoies crash and god god the place is even more empty than I thought....wow.

Dismal crowd but this is not a track I'd spend my money at either.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think Nascar has just lost a chunk of its crowd as the times have changed. The older folks have left and the younger ones are not picking up the slack because they just don't care about racing or cars in general.

Yep and hopefully Monster draws them in.

12 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yep and hopefully Monster draws them in.

I dont see it.

Maybe Logan Lucky will bring them to the track.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Supply and demand guys.It's time to cut back on the schedule and limit each track to one race a year.

Bring back N Wilksboro The Rock...Hickory...have a race or races at a dirt track.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

My boss used to go to Daytona every year with his buddies. He stopped going when they put in a requirement that they buy a ticket package that included all the races on speed week in order for them to keep the seats they held for years. I guess they had to extort fans into the stands.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Bring back N Wilksboro The Rock...Hickory...have a race or races at a dirt track.

I don't think I've ever watched a cup race at Hickory, but wouldn't mind seeing them bring back Nort Wilksboro or Rockingham :bc:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ckf said:

I don't think I've ever watched a cup race at Hickory, but wouldn't mind seeing them bring back Nort Wilksboro or Rockingham :bc:

Not likely...think 71 was the last yr.

• Like 1

Well I just got back from walking the dog and was thinking about this fan issue and what strikes me is that younger kids, teens and twentysomethings are more into MotoX, Rally Racing, etc....than they are NASCAR. While I realize there are local short tracks where kids can race cars it is still pricey to get into especially if you advance past the bomber class whereas they can buy an almost race ready MotoX bike and ride tracks that are similar to the ones pros ride....maybe not competively but still tear it up and have fun.

• Like 2