Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

been years since those existed, now if you have a charter your in if not it's fight it out.  

Agreed but in select francecar races that pay good bank just to make the field,  team owners with a little money or sponsors to burn like a driver that won't take extreme chances with the also ran equipment they have . Plus they can catch a little media in the mix.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I wonder how many years are left on Hamlin's contract :whistle:

Hamlin is still wheeling pretty good , but his health is a question mark at the drop of the flag, one hard hit ..............................

21 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Hamlin is still wheeling pretty good , but his health is a question mark at the drop of the flag, one hard hit ..............................

He's screwed me every time I've picked him in the pool this year. Screw Hamlin :lol:

• Haha 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DAVE said:

:lol:

Terry went on to say that he had it all timed perfectly but when he let the clutch out the reverse gear broke....he said probably a good thing it broke. :lol:

I didn't realize that he and Sr. were pretty tight and good hunting buddies. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Terry went on to say that he had it all timed perfectly but when he let the clutch out the reverse gear broke....he said probably a good thing it broke. :lol:

I didn't realize that he and Sr. were pretty tight and good hunting buddies. 

Neither did i...hes whined about sr a few times...i seem to recall him claiming the one iroc race was fixed so sr would win...or something like that.

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

been years since those existed, now if you have a charter your in if not it's fight it out.  

At this rate, NASCAR should take pretty much anything that will show up and pass a pre-race safety inspection and let the post-race tech sort out the rest.  The top 35 owners points and charter stuff has hurt them for years, in my opinion.  

5 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Very few drivers that once had upper tier equipment under them , can drop down into a field filler team and be happy with themselves. Kahne , I believe has made the correct choice.

Yes.  I think his now old team has a good chance to pick up another good driver given the current talent level in Cup and Nationwide. 

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

I remember watching that race live. Damn, 19 years ago. Time flies.

Holy shit, I was 9 and I remember watching it live too. Dale knew how to use the bumper, that's for damn sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I just looked up Kasey Kahne, he is only 38. I think Jr was 42 when he retired. What is going to be the new average retirement age?

Depends if your racing for jesus or not!

:lol:

• Haha 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

Junior and Terry told another cool story...after his dads death Junior was still wearing the open face and no head restraint and as he put he was hardheaded and if his dad did it he was going to do it. Anyhow they were at race in the motorhome lot and Schrader walked in his trailer and said come with me for a little bit ...they walk over to Schraders bus and walk in and there is like 5 of the “dudes” as Jr. calls them sitting there so he sits down next to Terry Labonte wondering WTH is going on...Labonte says we want you around for awhile so you need to start wearing a full face and neck restraint...the next day Junior did it. Cool story.

• Like 2