Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

14 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Well I just got back from walking the dog and was thinking about this fan issue and what strikes me is that younger kids, teens and twentysomethings are more into MotoX, Rally Racing, etc....than they are NASCAR. While I realize there are local short tracks where kids can race cars it is still pricey to get into especially if you advance past the bomber class whereas they can buy an almost race ready MotoX bike and ride tracks that are similar to the ones pros ride....maybe not competively but still tear it up and have fun.

Even a bomber or hornet, you can spend $150-250 a night pretty easy.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
46 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Well I just got back from walking the dog and was thinking about this fan issue and what strikes me is that younger kids, teens and twentysomethings are more into MotoX, Rally Racing, etc....than they are NASCAR. While I realize there are local short tracks where kids can race cars it is still pricey to get into especially if you advance past the bomber class whereas they can buy an almost race ready MotoX bike and ride tracks that are similar to the ones pros ride....maybe not competively but still tear it up and have fun.

Is MotoX growing?

Seems to me you'd need at least a truck or trailer plus the bike and gear just to get started.

Used to be several private tracks around here but they've all been plowed or are covered in weeds now.

I just think motorsports in general is of less interest to the teens/twenties these days. Many don't get a license until they have to. Those that do show an interest are more interested in turbo charger 4's than V8's.

We are all smowmobilers here (except a few) and we all know that snowmobiling is in the decline for several years now. The average snowmobiler is close to 50 now. How many of us have kids we raised on sleds but lose interest as they get older.

My son is 24 and will only ride with me if I supply a fast sled and we can ride from the driveway.....lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Is MotoX growing?

Seems to me you'd need at least a truck or trailer plus the bike and gear just to get started.

Used to be several private tracks around here but they've all been plowed or are covered in weeds now.

I just think motorsports in general is of less interest to the teens/twenties these days. Many don't get a license until they have to. Those that do show an interest are more interested in turbo charger 4's than V8's.

We are all smowmobilers here (except a few) and we all know that snowmobiling is in the decline for several years now. The average snowmobiler is close to 50 now. How many of us have kids we raised on sleds but lose interest as they get older.

My son is 24 and will only ride with me if I supply a fast sled and we can ride from the driveway.....lol

On the bold: Nothing wrong with that IMO. At least they are interested in cars instead of video games :bc:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

On the bold: Nothing wrong with that IMO. At least they are interested in cars instead of video games :bc:

My son bought a '13 Focus ST a couple month back (accident victim). I thought "this is great. He will start thinking about the car and stop playing video games."

Well, guess who went and chased down tires and rims. Guess who pushed to get better headlights. Guess who booked the car for tint......lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

My son bought a '13 Focus ST a couple month back (accident victim). I thought "this is great. He will start thinking about the car and stop playing video games."

Well, guess who went and chased down tires and rims. Guess who pushed to get better headlights. Guess who booked the car for tint......lol

At least you have a new toy to play with :lol:

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

My kid(s) will be sans video games.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

At least you have a new toy to play with :lol:

yep, basically what happened.

Like everything else he's owned. He breaks it, I fix it. But for me that has always been half the fun of owning a motor vehicle.

He did good with his track bike when he bought it. Doing his own maintenance, but after the crash it was me pushing to get it fixed. Its been sitting in my back shed for 2 years now untouched.

He can sit in his office and not leave, other than to eat or shit, for days on end.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Is MotoX growing?

There are a number of tracks in Michigan where a kid can ride and since most kids these days have a pickup all they need is a good used bike which are plentiful and some gear....I know some parents spend a lot on their kids just like in any other sport but even if a kid doesn't ride a track there are still pits, woods, trails all over hell....my daughter is a junior in HS and a good number of her friends have bikes.

• Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

Jr's day is over at his last Brickyard 400

Not having the final season I'm sure he hoped he would have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Not having the final season I'm sure he hoped he would have.

HMS as a group hasn't really had a very good season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

No kidding....very out of character for that group. Same with JGR.

• Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

JJ and Elliot are doing fine.

Its Jr and Kahne who are struggling.

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

No kidding....very out of character for that group. Same with JGR.

How many would have though that Chip Ganassi would have 2 cars solidly in the top 10?

Just now, Blackstar said:

JJ has only had 3 top 5's all year. Granted they were wins, but not his normal finishes.

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Just now, Blackstar said:

How many would have though that Chip Ganassi would have 2 cars solidly in the top 10?

Not me and that is a good thing......the sport definitely needs it and The Wood Brothers and Blaney having success is awesome.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Not me and that is a good thing......the sport definitely needs it and The Wood Brothers and Blaney having success is awesome.

every so often the "other" teams figure things out and the "good" teams look to struggle.

I still think JGR is one of the stronger teams this year. They may not have the wins to show for it but they have had competitive cars.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

every so often the "other" teams figure things out and the "good" teams look to struggle.

I still think JGR is one of the stronger teams this year. They may not have the wins to show for it but they have had competitive cars.

They are doing well today.

Edited by Biggie Smails